The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Anyone staying in the Junxion?!

If anyone knows if we get any pots, pans etc in the junxion could you let me know? x
Reply 1
Hey there, Also staying at the Junxion got the letter today, nice knowing how much debt to be in looking at the costs, hopefully the maintenance grant will cover everything.. and sorry no idea if pots, pans, toaster (important) is included. But ill ask when i next give them a call. What course you going to study btw.. Interactive design here.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
hey!

Studying drama. Yeahh very pricey but it's really nice accommodation so i don't mind!!
I'm studying drama so right across the road!
Do you know what flat you got? I'm flat 321 :smile:
Reply 3
No idea which flat i've got, need to sort out deposit then ill find out.

Just spoke to the girl on the phone really nice and cheerful, Helpful too.. and she said things like pots, pans, kettle, toaster, iron/ironing board aren't included but there is a microwave, TV (license free as its payed for) cooker, freezer, fridge, dishwasher. But might be wise to wait see what others brought and keep some money back to go buy those items or we might end up with 5 people in a room with 5 toasters. Gonna take iron/ironing board tho as ill always need that.

Yeah pricey but contents insurance is covered and its looks nice so ticks my boxes. They seem pretty understanding regarding student finance also so they're happy for you to pay rent the day you move in.
Reply 4
yeah i went down on thursday and the landlord showed us around but forgot to look in cupboards for all the pans and stuff!!

Glad about student finance! Rang them today and they have said they haven't recieved dads finance even though they rang back saying they found it. so mine hasn't come through which means parents are probably going to have to help me out for a while!

Have you got your freshers ticket yet ?!!
Reply 5
Yeah they aren't the fastest people to deal with. I've had the "verify your birth cert" letter back nearly 5 times now, I've moved house so many times I've not known anyone who's a lawyer, police, teacher for 3 years since i only did a 2 year course :/ and every school I've been has been 2 years or less.. and I've only seen from the leaflet and website but it does looks really nice.

Got my enrollment ticket, unless its that i haven't got a freshers ticket yet.

Oh, also junxion are sending out a Packing Pack (yeah made as much sense when i heard the name too) on what you'll need to pack to live there also how everything works, apparently the 2nd years got sent out today but they are doing the 1st years as theirs more stuff in it.
Reply 6
yeahh hahaha i know what that packing pack is! The man made me read it last week when i went over to see if it was actually any good to send out.
But i only live 45 minutes from Lincoln so know most of it.

Student finance have done my head in for the past year! Whenever i ring i can't understand what there on about. Has yours cleared now?

You need to get a freshers ticket. Have you seen the line up for the week? It looks really good :tongue:

I'm getting stupidly excited now. I just hope my room mates are nice!!
Reply 7
Ah yeah, cant wait for freshers week.. and mm i need to look to see were you get the tickets from then.
Nope student finance still not cleared yet, its only one document but since i registered early they pay out asap- either way the junxion seem to understand.

and yeah I'm not too far from Lincoln 40mins on the train so not too bad. Well Loughborough not really far away.

Hopefully yeah that's only thing I'm thinking about since your going to be with them for nearly a year maybe more if your not house sharing..
Reply 8
http://www.lincolnfreshers.com/ there's the website :smile:

i really wanted to go further away but Lincoln is such a nice uni! I've managed to get in a 6 bedroom flat but one of my mates is in the same flat which is going to be brilliant!

I've brought the full week freshers ticket but i think i'm going to die.
Lucozade and Pro plus is essential i think :|

And did the woman tell you we can get our keys from 1st September? So i'm just gradually moving my things down there so on the 16th/17th its not one massive rush and won't feel like i'm leaving home as much hopefully?!
Reply 9
hiii, staying at the junxion this year :smile: flat 353, i think!

just tried to buy a freshers ticket and it asked for a passcode, any idea where i can find this? completely clueless!

Reply 10
Its steam :smile: i was extremely confused aswell! getting excited?!
Reply 11
ahh thank you, that makes sense!

yessss, excited, but majorly nervous! don't think its hit me yet that i'll be living somewhere else! :smile:

have you got your junxion contracts yet?
Reply 12
got my letter today im staying at the junxion! yay! i guess my bursary is going on the fees though, nevermind! just excited to be all sorted!

flat 312!! just got the call
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest