The Student Room Group

GCSE PE, DT, or Drama?

What is the content of GCSE PE, DT and Drama curriculum? I don't mean topic names. But what all do we have to do to complete it? I'm confused between the 3 options. Hope to find help from here in order to make the decision.

Thanks in Advance.
Reply 1
Original post by Soann83
What is the content of GCSE PE, DT and Drama curriculum? I don't mean topic names. But what all do we have to do to complete it? I'm confused between the 3 options. Hope to find help from here in order to make the decision.

Thanks in Advance.

Look at the specifications - you can see sample papers and what coursework they involve.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Soann83

Thanks in Advance.

It depends on your examboard, so you would need to check with the school but to summarise:

- PE is mainly theory, so you learn a lot of biology (about the human body), so if you have an interest for science, it's quite nice to do. There are practical lessons too, but I'm not sure if you'd be examined for practical work, so you'd have to look at the syllabus for that
- Drama is super fun, you have both performing and theory work (depends on exam board though). For performing, you develop a performance as a group and perform it in front of the examiner (like devising theatre for example). For theory, you'd have to look at drama terminology (like gait = the way you walk), but that's as far as I know

I didn't explain DT as my school doesn't do it, however I believe it has mostly coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest