The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Braddd
My guess is that it's gonna be tomorrow.

I'm probably gonna be getting three rejections in one week. Can't wait...

None of that negative thinking Brad! I'm sure you will get a place. :cool:
Does anyone know what admissions are saying today?
This is gonna be a looooong day…
Original post by CalumBlack
Does anyone know what admissions are saying today?

Nope, no news yet.. Anyone fancy phoning? By the way, not me.
I wish I had the courage to phone in and ask when replies would be given out but I don't! I'm really hoping for tonight, they must give at least a weeks notice for the open day next tues, don't you think? I hope so!! Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 1665
i phoned in
the lady says we are processing everything at the moment so you will have your offers by 31st of march

me: will they be in time for the open day
lady: the open day is on the 27th so no they wont...

(but like sweetchilli said they asked them to do some tours so surely there will be some offer holders to go on the tour of the medical school... )
Reply 1666
Original post by Farwa
i phoned in
the lady says we are processing everything at the moment so you will have your offers by 31st of march

(but like sweetchilli said they asked them to do some tours so surely there will be some offer holders to go on the tour of the medical school... )

Now to wait up or not tonight?
Reply 1667
Original post by RO'Gara

Now to wait up or not tonight?

i will be waiting every single night till i hear something
Original post by Farwa
i phoned in

hmm, i do think they will get offers out in time for the open day, or why else would they ask people to help out? hopefully they're just saying the 31st in case there's an unexpected delay or something :redface:
Reply 1669
Original post by atomos
hmm, i do think they will get offers out in time for the open day, or why else would they ask people to help out? hopefully they're just saying the 31st in case there's an unexpected delay or something :redface:

thats what i meant too
they wouldnt ask people to help if they werent going to hand out any offers

good luck
Reply 1670
Original post by Farwa
i will be waiting every single night till i hear something

I think I'll be doing the same but I do need some sleep :tongue: so hopefully we'll know before the end of the week!
Does anyone else think that this is just getting ridiculous now? Its been tooo long...I thought it would be mid-march at the latest. :/
Original post by TheQuestion
Does anyone else think that this is just getting ridiculous now? Its been tooo long...I thought it would be mid-march at the latest. :/

I think so too.. SURELY they have made a decision by now! I had my interview in December and it feels like I've waited a lifetime!
Phoned them up today, asked about the offers got the standard 31st response
then said is there some kind of day I can go to if I get good news to find out more about where I could be spending the next 5 years, y'know to aid my decision.
She said that the applicants day is separate from the medical school but it's on the 27th (btw can't come boss said no to leave).
She also said I can book online and Cancel if they give me a response which doesn't include an offer
Meaning they'll be starting before then? Because y'know they might email us before the day telling us if we get rejected so we can cancel?
Reply 1674
Come on Glasgow. Pinning my hopes here now since I got rejected by Dundee :frown: Also have Aberdeen to hear back from but interview went horribly so I doubt I'll get in there.

I wish they could have given us a firm date to hear back by, it would make waiting much easier. Oh well, hopefully this week. Good luck everyone (Y)
Original post by akalasa
Come on Glasgow. Pinning my hopes here now since I got rejected by Dundee :frown: Also have Aberdeen to hear back from but interview went horribly so I doubt I'll get in there.

I wish they could have given us a firm date to hear back by, it would make waiting much easier. Oh well, hopefully this week. Good luck everyone (Y)

Same position as you mate, only it was my st andrew's one that went horribly :tongue:

Good luck!
Reply 1676
Original post by akalasa

i didnt even have an interview for aberdeen :O

Original post by why-hello-there
Same position as you mate, only it was my st andrew's one that went horribly :tongue:

Good luck!

dont lose hope guys like someone else said to me
you only need one offer to become a doctor :smile:
you still have hope
Reply 1677
Original post by why-hello-there

Good luck!

Thanks. You too! :biggrin:
Reply 1678
just been rejected by newc, so hoping for a glasgow offer :smile:
i have one from KCL but I did like glasgow when I visited :biggrin:

jump at every email now....
Reply 1679
Original post by akalasa

I'm the same as well, just got rejected from Dundee. Fingers crossed we both get an offer from Glasgow! :crossedf: (ideally tomorrow!)

And you why-hello-there!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending