The Student Room Group

is my friend lying :/

Okay im pretty sure we all know someone like this, but i wanted to make sure that this was actually a lie. My friend is a bit of an attention seeker (putting personal detail online, naked and sexual intimate pictures). But this has been particularly playing on my mind. If you have accepted an offer from a University can a different university change theirs? so say somewhere rejected, you accepted a different offer and then the rejection suddenly contacted you and said we're giving you an offer now. Is this true do you think?
Original post by Anonymous
Okay im pretty sure we all know someone like this, but i wanted to make sure that this was actually a lie. My friend is a bit of an attention seeker (putting personal detail online, naked and sexual intimate pictures). But this has been particularly playing on my mind. If you have accepted an offer from a University can a different university change theirs? so say somewhere rejected, you accepted a different offer and then the rejection suddenly contacted you and said we're giving you an offer now. Is this true do you think?

:lolwut:

slightly confused by your post.... I doubt it though, although i guess theyre probably entitled to change their mind, it would be highly unlikely!
Lying*

I think your post has got bipolar.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by merryhappy
Lying*

I think your post has got bipolar.

Why? :s-smilie: sorry i was typing as i was thinking so that might be why it's a bit messesd up.
Why? :s-smilie: sorry i was typing as i was thinking so that might be why it's a bit messesd up.

Your post isn't coherent, do you want to rephrase your post again?
Reply 5
Your post isn't coherent, do you want to rephrase your post again?

I can understand it so i'm not sure how i should change it. Basically my friend got rejected from a University and then posted everywhere they got incontact with her (after accepting another offer) and gave an offer aswell. Just wanted to clairfy that it was infact a lie.
Reply 6
It could be true. On results day my friend failed to get into the uni of her choice but later in the day they phoned the school and told them they had changed their mind and were willing to giver her a place. So you're friend might be telling the truth.
I can understand it so i'm not sure how i should change it. Basically my friend got rejected from a University and then posted everywhere they got incontact with her (after accepting another offer) and gave an offer aswell. Just wanted to clairfy that it was infact a lie.

Well you could, but what I was saying is that I couldn't.

I think she's lying.
Reply 8
OP are you bipolar?
Reply 9
Original post by trapzbrah
OP are you bipolar?

Erm not to my knowledge. But i have been told a few times i should get myself checked for something as my behaviour and mood is very eratic, so potentially? But i doubt i do.

Well you could, but what I was saying is that I couldn't.

I think she's lying.

Oh ok thanks
Reply 10
Original post by miserlou
It could be true. On results day my friend failed to get into the uni of her choice but later in the day they phoned the school and told them they had changed their mind and were willing to giver her a place. So you're friend might be telling the truth.

Id understand if it was just a course based on what grades were achieved but its not. An interview and presenting your work determines whether you get an offer. So i don't see how they suddenly changed their minds.
Reply 11
Id understand if it was just a course based on what grades were achieved but its not. An interview and presenting your work determines whether you get an offer. So i don't see how they suddenly changed their minds.

I don't know, in my friends case it was for medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending