The Student Room Group

Sounds like a stupid question, but why don't peole take LSD?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by disposablesteve
Word of mouth from the people I knew at the time / got it from / tripped with, and also I'm normally a thorough person and health&safety freak so I did a lot of research at the time before deciding to experiment myself with it. I read countless FAQ's, LSD Synthesis Guides and website archives of LSD history and peoples 'trip-tales' before i took it for the first time.

There used to be well known (within LSD circles) blotter art that usually had an indication of the strength, I remember strawberries, popeyes (picture of popeye eating spinach), tin-tins (Tin-tin in a rocket) and some indian-style patterned tabs. And microdots, at the time we were all under the impression that microdots were 100mcg.

Thanks for the source link :smile:

Impossible to know the strength of acid really, without knowing the chemist personally or getting it analysed. When I used to take it (late 80s/early 90s), we used to say "oh, this is 100 mikes, this one 75", but we didn't have a clue really.
Cause some of us don't feel socially insignificant enough that we think we need to look badass or fit in by taking such utter ****e.
Reply 182
Original post by Nightstar-27
Cause some of us don't feel socially insignificant enough that we think we need to look badass or fit in by taking such utter ****e.

Never think there might be people out there that take drugs because they enjoy the experiences they offer, in the same way as people enjoy other recreational activities, sports, etc?
Perhaps the thought of a bad trip puts people off, 12+ hours of uninterrupted pure terror doesn't sound too nice if I'm honest. Not a gamble I'd like to take.
Reply 184
Original post by Kibalchich
I'm trying to remember where I read those stats, to no avail.

How do you know how strong the acid you took was? Did you have it analysed?

I knew a chemist in the Netherlands who used to get trips analysed for strength. The weakest were Lotus Flowers - around 40-50ug, very mellow, not much hallucination. Buddhas were between 80-100. Strongest I ever encountered were Gorbachovs, which were non-stop visuals. They were some way over 100ug.

Judging by that, I'd reckon the Purple Oms and Red Dragons floating around London in the early 90s were probably around 80ug - similar in strength to Buddhas. But then sometimes you'd get one that would blow you away, which was said to have been 'double dipped'.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/507019-Highest-dosage-on-LSD-blotter-experienced?p=8524723#post8524723
Impossible to know the strength of acid really, without knowing the chemist personally or getting it analysed. When I used to take it (late 80s/early 90s), we used to say "oh, this is 100 mikes, this one 75", but we didn't have a clue really.

I agree completely its impossible to know the strength. I'd still say that I was able to have a vague idea, when I was experimenting it was so rare to come across any that my circle of friends usually acquired it from the same people and it hadnt passed through many hands on its way from the lab to us. But yes, all we had to go on in terms of judging strength was the word of the person who last passed it on.
Original post by Jono404
Never think there might be people out there that take drugs because they enjoy the experiences they offer, in the same way as people enjoy other recreational activities, sports, etc?

How did they know what experiences it offered before they took it and where do you think they got introduced to the idea?

I've never taken anything to 'look badass' or 'to fit in'.

I've experimented with a lot of things in my life, simply because I'm here, I'm alive and I'm open minded enough to have a desire to experience unique sensations that will educate me, exhilirate me, strengthen me and make me wiser and conscious of the reality that surrounds me. And as I grow older, I can look back and know that I've seen the nature of our existence, and all its wonders, and that I will eventually develop into all i can ever be. I'm a living breathing Human being, on a path to enlightenment one way or the other.

edit: wow, just read that back and its the most treehuggingly hippyish thing I've ever writen. But the point I attempted to make still stands :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 188
How did they know what experiences it offered before they took it and where do you think they got introduced to the idea?

Because reports written by people who have taken them are readily available, and you could extend that argument to virtually anything. I'm guessing you drink, you must do that just to fit in and look badass then?
Original post by disposablesteve
I've never taken anything to 'look badass' or 'to fit in'.

I've experimented with a lot of things in my life, simply because I'm here, I'm alive and I'm open minded enough to have a desire to experience unique sensations that will educate me, exhilirate me, strengthen me and make me wiser and conscious of the reality that surrounds me. And as I grow older, I can look back and know that I've seen the nature of our existence, and all its wonders, and that I will eventually develop into all i can ever be. I'm a living breathing Human being, on a path to enlightenment one way or the other.

Experimenting you say, would you experiment with poison? If you think drugs are going to enlighten you, you are sadly mistaken. Most drugs can have very damaging effects on your mental health and thus make you weaker, less conscious of the world around you, decay your intelligence. These sensations are hardly unique either.
Experimenting you say, would you experiment with poison? If you think drugs are going to enlighten you, you are sadly mistaken. Most drugs can have very damaging effects on your mental health and thus make you weaker, less conscious of the world around you, decay your intelligence. These sensations are hardly unique either.

Do you drink alcohol?
Original post by Jono404
Because reports written by people who have taken them are readily available, and you could extend that argument to virtually anything. I'm guessing you drink, you must do that just to fit in and look badass then?

And reading reports that encourage drug use is not fitting into a certain social group? Actually I don't drink alcohol and many people who do only do so just to be social or because they're majorly down.
Reply 192
Because it's naughty!
Do you drink alcohol?

No. I don't smoke either. I'm not a hypocrite. I realise smoking and drinking are just as harmful.
And reading reports that encourage drug use is not fitting into a certain social group? Actually I don't drink alcohol and many people who do only do so just to be social or because they're majorly down.

Tea? Coffee?
No. I don't smoke either. I'm not a hypocrite. I realise smoking and drinking are just as harmful.

Tea? Coffee? Coca-Cola/Pepsi/Red Bull?

I wouldn't experiment with poison as there are countless documents detailing the toxicity of it and the damage it could do to a person.

Much like I decided to experiment with psychadelic substances after reading countless documents detailing the effects of the substances on the body and the mind and any damage it could do to a person.

I'm not stupid, I do my research and I make my own mind up. There are a lot of harmful drugs out there, and there are a lot of stupid people taking stupid quantities of them in stupid combinations with other drugs. Which is just plain dumb.

Also, do you drink alcohol? because I'm not sure if you heard, it can be bad for you mentally and physically, did you hear?....

Edit: was still typing when other people asked if you drank alcohol, and you replied you dont. Congratulations on not being a hypocrite, but you're entire argument is going to lack credibility unless you have something to say thats not based on the government anti-drugs propoganda machine.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by murcielago998
Unfortunately, many people are not as educated..and so chaos would ensue if they were legal.

People who want to get hold of drugs will, irrespective of whether or not they're legal. This is especially true of LSD, which can be manufactured, transported and distributed with relative ease.
Tea? Coffee? Coca-Cola/Pepsi/Red Bull?

Tea- No
Coffee- No
Soft drinks- Only in situations where they're the only thing around (I have been in such situations) and when I was a young child
Energy drinks- No.
Fast food- Not since I was a child.
Sweets- Again childhood.
Chocolate- When its part of other foods like cereal.

Anything on that list I didn't cover?
Tea- No
Coffee- No
Soft drinks- Only in situations where they're the only thing around (I have been in such situations) and when I was a young child
Energy drinks- No.
Fast food- Not since I was a child.
Sweets- Again childhood.
Chocolate- When its part of other foods like cereal.

Anything on that list I didn't cover?

Must be great to be so pure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending