The Student Room Group

Gcse subject change in February

So back in year 10 I decided I'd pick drama gcse after my dad convinced me over religious studies as my teacher gaslighted my dad into making him think I'd pass with an A*. Now I'm on route to fail drama and have been trying to swap since October to no avail, I understand gcses are important and all but I've been generally considering just skipping my drama classes in protest. But first I want advice
Don't skip - any grade is better than none! Frankly half the battle is believing you can do it and putting the work in. You're there now, you might as well at least work with what you have. Picking up a whole GCSE in under a year is way too difficult, no matter the subject! If you believe you're bad and destined for failure, you'll never give it your all. Please don't throw your opportunity away out of spite; the only person it'll 'hurt' is you, and if the worst comes to the worst, you'll be okay! Drama GCSE isn't the end of the world, and I'm sure you'll do amazingly whatever comes next. If I were you, I'd put your time into that over worrying about swapping, or letting yourself get bitter or annoyed or sad over what happened, because ruminating is never going to help you in life. It only makes us feel worse.

Quick Reply

Latest