The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

How do you know which accommodation you were given?

Applied in April/May, got my results last week which were all good, but now need to know how and when do we know what accomodation we get? Any contributions would be appreciated...Congrats to all the prospective sussex undergrads! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We'll find out by early September apparently. The people who had unconditionals know already, and now they're (hopefully) sorting ours out :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Mine took about 3 weeks to be confirmed =]
Reply 3
I'm getting a bit anxious about it too.. although I'm not strictly studying at Sussex, I'm on a degree at BIMM, but Sussex sorts out the accommodation. I'd like to be on campus for the social side of things, but obviously it's a distance from BIMM, but still a lot better than travelling from London every day :smile:
Reply 4
I'm anxious about it. I hope I get into my first choice.
I'm hugely worried. Its first come first served (I didn't think it was!) and I only did it on 7th July :frown: My first choices were all halls, NOT HOUSES, and all en suite (Although I put east slope last). Even though these are the biggest accomodations I have a feeling all these stupid unconditional people have taken them!

I will be bummed if I dont get en suite, but I will be even more pissed if I get a house :/ Apparently Park Village has to share one shower between TWELVE PEOPLE.

Weird how Sussex seems to be exceptionally disorganised by university standards, all of my friends either got their accomodation before results, on the day or are expecting it this week.

I put Northfield as my first, what did everyone else put?
Original post by Charlieeeeee
I'm hugely worried. Its first come first served (I didn't think it was!) and I only did it on 7th July :frown: My first choices were all halls, NOT HOUSES, and all en suite (Although I put east slope last). Even though these are the biggest accomodations I have a feeling all these stupid unconditional people have taken them!

I will be bummed if I dont get en suite, but I will be even more pissed if I get a house :/ Apparently Park Village has to share one shower between TWELVE PEOPLE.

Weird how Sussex seems to be exceptionally disorganised by university standards, all of my friends either got their accomodation before results, on the day or are expecting it this week.

I put Northfield first too. Hope I get it.

It is annoying how slow it is. They've known for over a week that we're coming but it's another two or three weeks until they've got accommodation organised. How hard can it be?
I spoke to the accommodation office yesterday and they said they've sent out accommodation offers this week and they should arrive the end of this week, start of next week. I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by x_melissaanne
I spoke to the accommodation office yesterday and they said they've sent out accommodation offers this week and they should arrive the end of this week, start of next week. I hope this helps :smile:

Really? All of them? Awesome.
Reply 9
Original post by Charlieeeeee

I thought they said it wasn't first come first served (but that it basically was in reality!). That sucks :frown: but at least northfield is all en-suite and has like 800 rooms or something so that's a good chance? Same as you though - I applied even later I think :frown: :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SmallTownGirl
Really? All of them? Awesome.

Yep, I already know my accommodation through phoning them and i'm sure i've read elsewhere that they sent out the packages! thursday or friday!!!
Yep, I already know my accommodation through phoning them and i'm sure i've read elsewhere that they sent out the packages! thursday or friday!!!

Lucky. Where are you living?
Lucky. Where are you living?

Northfield!! as far as i gathered as well, northfield still had spaces in july :smile: so there is still hope. :biggrin:
Northfield!! as far as i gathered as well, northfield still had spaces in july :smile: so there is still hope. :biggrin:

That's where I wanna be. Lucky...
That's where I wanna be. Lucky...

You may be there too, thursday or fridayyyyy! :smile:
You may be there too, thursday or fridayyyyy! :smile:

Hope so.
Reply 16
Still haven't got mine :frown: only got the welcome pack yesterday!
Well you're doing better than me, I've not had the welcome pack or any word on accomodation. :frown: Nice hefty booklist to be getting on with though, so at least I know they have my address!
i got my welcome pack through eventually (its interesting to note that there was no actual cover letter congratulating me on going to sussex, just the generic leaflets and files everyone gets) and my accomodation i got online this morning. i got northfield but now im worried its going to be all international students, honestly there is NO pleasing me hahahaaaaaaaaaa
Got my welcome pack and everything today... 31A Stanmer Court, quite pleased with I spose.. I wanted an en-suite, and it was one of the cheaper, if not the cheapest one. Only thing is once accommodation is paid for I have £1700 to live on for the year, not including my job.. If anyone here has been through uni or at least a year of it before, is that a decent amount?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending