The Student Room Group

surname spelt wrong on ucas application

my surname is spelt wrong it has an extra L instead of one. what should i do ? is this a major issue? thanks:eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
phone them up and get it sorted???

it doesn't take a genius to work that out?!
Reply 2
Original post by TheBritishBloke
A quick phone call to UCAS and explaining the situation should sort it out. So long as you're in for 2012 entry, there's no real rush.

im going uni this sept 2011
A quick phone call to UCAS and explaining the situation should sort it out. So long as you're in for 2012 entry, there's no real rush.
Original post by Tahj

Somehow you quoted me before I posted apparently.. Strange..

Shouldn't cause any issue, your University will probably be able to change it when you actually enrol.
Original post by Tahj

You can ring UCAS, though perhaps the more pressing issue is that you should ring the uni you'll be enrolling at and ensure that all the documentation they are producing for you is in the correct name.
Reply 6
Phone UCAS and the uni you are going to. Probably more important to get in touch with your uni now. When I added my middle name to my application when I got in touch with UCAS I had to email a copy of my drivers license to prove it, but my unis changed it without a problem.
Reply 7
Original post by Tahj
didnt you read my reply? wow you must be real thick

You never read through your application at the end to confirm it? The bit where it lists the entire application to make sure its all correct.

Reply 8
Original post by Tabers
Phone UCAS and the uni you are going to. Probably more important to get in touch with your uni now. When I added my middle name to my application when I got in touch with UCAS I had to email a copy of my drivers license to prove it, but my unis changed it without a problem.

Ive been accepted at my uni so erm i should fone the uni instead of ucas?
Reply 9
Original post by Tahj
Ive been accepted at my uni so erm i should fone the uni instead of ucas?

Yeah...then ask them if you need to ring up UCAS. I would have thought that if the Uni has your results and things then UCAS isn't really needed. But have you got anything with you right spelling on from UCAS/Uni because I don't know if there would be a problem setting up a student bank account if it is spelt wrong.
Reply 10
Original post by Tahj
and so do i

Stop bickering with people on a forum and trying to be an an hero/internet hardman and go get the friggin phone, dial the bloody number and sort your pissing problem out! :facepalm:

If I was doing an application, I would check it umpteenth times over!
I doubt that your uni/ucas has not sent you any communications since you applied till now. You should have noticed. If you did I bet being the miserable lazy **** you may be........ You would have left it till now! :colonhash:

What I am saying is call the damn uni and GTFO please!
(edited 12 years ago)
Didn't he just ask a simple question? What's with the petty bickering?

I'm sure if you ring your uni up they'll sort it out :smile:
Reply 12
Can we stop the bickering please? Anyone who cannot offer anything constructive will have their post(s) removed. Thank you. :hat2:
Reply 13
Original post by Indifferent
Didn't he just ask a simple question? What's with the petty bickering?

I'm sure if you ring your uni up they'll sort it out :smile:

thank you:smile:
Tell them not us.
Reply 15
Original post by siwelmail
Tell them not us.

'tell them not us' :s im asking for some help or suggestions you troll
Reply 16
lol cant u spell ur name
Original post by Tahj

That is a suggestion, and I second it. It's the only way you can actually know if it'll be a big deal.
Original post by Tahj

I'm not a troll. Well of ****ing course we're gunna tell you to ask them about it, what else do you expect, you're the troll
Phone them :smile:.

They'll tell you to fax over a copy of your passport and the name you'd like to be on your UCAS.

I had a similar issue last year. When I opened my student bank account they needed my name exactly how it is on my passport (double-barrelled, but I've never used it until now), which meant me changing my name on UCAS and university records. Took about 5 days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending