The Student Room Group

GCSE Drama confusion

Hi, as I'm sure we all know, today is results day for GCSE students. Drama wasone of the subjects I was fairly confident about, yet when I opened the envelope I found out I had got a D. I was really suprised, especially as my final performance had been marked as an E, because in my mock I had been 1 mark from an A*, from a notoriously harsh marking teacher. I was just wondering if anybody had any unusual Drama results, or whther I really did do that badly....Also, do you think I should take it up with the school/ask for a remark???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same with our school, except our written paper, everyone got Ds and Es, I was pleased with my C in comparison, brought my overall grade down to an A. I think if it's a problem with other people in your year, they can remark all the coursework and exams! Good luck!
Reply 2
this happened at our school last year,
people rarely get A*s it turns out O.o
get a remark, probably go up to an A or B :smile:
Reply 3
The entire class of drama at my school got Es in their final performances - some of the students that got the Es were expecting A*s, similar to you. There must have been some sort of error on the exam board's end?

Hopefully it all gets sorted for the drama students!
Reply 4
Which exam board were you with? Edexcel?
Reply 5
If this is AQA Drama then same happened at our school! Out of my whole class only me & a friend got an A, when there were loads of others who were eeaaasily the same ability as us who got really bad grades.
Reply 6
the same with our school (edexcel), people, including me were getting d's and e's for performances, and mainly getting D overall, I was lucky to scrape a C. But it looks like the teachers may appeal.
Reply 7
Original post by dixxxie

Original post by dixxxie
If this is AQA Drama then same happened at our school! Out of my whole class only me & a friend got an A, when there were loads of others who were eeaaasily the same ability as us who got really bad grades.

Yeah, we're on AQA. I got 120/120 for my practical performances, and a C in my written exam, which was very good compared to my friends, who mostly got Ds or Es! That brough my overall grade down to an A. I think they're all being sent off for a remark!
Reply 8
Original post by A.M.B
the same with our school (edexcel), people, including me were getting d's and e's for performances, and mainly getting D overall, I was lucky to scrape a C. But it looks like the teachers may appeal.

That's what happened to us. Could I ask what the moderator you had looked like, lmao, cos maybe it's just her? I think our teachers will appeal too cos it's ridiculous!
I got a B. (75%) for my written paper. I'm quite concerned though with Drama, as I have never heard of anyone ever getting an A* in the final exam for the written paper.
Reply 10
I went into the practical exam with A* coursework which is supposed to be 60% of the final mark and got a C today. My performance cant have been that bad to pull it down so much. The whole class got lower than they expected. Edexcel was the exam board.
Reply 11
Original post by alastairrr
I went into the practical exam with A* coursework which is supposed to be 60% of the final mark and got a C today. My performance cant have been that bad to pull it down so much. The whole class got lower than they expected. Edexcel was the exam board.

Almost the same for me. & I know my performance wasn't that bad. What are you gonna do? I think I'll get a remark.
Reply 12
Original post by destinyx
Almost the same for me. & I know my performance wasn't that bad. What are you gonna do? I think I'll get a remark.

I don't know, might email edexcel.
Reply 13
The same happened with our school and the highest mark was a B (only one person). My teacher had been telling us we were on for getting A's but I got a C, so I would definitely recommend asking for a remark as that is what I am doing when the school get the break down of our marks.
Reply 14
people at my school got a*s / as in coursework and got d and es in the written. it looks like everyone has very very low marks.
Reply 15
Thanks guys, I was with edexcel-might have been something quite big then???
I think i will probably email edexcel/have a word with the school, because I think some people in my class also found this.

Lol, our moderator was some old-ish woman, don't remember much about her except that she seemed a bit bewildered.
Reply 16
Same here, our class was confident in getting good grades and then turned out to get D's in the drama 1 unit :s-smilie:
Original post by blade63
Same here, our class was confident in getting good grades and then turned out to get D's in the drama 1 unit :s-smilie:

Same, around 15 people got D's, there were 4 E's, like 2 C's, and I got a B. I'm not really happy seeing as I was predicted a high A or an A* >_<
when i did my drama exam AQA forgot to put in a question from our set text - so we had to suspend the exam for like an hour, and our headteacher rung them up - they refused to write us a question.

so our exam kept getting suspended while different phone calls were made. it ended up being 3 hours long and of course most people failed the exam. i was predicted an A. i got a C - luckily my coursework was good.

Stupid exam board.
Reply 19
The same thing happened to me. I needed a low A to get an overall A*, I though I was pretty safe, as I usually get higher in practices. I also went into the exam with an A* practical.
However, I cam out with a B, after getting a C in the written.
No idea what happened, as I thought I did okay in the exam tbh!
I only know one person in my year who got an A*, and she got the boundary. This person got 13A*s, so it just shows how clever she is, and she only got the boundary.
All my friends who went in with full marks in the practical came out with As, after we were all predicted A*s!
What are AQA playing at, is what I would like to know, as it seems many people have had these problems too?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending