The Student Room Group
Reply 1
apply direct? (NHS website has jobs section) although probably less flexibility if it's an advertised specific post..
or a commercial agency?
or the bank? http://www.nhsprofessionals.nhs.uk/
Reply 2
you dont have to be a student nurse to get the flexible hours do you? :confused:
wednesburywench
Hi, could anyone tell me how I could get a job as an auxillary nurse for my summer holidays, or even perhaps during term time, and are these sort of jobs flexible?

thanks

there's either commercial agencies, as has been said, but it's worth finding out how to get in touch with the bank office i assume all hospitals have bank staff and if you get in touch with them you're employed by the NHS trust that you're working in...bank work is very much a flexible thing to do because you either work when you're available or when they need you...i dont know if i've explained that very well :redface:

...and *Emily*....no you dont have to be a student nurse to get the flexible hours..but student nurses get paid as a top grade healthcare assistant which is a couple more pound an hour...i think it's a bit harsh cos if i did bank work i'd get paid more than a healthcare who'd had more experience than i've had hot dinners..but there you go.

Latest

Trending

Trending