The Student Room Group

So, relationship before uni help

Hey,

I'm about to start university, my girlfriend of nearly a year brought up uni recently, she says shes not especially worried, but after talking to her properly about the subject im convinced it does keep her up sometimes, im concerned that possibly she thinks uni is going to cause me to drop her / have sex with someone else / lose interest in her because she does bring it up on occasion.

Uni isn't a huge amount of time from her, and I do drive, im not going to ask whats likely to happen, because everyones case is different, i know some people break up after a week, others stay together until they are 80, Im asking how should i tread when it comes to making her feel better?

As this is an internet forum im not likely to take anything written here as gospel, but would be nice to get a few suggestions
(edited 12 years ago)
I really don't understand why this issue comes up so much?
You don't have to split up because you are going to uni.

If you both think it can work then of course it can. Why not give it a go, keep reassuring her and hopefully she will get the message that there's nothing to worry about.

If not, well deal with the problems when they arrive.

But on another note, if she's really negative and her attiitude is causing you to not enjoy your uni life then it would be time to seriously reconsider.

Good luck!
All comes down to how well you trust each other, which depends also on how long the relationship's been going /cliche but true

If you're both hot and get multiple offers from lots of other hot people, chances are as young adults you're eventually gonna give in sooner or later :wink:
You can reassure her all day that you won't cheat on her, will still visit her etc, but I think she's always likely to worry until she sees it can actually work. Tell her to enjoy the time you have together before Uni starts and hopefully it won't take long after you go away, for you both to settle into a pattern that works for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending