The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Who's still waiting that has deferred entry/unconditional offer?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Has anyone heard anything from Southampton yet in terms of welcome emails/letters? Freaking out a little here! D:
Reply 722
Got my accommodation offer today :smile:
Pleased the wait is over.
Though I have to ask what was the point of applying 6 months ago just to get my third choice?
Can anybody help explain how universities allocate accommodation? Cheers

Original post by anradu
Though I have to ask what was the point of applying 6 months ago just to get my third choice?

I'm pretty sure it isn't done on a first-come-first-served basis at Southampton. Had a load of a hassle with my application and the guy on the phone assured me it wasn't.

Apart from that I have no idea though :confused:
Original post by omgnowai134
Has anyone heard anything from Southampton yet in terms of welcome emails/letters? Freaking out a little here! D:

I received an email a few hours ago, that's all though.
Reply 725
Anyone apply through clearing? :smile: xxx
Anybody going in for English? :smile:
Reply 727
Original post by anradu

Meee! What uni you waiting from ?
Original post by doctork2
I know I'm a bit late here, but hello!:hi:

I firmed Southampton for medicine, 5-year course. I'm an international student from Canada.
It was amazing how friendly everyone was during my interview - can't wait to start school!

Nice to meet you all :biggrin:
Any other international medics?

Hei

I am a student from Romania who is undergoing the last year of school before I will undertake my Romanian European Baccalaureate. I read a lot on the website and on the prospects about the requirements of this Uni and I'll try to take the tests in the best way possible. What I'm worried about si the voluntary activity. It's a very important segment in selecting students. I have some voluntary activity, but I don't know if it's enough and appropriate.

For example I've been voluntier at Red Cross for 3 years, and learned a lot about how to deal with bones fractures, bleeding, injured patient transport and so on. Also, participating to some first aid competitions.

For one year I am voluntier in Interact Club, youth branch of Rotary Club, and we did a lot of project for the local community.
I worked for 1 year as a sales agent at the national telecomunication company, and it helped me a lot with comunication and persuasive skills.
And my personal blog also....

I don't know. Is it ok? I did not shadow a dr in a hospital, but I could try.

What about your non-academic entry requirements?

Do you have some tips for me? :smile: Or if someone else have something to suggest me, I would appreciate.
Reply 729
Original post by anradu

Have you got a offer yet?
Reply 730
Original post by zahmed1
Have you got a offer yet?

Yup got my accommodation offer on the 25th? I think..
Are you still waiting?
Reply 731
Anyone doing Economics? :smile:
Reply 732
Original post by Smeemi
Anyone doing Economics? :smile:

I'm an economics (and actuarial science) third year. Just thought I'd say hello :smile:
Reply 733
Original post by nmc2g10
I'm an economics (and actuarial science) third year. Just thought I'd say hello :smile:

Ah cool :smile:. How are you finding it? :biggrin:
Reply 734
Original post by Smeemi
Ah cool :smile:. How are you finding it? :biggrin:

I absolutely love it :biggrin:
Original post by anradu

You think you've got it bad? I applied in April and didn't get any of my choices, ended up with part-catered...
Reply 736
Original post by TheWalkinDude
You think you've got it bad? I applied in April and didn't get any of my choices, ended up with part-catered...

I ended up with part-catered too. But I guess it's worth it, no? It's comes up to around £4 a day for a breakfast and dinner included. I'm terrible at organising myself for breakfast so it's great to know it's around and I go grab a bit to eat.
Lunch is when I am most fussy and so whether or I had self-cartered or part-catered didn't concern me too much.
Plus it's sociable.

Sorry that you didn't get your choice though
Which halls did you get?
Original post by anradu
I ended up with part-catered too. But I guess it's worth it, no? It's comes up to around £4 a day for a breakfast and dinner included. I'm terrible at organising myself for breakfast so it's great to know it's around and I go grab a bit to eat.
Lunch is when I am most fussy and so whether or I had self-cartered or part-catered didn't concern me too much.
Plus it's sociable.

Sorry that you didn't get your choice though
Which halls did you get?

I came to terms with it pretty quick tbh, no washing up sealed it for me :wink:

Health wise the meals can also only be an improvement on my current diet... And like you said probably saves me a helluva lot of money, especially considering my first choice accom was an enhanced room in Glen Eyre which is about the same price.

I'm in Connaught, you?
Reply 738
Original post by TheWalkinDude
I came to terms with it pretty quick tbh, no washing up sealed it for me :wink:

Health wise the meals can also only be an improvement on my current diet... And like you said probably saves me a helluva lot of money, especially considering my first choice accom was an enhanced room in Glen Eyre which is about the same price.

I'm in Connaught, you?

Lol oh yeah and the washing up :wink:..
Yeah I'm in Connaught too. Heard awesome things about it too.
You joined the group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/291838520924342/
Can't wait. Summer's zooooomed by
Original post by anradu
Lol oh yeah and the washing up :wink:..
Yeah I'm in Connaught too. Heard awesome things about it too.
You joined the group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/291838520924342/
Can't wait. Summer's zooooomed by

Good man/woman!

Yeah I joined a couple of hours ago, just want to get there now! Summer dragged for me... :frown:

The more I hear and see about Connaught the more I like it, didn't get a chance to look at them on an open day. The communal area looks sweet! And I'm liking the sound of movie nights during Freshers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending