Official: University of Warwick A101 2023 Entry

Previous threads:
2022: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6835076

For general information click:
https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/med/study/ugr

Entry Requirements:
https://warwick.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/courses/medicine/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck! :bl:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey guys, who is applying to Warwick medical school graduate from entry starting in September 2023?

I am and I would like to know how everyone is finding UCAT prep
2700 with 560 for VR. Is it too risky? 😬
Original post by Medic1214

Vr has to be above mean If I’m not mistaken which interim is 577
Original post by Mamerz
Hey guys, who is applying to Warwick medical school graduate from entry starting in September 2023?

I am and I would like to know how everyone is finding UCAT prep

I am applying! UCAT prep didn't go to plan with some health problems but managed 2810, not great but should do for Warwick.

Its just the work experience part that I am hoping I meet the requirements of now. 🤞

I hope your UCAT went well.
Original post by Chi chi5
Vr has to be above mean If I’m not mistaken which interim is 577

Yes that’s correct, but it’s likely that the final mean will come down but not sure by how much. OP do check final scores before applying x
Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR

Its close, it depends what the final average VR score is because it has to be above the average. 2700 has been above the cutoff every year. 🤞 Good luck
Hi guys, I am thinking of considering warwick. Completed 70 hours of volunteering. UCAT 2580, VR 570 (above average). Do you reckon it’s risky to apply?
Reply 9
Their website states "The lowest UCAT score for an applicant with an undergraduate degree who was invited to Selection Centre was 2,660 for 2022 entry, 2,670 for 2021 entry 2,600 for 2020 entry, 2,570 for 2019 entry, 2,650 for 2018 entry." You could see if its different if you have a masters or PhD but otherwise seems unlikely

Original post by jul_12345
Hi guys, I am thinking of considering warwick. Completed 70 hours of volunteering. UCAT 2580, VR 570 (above average). Do you reckon it’s risky to apply?
Reply 10
Happy for thread OP to be changed to me to keep it alive @04MR17 / @StrawberryDreams

Warwick website has said 570 is the VR cut off for this year
Completed 168 hrs of work experience, 2820 band 1 (don’t think they use SJT tho). I’m only being predicted a 2:1 tho. Not sure how much this gonna disadvantage me?
Does anyone know if the 70 hours work experience has to be before the application deadline? I have a 6 month volunteer work lined up but my DBS is taking a while to come through so I wont make the 70 hours by then so don't know if its worth applying? I already have over 70 but just in one workplace so I need another 20
Original post by LaurenSophieJ
Does anyone know if the 70 hours work experience has to be before the application deadline? I have a 6 month volunteer work lined up but my DBS is taking a while to come through so I wont make the 70 hours by then so don't know if its worth applying? I already have over 70 but just in one workplace so I need another 20

Yeh it says on the website it has to be done by 15/10/22 :frown:
Original post by Chadders1300
Yeh it says on the website it has to be done by 15/10/22 :frown:

oh god okay, im looking at pharmacy volunteer work as well but thats taking time even tho its no dbs so fingers crossed can get that sorted by then
Any other Warwick GEM applicant who hasn’t received the emails to upload supportive documents and work experience?
Original post by brasamical
Any other Warwick GEM applicant who hasn’t received the emails to upload supportive documents and work experience?

Mine came through this morning. So perhaps you'll get it today.
Original post by Imogen1443
Mine came through this morning. So perhaps you'll get it today.

Oh thanks for letting me know… haven’t received anything so far.
Reply 19
Original post by brasamical
Oh thanks for letting me know… haven’t received anything so far.

Neither have I. But, I applied last year and the actual form didn't take long to fill out. Even if we have to wait a day I wouldn't worry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending