The Student Room Group

Psychology at uni; a levels?

I'm going into year 13 and have been studying Psychology, Design, and English.
I plan to take Psychology at uni, and for most uni's I've looked at it says that preference is given to those who studied 2 sciences.
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to study AS Biology for the next year? Would it be worth it even though it would only be half an A level?
This is assuming I get the grades tomorrow, haha, thanks
It would certainly help more than the subjects you've got, altho A Level would be better. Could you not do the A Level in a year?
I didn't do 2 sciences at A level,I did history,latin and psychology and managed to get into all my choices. plus from what Ive learnt at uni it seems like they prefer people who have done subjects that require you to have good writing skills like english or history rather than subjects that have exams with right or wrong answers.
I did 2 sciences (Psychology and Maths) at A2 and still wasn't successful in all of my chosen universities (York is mean!! lol)... Alternatively, a friend who did 1 science (Psychology) was in the same position (Nottingham rejected her) ... However, she got into Sheffield (which is high on tables and popular with students) and I got into Nottingham. I don't think it matters a huge amount, as long as you do well in the subjects you've chosen. I suggest applying to courses with a range of grade requirements. A lot of people haven't got into their choices because their Firm and Insurance were both above their achieved grades. Don't mean to be negative, but it's best to be prepared for the worst.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending