The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coffeeloverr
i phoned - they had over 2000 last year, 1700 this year :smile: i hope they still interview the same amount of people

Nice! :biggrin:
Ooh a drop. I suppose that is good news for us applicants! Edinburgh reported a 7% increase in applications - interesting switch!
i phoned - they had over 2000 last year, 1700 this year :smile: i hope they still interview the same amount of people

Cheers!:smile:
Original post by Anterior view
Think Aberdeen are up aswell:redface:

damn

anyone know about dundee? :redface:
Think Aberdeen are up aswell:redface:

NO WAY! :frown: they already had 2300 people applying! do you know what figure to?
Ukcat scores were sent to the unis today, weren't they? Anyone have any idea when we'll be able to phone up and get the cut-offs for interviews (if they'll tell us that is :tongue: ) ?
Take a look at the stalking page tsr applicants are way up too. I think it's because Aberdeen are so nice and friendly and they have a great course! I'm not surprised people want to go there

Aberdeen is a hotbed for people with a bad to mediocre UKCAT.
Reply 387
Ahh, my UKCAT is only 625 and I got 4As and B in my Highers! I'm seriously worried right now... :frown:
Original post by NMx11
Ahh, my UKCAT is only 625 and I got 4As and B in my Highers! I'm seriously worried right now... :frown:

4As and a B aren't an issue at all. (that's what i got in my highers :colone: )
you meet the minimum requirements so can be ranked by ukcat to determine whether or not you'll get an interview.
and as for the ukcat, well, they had apparently 300 less applicants, and the cut off could be lower this year :redface:

where else did you apply?
Reply 389
Original post by atomos
4As and a B aren't an issue at all. (that's what i got in my highers :colone: )
you meet the minimum requirements so can be ranked by ukcat to determine whether or not you'll get an interview.
and as for the ukcat, well, they had apparently 300 less applicants, and the cut off could be lower this year :redface:

where else did you apply?

I've also applied to Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh
Yeah, I really hope the UKCAT cut off is lower this year!
(edited 12 years ago)

that's a relief if they still interview ~500

another of the uni's i'm applying to (Leeds) interview 600 every year and have 4000 applicants this year (said so in an acknowledgement email I got the other day).

So does that mean the applicant to interview ratio for here (if it stays at 500) Is practically 3.5 to 1?
How many offers are made?
Original post by joemullally
that's a relief if they still interview ~500

another of the uni's i'm applying to (Leeds) interview 600 every year and have 4000 applicants this year (said so in an acknowledgement email I got the other day).

So does that mean the applicant to interview ratio for here (if it stays at 500) Is practically 3.5 to 1?
How many offers are made?

glasgow interview 800, so even better news :colone:
Original post by atomos
glasgow interview 800, so even better news :colone:

Really? So that's like 2 : 1
we have a 50% chance of an interview (give or take a couple of hundered applicants)

I've heard the interviews are lethal though, But the worse they are to you the more they like you?
Is that true?
Reply 393
Original post by joemullally
Really? So that's like 2 : 1
we have a 50% chance of an interview (give or take a couple of hundered applicants)

I've heard the interviews are lethal though, But the worse they are to you the more they like you?
Is that true?

It's not really 2:1, if your ukcat is high then you'll definitely get an interview (assuming you have the min. requirements.) The interviews are supposed to be pretty tough though, but I think they're tough to most people, I've got some friends who had very tough interviews and didn't get in, and others who did
Do you guys think we will know this week what the cut off is likely to be?

Even if they know they're unlikely to just broadcast it.
I think with most uni's last year it was janurary before people knew anything about specific cut off's and most of that was from people phoning up and nagging admissions staff.
However, I don't know if Glasgow is one of those uni's or not as i'm a first time applicant to glasgow.
This must be the quietest thread on tsr!

It'll pick up once interviews start firing out. Glasgow is my number one choice! Got UKCAT of 690 and praying for an offer!
Reply 396
Original post by ChangedMyMind
It'll pick up once interviews start firing out. Glasgow is my number one choice! Got UKCAT of 690 and praying for an offer!

with 690, you're bound to get an interview...i'm keeping my hopes with only 657.5!
Original post by pdk
with 690, you're bound to get an interview...i'm keeping my hopes with only 657.5!

Fingers crossed for both of us! I wish they would hurry up and start getting them sent out!
So how is the interview at Glasgow meant to be? Friendly or detached interviewers?
Original post by Notethis
So how is the interview at Glasgow meant to be? Friendly or detached interviewers?

I've heard it is quite rough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending