The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Scroll to see replies

Best of luck to everyone - opportunities are certainly not abundant. Hopefully 2012 will be good to us? :o:
So, to the people who haven't given up hope yet, where are your viable options? and where else are you planning on applying to?

The roles I'm still harbouring hopes for are:
Fidelity (Equities): Final Round Interview this month
Schroders (European Equities): Assessment Centre this month
JP Morgan AM (Investment Management Services): Assessment Centre this month
Towers Watson (Investment Consultancy): Passed Telephone Interview
KPMG (Investment Advisory): Completed Telephone Interview, waiting to hear back

Blackrock (PMG - Equities): Completed Online Tests. Last year they interviewed in January so I am still hopeful there.
Mercer (Investment Consultancy)

I've also applied to Ruffer, with the intention to apply to GT, BDO and Baker Tilly for Audit as well as Brewin Dolphin, Capita Hartshead and Cambridge Associates.
Anyone else get Commerzbank online tests sent through today? Applied for Fixed Income Graduate
Anyone heard anything at all from CS??
Original post by Nabster_88
Anyone heard anything at all from CS??

Nothing since tests. Been a couple months.
Original post by facetious
Nothing since tests. Been a couple months.

Yeah same. Did anyone have any news on why this is so?

Are they just not hiring or are they waiting to see if there is a need.

I had an email from them this afternoon saying they are reviewing apps at the moment and should be getting back to me in a few weeks regarding interviews.

This is for CS Asset Management by the way.
Reply 1787
Original post by bluenose53

Original post by bluenose53
Anyone else get Commerzbank online tests sent through today? Applied for Fixed Income Graduate

Hi! When did you apply please? Thanks!
Reply 1788
So whos looking at Masters! :biggrin:
Original post by M Yass
Hi! When did you apply please? Thanks!

December 1st. I think I did badly in the tests though, so Im expecting rejection. But they do review before I think:

1st email:

'Thank you very much for your application and interest in joining Commerzbank. We are pleased to inform you that after reviewing all applications your's looks very interesting! In the next step of the recruitment process is for you to complete an online assessment hosted by our partners SHL.'

Then after they sent that out twice they sent this:

'All,

This morning you have been emailed the SHL online tests to complete, as part of the recruitment process for Commerzbank's Graduate Programme.

Two emails (with two separate usernames) have been sent by mistake; as such, please can I ask you to only complete one set of the online tests (numerical and verbal) and to ignore the second set and username.

if you have any queries regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact us.'

So Im guessing they did send a batch of them out.
Reply 1790
Original post by Jakeh

Not me... I'm looking at JSA :frown:
Reply 1791
Original post by Esco910
Not me... I'm looking at JSA :frown:

JSA is what? Im looking at Masters at RMS and SSE
Reply 1792
Original post by Jakeh
JSA is what? Im looking at Masters at RMS and SSE

LOL! Job Seekers Allowance, on the plus side you not knowing what JSA stands for is a VERY good sign
Reply 1793
Original post by Esco910
LOL! Job Seekers Allowance, on the plus side you not knowing what JSA stands for is a VERY good sign

ive never had to look for JSA so dont get the abuse?
Original post by Jakeh

I've been looking but I'm not sure I want to study for (yet) another year and it's ridiculously expensive.

No idea, but at this point I'm not too hopeful tbh :s-smilie:
CS interview invite, 16th jan. She said there would be two at least and would e-mail details later today. Anyone have any experience of CS interview process, AC type exercises at all? Quite surprised tbh, come completely out of the blue.
Reply 1797
Original post by Ludovic_88

Original post by Ludovic_88
CS interview invite, 16th jan. She said there would be two at least and would e-mail details later today. Anyone have any experience of CS interview process, AC type exercises at all? Quite surprised tbh, come completely out of the blue.

Hi! Which position is it for? Thanks!
what constitutes a technology role in corporate functions?

I got a grad role before xmas at citi in technology global markets and we were told that was the end of interviewing so i assume i got the last job. Someone messaged me today on wikijob saying they have a technology interview for citi for corporate functions. I was just wondering if i have missed out on a better job
Original post by jermaindefoe
what constitutes a technology role in corporate functions?

I got a grad role before xmas at citi in technology global markets and we were told that was the end of interviewing so i assume i got the last job. Someone messaged me today on wikijob saying they have a technology interview for citi for corporate functions. I was just wondering if i have missed out on a better job

fml - that was a serious question, why so many negs :teeth:

Quick Reply

Latest