On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by desy.kris
how many of you guys will firm Soton?
how many of you guys will insurance Soton?
how many of you guys will not firm nor insurance Soton?

Firmed it already, loved the place when I went for a visit day.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Insurance, if IC and LSE dont answer what, in fact, I really expect.
Original post by TheWalkinDude

wow nice ^.^ so it's possible to reply to offers this early? what's your insurance?

Original post by Lewis :D
Firm, probably. :smile:

what do you plan to make insurance?

Original post by Damienek4037
Insurance, if IC and LSE dont answer what, in fact, I really expect.

good luck with Imperial and LSE then!

Original post by Espa
Insurance ^.^

what do you plan to firm?
Reply 343

And it only gets better once you're there. :smile:
wow nice ^.^ so it's possible to reply to offers this early? what's your insurance?

what do you plan to make insurance?

I think I was only able to reply because I had offers from all 5 of my choices already (lucky me :smile: ). I've put Birmingham City as my insurance.

Original post by glf2110
And it only gets better once you're there. :smile:

I don't suppose you know anyone who's doing the Criminology course do you? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 345
I think I was only able to reply because I had offers from all 5 of my choices already (lucky me :smile: ). I've put Birmingham City as my insurance.

I don't suppose you know anyone who's doing the Criminology course do you? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone can decline outstanding decisions if they want to Firm now. I held out as I wanted to know if I was going to get offers from all my 5.

Sorry, don't know anyone doing Criminology. There tend to be loads of course groups on facebook so maybe worth looking?
Reply 346
what do you plan to firm?

If I get an offer, which is unlikely but fingers crossed anyway, then Cambridge. If not, then Bristol or York, I haven't decided which yet :smile:
I will be neither firming, nor insuring Southampton.
Original post by paulbridger

How comes?
Reply 349
It's my favourite but gonna wait until I get my resit results back in March for the Jan exams, then look at what I have and go from there :smile:
If all goes well it'll be my firm.
Original post by JulietAlphaGolf
How comes?

Because it is my 4th choice. (:
Reply 351
Sorry to disrupt your conversation, but i sent my ucas off two weeks ago and i still havent even got an acknowledgement from Southampton, but got one from all my other choices a day after. Should i be worried?
Reply 352
Original post by Kevalavek
Sorry to disrupt your conversation, but i sent my ucas off two weeks ago and i still havent even got an acknowledgement from Southampton, but got one from all my other choices a day after. Should i be worried?

Nope, not at all. :smile:

actually me too. wanted to +1 but it told me to rep some other members before repping you again :s-smilie:
I changed my mind, I'm not gonna go to UK unless I get a place at Oxford.
what's your first choice btw, out of curiosity?

Original post by Kevalavek

Soton is one of those universities that don't acknowledge every single applicant. I heard only some departments do, through post as a postcard. but I've got an offer and I don't have an acknowledgement, so no worries! :smile:
actually me too. wanted to +1 but it told me to rep some other members before repping you again :s-smilie:
I changed my mind, I'm not gonna go to UK unless I get a place at Oxford.
what's your first choice btw, out of curiosity?

Soton is one of those universities that don't acknowledge every single applicant. I heard only some departments do, through post as a postcard. but I've got an offer and I don't have an acknowledgement, so no worries! :smile:

Nevermind, haha. My first choice is between Durham, UCL and St Andrews, but because they are all so different I need to visit them before I decide. (:
Anyone got an offer for Biological Science yet (C100), I've had offers from my other 4 unis and waiting for southampton, the others replied within 2 weeks, sent mine off 9th November

I think I'd firm or at least insure it (if I even get an offer, ohoho). But some students at Soton and other people tell me that the actual city is pretty boring and there's nothing to do. If it's true then I'd be put off.
After visiting Southampton I really was put-off, the city seems really boring, and very dilapidated... also there was no community feel.. quite disappointed ):
Reply 358
After visiting Southampton I really was put-off, the city seems really boring, and very dilapidated... also there was no community feel.. quite disappointed ):

Really? I loved it :biggrin:
Original post by Damienek4037
Mathematics with Actuarial Science, AAB (incl. Maths , Further Maths)

Add me as English & Spanish AAB (: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending