The Student Room Group

Bad news? Gallup finds Obama in tough race against Republican candidates

Americas would rather have Mitt Romney as President? And he is tying Perry? And he has a mere four point lead on Michele Bachmann? What madness is this. :mad:

The good thing is polls this far out don't mean much ... but this still shows Obama is vulnerable and a lot of Americans have screwed up minds and should not be allowed to vote.

A new Gallup poll of registered voters shows President Obama locked in a very tight race with four possible Republican rivals.

Mitt Romney leads Obama, 48% to 46%, Rick Perry and Obama are tied at 47%, and Obama edges out Ron Paul, 47% to 45%, and tops Michele Bachmann, 48% to 44%.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/08/22/obama_in_close_race_with_four_challengers.html
Reply 1
Ron Paul may be a religous nut but at least he has integrity and an understanding of how to fix the economy, foreign policy and the US government.
This only comes as a surprise to those who don't follow the news in america and have an understanding of US politics. Those who use the BBC as their sole source of news and bought into all that 'hope and change' rubbish.

I knew Obama would probably not get a second term from early 2010. Obama is finished because he does not think and act like a president. He is finished because he made the economic mess that Bush left a million times worse. He is finished because he made a large number of promises to his left wing base in 2008 ,which he has not delivered on. He is finished because him and his cronies thought chicago mob tactics could work in washington. He is finished because a group of patriotic americans (the tea party) became a huge movement and managed to get members elected to congress.

Race Baiting and blaming Bush for your mistakes can only get you so far. The only way the democrats can keep the presidency is if they primary Obama,that is the fact. And even then due to the damage he has done, that is moot.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
A bit of a side point here, but what do the Republicans want to do in regards to American presence in Afghanistan? I wonder how that will effect the slant in which way the next Term is decided. I suppose it runs on how general feeling about Afghan is now. Though, with Osama gone (that will probably help Obama in his running next Term), I think most Americans who are taking interest in Afghanistan will want to pull out.

I've found a lot of TSR seems to be against Obama, but I think he's good and I hope he gets in next Term.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Because you don't agree with someone's opinoin they should not be allowed to vote?
Reply 5
Original post by Aj12
Because you don't agree with someone's opinoin they should not be allowed to vote?

Duh, democracy only counts when it produces 'competent' leaders.
Original post by DH-Biker
A bit of a side point here, but what do the Republicans want to do in regards to American presence in Afghanistan? I wonder how that will effect the slant in which way the next Term is decided. I suppose it runs on how general feeling about Afghan is now. Though, with Osama gone (that will probably help Obama in his running next Term), I think most Americans who are taking interest in Afghanistan will want to pull out.

I've found a lot of TSR seems to be against Obama, but I think he's good and I hope he gets in next Term.

His approval rating was only 39% a couple of days ago, could still even go lower yet.

His handling of the debt ceiling negotiations were poor, Michael Moore and some Msnbc commentators were hammering him on it and now many say people on the left wont vote for him because of how dissapointed they are in him. He was expected to be one of the greatest presidents ever.
Ron Paul for 2012!
Original post by DH-Biker

On Afghanistan it is my understanding that with the exception of perhaps Michelle Bachmann and Certainly Ron Paul all the candidates who are running would pretty much leave unchanged what Obama is doing right now.The main establishment republican candidates, Mitt Romney and Rick perry are of that view,if elected don't expect much change from Obamas time as president. I read a report recently that suggested that the US military want to keep some presence in Afghanistan up to 2024.

If you do your research and don't believe the media spin about the tea party. The tea party is a mix of fiscally orientated conservatives,christian right even some disillusioned democrats,who would be more likely to object to prolonged wars as true conservatives are isolationists,Ron Paul is also strongly connected to the tea party .So any candidate who is connected to the tea party and got elected would in theory have to bare that in mind. A tea party president if we take Michelle Bachmann from my understanding would be more likely to consider other military options including a pullout in afghanistan for fiscal reasons as well as the fact that they would be opposed to american lives being lost due to overly restrictive rules of engagement,not wanting their boys and girls being hurt because they can't fight back effectively due to concerns about civilian casualties.Sarah Palin has also expressed concerns about afghanistan and said if she became president she would consider whether there needed to be a large number of US troops there.

On the other hand Congressman Allen west for instance who is on the armed services committee and is a tea party republican, believes in a much more limited ground war, but more of a reliance on smart technology as well as the use of more air assets and special forces. This would result in more civilian lives lost but there would be huge pressure for the war to be 'won' if american assets are to be used. It would not be good enough, for there to be a military presence but no firm method to defeat the enemy. It would not be acceptable for american lives to be lost needlessly.

Ron Paul would certainly go further if he became president and kept his promises and American troops would not only leave afghanistan but other areas of the world also.
Barack Obama is hated by around 40% of Americans. Always has been, always will be. Another 20% were willing to give him a chance, and the other 40% fell in love with him.

Now, after 2 years, the first 40% still hate him (despite doing his best to be a conservative), the next 20% are fed up with his inability to fix anything (because he was too busy trying to be a conservative to implement effective economic policy), and the last 40% are disappointed with him (because he campaigned as a moderate liberal but governed as a moderate conservative).

He is in trouble for the same reason all democrats get into trouble - he is too frightened to act on his beliefs (or what he claimed his beliefs to be).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending