The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by KR1993
Interviews start tomorrow, then there are two more; Monday and Tuesday. There's also one in February, not sure when though :smile: Hope this helps and thanks!

16th, 19th, 20th of December and 22nd of feb
Reply 321
Good luck for your interviews!! X
Another question....does anyone have a list of, or know know what other medical schools use MMIs?
Reply 323
how did it go today? were they nice ?
Reply 324
Original post by ringham33170
Another question....does anyone have a list of, or know know what other medical schools use MMIs?

I know Dundee uses MMIs, not sure about others sorry.

Original post by crash123

The interviewers were lovely, and the time went by very quickly. I'm kind of beating myself up about some of the stations where I felt I could have said more, but there's really nothing to worry about and it won't be as bad as you expect!
Good luck to those who have their interviews next week!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 325
Original post by Angury
I know Dundee uses MMIs, not sure about others sorry.

The interviewers were lovely, and the time went by very quickly. I'm kind of beating myself up about some of the stations where I felt I could have said more, but there's really nothing to worry about.
Good luck to those who have their interviews next week!

awww im glad! dont worry , most people always feel like they could have said something more! now you have to wait so long to hear something!
glad to hear the interviews went well :smile: mine's on monday and i feel sick to my stomach that there'll be an impossible question and i'll be sitting there like "ermm......" for the 5 minutes!
Reply 327
Original post by karkarpops
Well the emphasis lies mostly on the HPAT in med schools in Ireland. Theoretically, you only need to get 480 points/600 in your Leaving Cert if you're HPAT goes really well. Belfast's gorgeous! Was there for like 2 weeks a few months ago and fell in love with the place and the people :smile: Why don't you like QUB? :smile:

Btw, having said all this, TCD is an incredible uni and major props to you if you get in, you'll have a great 5 years ahead of you! And my interview's on the 19th :biggrin: yours?

OMG I hate Belfast, I think it's really dirty and stuff :P I just think it's really mediocre, and the course structure is poor. So is mine. What time is your's at? :smile:
Original post by d3ano
OMG I hate Belfast, I think it's really dirty and stuff :P I just think it's really mediocre, and the course structure is poor. So is mine. What time is your's at? :smile:

I think Belfast is gorgeous! The people are lovely and the city's buzzing :smile: Why did you apply to Queens, if you dont mind me asking? Have to be there at 11.30 :smile: you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 329

Some of the stations were okay, I particularly loved the role playing ones those topics were interesting :smile:
Although overall I don't think it went well.. some of the interviewers were mean, at one of the stations the guy interrupted me twice and said No I'll repeat the question again, which threw me off guard because I understood the question and knew how to answer it. But he made me feel like I was going about it the wrong way :frown: Then at another station I had to give 3 points and explain them which I gave and the guy said "Thats only two".. my mind went blank and I couldn't think of any other points.
I spoke to a few people after it and they thought it was also very difficult.
Just remain calm and don't let the nerves get to you :smile: Something I wish I had have done.
Reply 330
Original post by KR1993
Some of the stations were okay, I particularly loved the role playing ones those topics were interesting :smile:
Although overall I don't think it went well.. some of the interviewers were mean, at one of the stations the guy interrupted me twice and said No I'll repeat the question again, which threw me off guard because I understood the question and knew how to answer it. But he made me feel like I was going about it the wrong way :frown: Then at another station I had to give 3 points and explain them which I gave and the guy said "Thats only two".. my mind went blank and I couldn't think of any other points.
I spoke to a few people after it and they thought it was also very difficult.
Just remain calm and don't let the nerves get to you :smile: Something I wish I had have done.

yeahh i knoww its so important to be calm! hopefully you did fine! sometimes you think you did bad bt then its good in the end! fingers croosed :smile:
yeahh i knoww its so important to be calm! hopefully you did fine! sometimes you think you did bad bt then its good in the end! fingers croosed :smile:

when's your interview? :smile:
Reply 332
when's your interview? :smile:

monday :s-smilie:
monday :s-smilie:

me too! at 11.30, you? :smile:
Reply 334
me too! at 11.30, you? :smile:

its at 1.30!! all the best!!
Reply 335

Thanks and best of luck! :smile:
Original post by aokgirl
I think I'm just such a homebird! Want to see my parents and my friends :smile: I'm sure I'll get used to being away but especially in the first year i'd like to have that wee comfort of knowing my mum's only down the road (plus some nice meals!)

Well I'm on a gap year in France now so I suppose Belfast would be closer to home for me tbh.
Reply 337
I have my interview on tuesday morning. SO NERVOUS. I know that the MMI's will tear me apart haha!
Original post by dee1334
I have my interview on tuesday morning. SO NERVOUS. I know that the MMI's will tear me apart haha!

I'm on Tuesday morning too! I'm pretty nervous but hopefully it won't be as bad as we are imagining...good luck! :-)
Reply 339
Original post by cz100
What time is yours? I'm on the 19th too.

I'm 9am on Monday! Bricking it!:bricks:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending