The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
GS will be inviting for interviews "in coming weeks". So not really defined time frame. :wink:
Reply 1181
Original post by xil
GS will be inviting for interviews "in coming weeks". So not really defined time frame. :wink:

Have you spoken to them too or do you know someone that works there or something? They definitely take their time- I would have thought that they would be one of the first ones to finish recruiting before people accept offers from other banks. Anyways, I guess it is just a case of wait and see!
Reply 1182
E-mail from HR.
Original post by xil
E-mail from HR.

did you email them? or is it an email inviting you for interview in next couple of weeks.
Reply 1184
They havent invited me for an interview. I was just inquiring about some general stuff and asked when interviews start. So dont get excited guys :wink:
Anybody heard back from BCG first round interviews yet? They said they might reply on the day itself... (and afaik did not)
Original post by alex_hk90
Thanks. :smile: That sounds alright.

How long did JP Morgan take to reply after you did their numerical?
Original post by facetious
How long did JP Morgan take to reply after you did their numerical?

I took the test on a Sunday, and got an interview invite the following Monday evening.
I took the test on a Sunday, and got an interview invite the following Monday evening.

Do you know if they review your application before tests? It's been a couple days now since I completed the numerical :s-smilie:
Do you know if they review your application before tests? It's been a couple days now since I completed the numerical :s-smilie:

I don't know, sorry. Though a couple of days isn't exactly that long. I took my Citi numerical a week ago and haven't heard since.
I don't know, sorry. Though a couple of days isn't exactly that long. I took my Citi numerical a week ago and haven't heard since.

Yeah I know, its just that I'd heard JP reviewed applications before sending out test invitations, so unless I failed the test.. though in which case I would have expected an instantaneous rejection :dontknow:
Reply 1191
Just wondering if anyone has heard back RE: HSBC's research AC? I got an email on trhusday syaing that the AC will be scheduled for this coming friday and that i would know whether or not I get shortlisted soon...
Reply 1192
Yeah I know, its just that I'd heard JP reviewed applications before sending out test invitations, so unless I failed the test.. though in which case I would have expected an instantaneous rejection :dontknow:

Hey,

try to be patient! It took Citi 3 months after I completed my numerical test to invite me for an AC for the internship last year (Citi also reviews pre-tests). I was pretty sure I had failed it but was later told I scored really well. Also with JPM, the recruiting is team specific, so maybe they're passing your details around with individual MDs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by banzie
Just wondering if anyone has heard back RE: HSBC's research AC? I got an email on trhusday syaing that the AC will be scheduled for this coming friday and that i would know whether or not I get shortlisted soon...

Same. We'll probably hear on Monday.
Reply 1194
Was anybody at the ICAP AC on Thursday just gone?
Original post by Smtn
For the last few years. My starter group was ages 23-25 (I'm 24), rather than 21-23 fresh grads.

Recruiters can afford to pick people with 1-2 years post uni experience

I'm only 20 when I graduate :frown: Maybe I should just do a Masters...just can't afford it...
Reply 1196
Original post by nirvathema
I'm only 20 when I graduate :frown: Maybe I should just do a Masters...just can't afford it...

You don't need a masters, you just need decent work experience
Guys could you help me out.

If you go to http://www.mercer.com/careers?siteLanguage=100 and click on 'Apply Now' on the right hand side, can you actually see any job openings? I just see a Taleo sign-in page with no possibility to register a new account.
Original post by Vindobona
Guys could you help me out.

If you go to http://www.mercer.com/careers?siteLanguage=100 and click on 'Apply Now' on the right hand side, can you actually see any job openings? I just see a Taleo sign-in page with no possibility to register a new account.

I get the same as you - when I select "English" I just see a sign-in page asking for username and password.
Reply 1199
Guys,

Did anybody hear back from Jefferies or has already done so?I got first round soon...any help is appreciated

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest