The Student Room Group

Did anyone manage to get a better overall grade at A2 than at AS?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
From AABCD ( the D dropped) to A*ABB . BUT I did resit a lot of exams in Jan :smile:
Reply 21
I went from a D in AS Politics to an A overall at A2 >_> <3 retakes

Also, bbcd to A*ABc.
AAE into A*AC
Reply 23
My friend got ABCC at AS level and dropped one of the C's and this year she got AAB :smile:, I also got a B in accounts AS and got an A this year, very do-able, work hard do some retakes and good luck :smile:
Reply 24
BBC -> A A* A*
Yeah, I improved a bit.
I got a C in AS Psychology and ended up with an A* overall

...so yes.
Reply 26
Original post by Bektas
E to a B.
D to a C.

I'm proud of the first one, hard work paid off :biggrin:

I did E to a B too, in Maths!. Every teacher thought I was a lost cause, in fact, I'm just completely lazy.

CCE - AS
BBC - A2

and I'm going to Bath so, it's completely possible. I worked MEGA hard though, easter holidays and may half-term were just pure WORK. In the library most days after school for 1.5-2 hours.

Laziness comes at a price I tell ya that! :wink:

P.s. I resat a few units obviously :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
I went from just scraping a C in physics AS to getting nearly an A at A2 (getting paper with essay remarked fingers crossed it will be good news :crossedf:
Yeahh, got 4 low As (just scraped them e.g. highest was 82%) at AS, just got A*A*A at A2 :biggrin:
Reply 29
in AS year I got BCD and in A2 I got AAB... so it is most definitely possible :wink:
AAAA at AS
A*AAA at A2
Reply 31
I got ABC at AS and pushed it up to AAA at A2. Retake, work hard and don't give up!
ABB at AS
to AAB at A2
Yep, re-took every chemistry exam possible and went from a low C to a high B
Reply 34
In Biology I managed to go from a D to a C. But I did resit one of the AS papers. For my other subjects I stayed the same though.
I went from ACC to ABB.
Reply 36
I did.

For my AS:

Maths - 252/300 - A
Bio - 244/300 - A
Chem - 237/300 - B
Phys - 252/300 - A

So as you can see pretty low A's/high B's.

My A2 Parts:

Maths - 273/300 - A*
Bio - 271/300 - A*
Chem - 258/300 - A
Phys - 240/300 - A

So i improved everything pretty dramatically except Physics due to a coursework mishap. (I was given 59/60 by my teacher but it was moderated to 33/60 by edexcel.... :s-smilie: )
AABB at AS
AAAA at A2
BBCD at AS BBB at A2 all A's in my A2 exams tho, no retakes at all.
Reply 39
I managed to turn CCDD to ABCC at A2.

Quick Reply

Latest