The Student Room Group

MSc Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Everez
I felt mine started badly but ended well. Interview lasted a good 40 minutes.

Not quite sure what to expect in terms of the outcome.

Have you had yours yet?

I think you will get in. Mine was 30 mins. I think it all went down the hill, I got quite nervous. What did they ask you?
Reply 81
Same here, the questions were so simple but I got so nervous under the pressure that I could not put down things on paper. I was a bunch on nerves basically. Although they were kind and gave quite a few hints.
Anyone got any offers this week? I am still waiting, but I ain't feeling too hopeful :frown:
Reply 83
Original post by Everez
Not for me, but I have been told the decisions are made pretty quickly and it's just a case of the admins finding time to send out responses. You could call and there's a chance you'd find out the unofficial decision straight away...

Also worth noting that the third deadline closed on the 11th and they might be comparing our applications to those before sending out offers :frown:

I doubt I am getting in, so one person less to compete with.
Original post by Everez
Not for me, but I have been told the decisions are made pretty quickly and it's just a case of the admins finding time to send out responses. You could call and there's a chance you'd find out the unofficial decision straight away...

Also worth noting that the third deadline closed on the 11th and they might be comparing our applications to those before sending out offers :frown:

Thanks for the insight. They told me I will find out either towards the end of this week or sometime next week as they were planning to interview a few other candidates. I am not rushing to find out the decision, especially if it's not positive haha.
Reply 85
Yeah I got an offer this morning too. Delighted! :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by Everez
Anyone hear back yet? Someone on Gradcafe got an offer this morning

No I did not, so I am probably, getting a rejection.
Reply 87
Original post by DanS908
Yeah I got an offer this morning too. Delighted! :smile:

When was your interview?
Does anyone know someone doing the course? I just got an offer this morning(!!!) and I'd really like to talk to someone doing or who has done the MSc about the course!
Reply 89
Original post by Undisclosed~Desires
Does anyone know someone doing the course? I just got an offer this morning(!!!) and I'd really like to talk to someone doing or who has done the MSc about the course!

When did you have your interview?
Reply 90

Oh and I have a friend who is currently on the programme.
Original post by MMSC
When did you have your interview?

Last Wednesday (16th).

Original post by MMSC
Oh and I have a friend who is currently on the programme.

Any chance I could get a hold of this friend to ask a few questions...? Would really appreciate it! Find it hard to get an idea of how such courses are...
Is it safe to assume that at this point, whoever got interviewed in the past two weeks and didn't get an answer yet, will most likely get a rejection email soon?
Reply 93
Last Wednesday (16th).

Any chance I could get a hold of this friend to ask a few questions...? Would really appreciate it! Find it hard to get an idea of how such courses are...

Hey dude, I am not sure he'd be willing to speak to a person he doesn't know. If you have any questions perhaps I can try and ask them for you if that's okay.
Reply 94
Original post by white2black
Is it safe to assume that at this point, whoever got interviewed in the past two weeks and didn't get an answer yet, will most likely get a rejection email soon?

I have a feeling yes we will be rejected. They probably offered those they wanted to.
Reply 95
Got rejected early in the morning! Not the best way to start the day. Weirdly enough I opened my inbox the moment it came through.
Rejection for me too, oh well. Have you all managed to get offers from other places? And what unis are you all at atm, if you mind me asking?
Me 3. No offers yet. I only applied to two schools. I am currently working and I miss math so much haha!
I applied about an hour before the very last march deadline ended. I got an email today saying my interview is on april 19th. I am absolutely bricking it as I am just a lowly BSc Economics student (and a very old one at that). I've done matrices and calculus and some decent econometrics/stats, and nothing else. Ohhhh man. This could be pretty embarrassing.
Reply 99
Have you done any sort of differential equations?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending