The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SecretCircus
Has anyone else not received an acknowledgment from them?

I have an offer but they haven't acknowledged me. I think Soton gives only some acknowledgements, not all.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by roflcopter94
:biggrin: I applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL and Bristol. got interviews for Bristol and Imperial :smile: Where have you applied?

cnograts!!! I applied to Oxford, Soton, then also Imperial and UCL, and deciding which other one to apply to :/
guys do we have a stalking page? if so, where is it?
Original post by jem322
Me! I guess they are not going to send any..:s-smilie:

Original post by Minnie46
Same here! I applied on the 13th october!!!

I got a postcard from them today saying 'Thank you for choosing the University of Southampton. We have received your application and will get back to you as soon as possible', so keep waiting and I'm sure you'll get yours soon :smile:.
Original post by desy.kris
I have an offer but they haven't acknowledged me. I think Soton gives only some acknowledgements, not all.

Thank you, I got an acknowledgment today :smile:.
I've applied here for Pharamacology! :smile: Havent got acknowledgement yet though..
Finally got an acknowledgement..
Reply 187
Original post by paulbridger
Finally got an acknowledgement..

same here.
I applied to Southampton for English. I sent my application about two weeks ago, and still didn't get an acknowledgement or confirmation letter. I guess Southampton doesn't send confirmation letters? Or...? Hmm...
Anyway, Southampton seems really awesome. And the English course seems amazing too.
Did anyone get any offers from Southampton for English?
Reply 189
Original post by a mind in tune
I applied to Southampton for English. I sent my application about two weeks ago, and still didn't get an acknowledgement or confirmation letter. I guess Southampton doesn't send confirmation letters? Or...? Hmm...
Anyway, Southampton seems really awesome. And the English course seems amazing too.
Did anyone get any offers from Southampton for English?

I had an acknowledgement, and you're applying to the same department as me (Humanities). Sure the acknowledgement took a little over two weeks though :smile:
Original post by Lewis :D
I had an acknowledgement, and you're applying to the same department as me (Humanities). Sure the acknowledgement took a little over two weeks though :smile:

Humanities people unite! What subject in the Humanities Department?
You have a good point. If you got it, then I ought to get it sometime then. Ugh, patience is a virtue that I lack - especially in these types of situations.:rolleyes:
Reply 191
Humanities people unite! What subject in the Humanities Department?
You have a good point. If you got it, then I ought to get it sometime then. Ugh, patience is a virtue that I lack - especially in these types of situations.:rolleyes:

French and Spanish, it's on the same campus as English too :awesome:. It shan't take too long, about a week later I got a letter inviting me for a visit with an informal interview which I have next Wednesday. Looking forward to it! :biggrin:
French and Spanish, it's on the same campus as English too :awesome:. It shan't take too long, about a week later I got a letter inviting me for a visit with an informal interview which I have next Wednesday. Looking forward to it! :biggrin:

Sweet! That seems really cool ! I wish you the best of luck with the interview, but I bet you won't need it. I hope it turns out to be fun. :smile:
Avenue Campus right? It's really beautiful, AND Southampton seems like a really nice and big town. Seems great.
Reply 193
Sweet! That seems really cool ! I wish you the best of luck with the interview, but I bet you won't need it. I hope it turns out to be fun. :smile:
Avenue Campus right? It's really beautiful, AND Southampton seems like a really nice and big town. Seems great.

Good luck with your application too! You visited the uni then?
Good luck with your application too! You visited the uni then?

Thanks so much!
And yup, I visited in the summer. In fact I visited all campuses of my uni choices. Did you visit Southampton? And/or anywhere else you've applied to?
Where else did you apply to, may I ask?
Reply 195
Thanks so much!
And yup, I visited in the summer. In fact I visited all campuses of my uni choices. Did you visit Southampton? And/or anywhere else you've applied to?
Where else did you apply to, may I ask?

UCL, King's, Nottingham and Aberystwyth. I've only visited Aber though. If the others give me offers I'll go to their applicant days (I need to book one for King's, but the next one is in March :s-smilie:). You? What's Avenue like? and the accommodation? God knows what I'd choose if I got accepted, there's so many options :lol:. Is Southampton your first choice?
Reply 196
Southampton is really amazing the avenue Campus is wonderful (library ... :love)
Reply 197
ah, I love that after recieving my offer two days ago I get a postcard today saying 'thankyou for your application, we will get back to you as soon as possible'... cheers for the reassurance :wink:
Yay! I got my postcard (finally -_- ) through the post today! How long does it take, especially for Chemistry, to hear after you gotten a postcard? thanks :biggrin:
Reply 199
Original post by Tom_Sg
Southampton is really amazing the avenue Campus is wonderful (library ... :love)

And it's haunted! :crazy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending