The Student Room Group

Manchester Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nash24
Aw thank you I really do hope so, but I'm quite unsure because basically the lady on the phone said there's obvious gaps in my personal statement and I need to call my other choice and let them know of my plans. I was completely confused because I'd read over it sooo many times and so had my friends and teachers and no body mentioned anything about the plans I had written..quite unsure now. Anyways where else have you applied? :smile:

maybe its just them being a bit nit picky? maybe get someone from your school to read it and see what they say?
ive applied to manchester, sheffield, newcastle and leicester. how about you?
So I phoned up again today and they said if you have been successful then you will hear from us within the next 2-3 weeks..
And if you haven't heard anything by then. Ring up again, YAY!
Reply 182
Original post by reaperguy
So I phoned up again today and they said if you have been successful then you will hear from us within the next 2-3 weeks..
And if you haven't heard anything by then. Ring up again, YAY!

"Successful" as in interview invites?
ooo Just got an email asking me to confirm my gap year plans
Original post by tkoki1993
ooo Just got an email asking me to confirm my gap year plans

Oh really, I didn't know admissions people worked on weekends. I'm still waiting on an acknowledgement email from Manchester and two others.
Original post by Normandy114
Oh really, I didn't know admissions people worked on weekends. I'm still waiting on an acknowledgement email from Manchester and two others.

Well i got the email on thursday but just saw it now
When do manchester start handing out interviews /rejections ?
Original post by Sergio Kun Aguero
When do manchester start handing out interviews /rejections ?

I imagine they'll start handing out rejections to those who don't meet the entry requirements whenever, however UKCAT-dependant rejections or interviews will start once they have the UKCAT results, which should be in a couple of weeks time.
Original post by Panda89
"Successful" as in interview invites?

Yes indeedy..
Reply 189
Original post by reaperguy
Yes indeedy..

So the first interview batch will be issued very soon. Looks like they're pretty much just waiting for the UKCAT scores to come in.
Original post by Panda89
So the first interview batch will be issued very soon. Looks like they're pretty much just waiting for the UKCAT scores to come in.

It'll still be a couple of weeks before they start giving out interview invitations, they don't receive the UKCAT scores until early November IIRC.
Reply 191
Original post by Normandy114
It'll still be a couple of weeks before they start giving out interview invitations, they don't receive the UKCAT scores until early November IIRC.

Yup. Last year was 5th November, if I recall correctly. Should be similar this year.
Reply 192
Original post by POWCATTY
maybe its just them being a bit nit picky? maybe get someone from your school to read it and see what they say?
ive applied to manchester, sheffield, newcastle and leicester. how about you?

Oooooh snap-ish! Manchester, Leicester, Durham and Cardiff. Hmm I'm not sure but I'm starting to get quite worried :frown: I'd shown it to quite a few different people and no one mentioned anything about my gap year plans..ah well :s
Reply 193
Original post by Quackers93
Hmmm... I will now sit by the phone and await the same phonecall as I put only a line or two about my gap year whoopsie :tongue:

Aah so I'm not the only one lol..I really didn't think I would need more than a couple of lines on gap year plans. Anyways what do you have planned for this year? I don't know if you feel the same way but I'm starting to feel like I've forgotten everything I'd studied over the past two years and that if I don't start studying something soon I'm going to really fall behind, regardless of what I study next year..eek Are you feeling the same by any chance?
Original post by HeldAtNeedlepoint.
Yes, I'm in Year 13 right now. I've also applied to Sheffield, Leeds and Liverpool. I just want at least one interview! What about you?

Ah how are you finding it? Aah Leicester, Durham and Cardiff. I knooow same here! Im so nervous :s But hopefully it'll be alright :smile:
Original post by Nash24
Aah so I'm not the only one lol..I really didn't think I would need more than a couple of lines on gap year plans. Anyways what do you have planned for this year? I don't know if you feel the same way but I'm starting to feel like I've forgotten everything I'd studied over the past two years and that if I don't start studying something soon I'm going to really fall behind, regardless of what I study next year..eek Are you feeling the same by any chance?

Ah how are you finding it? Aah Leicester, Durham and Cardiff. I knooow same here! Im so nervous :s But hopefully it'll be alright :smile:

Same :/ Have you had an acknowledgement from them yet cause I still haven't :/ Not too much tbh. Going to start working in my little sisters nursery soon, I volunteer in A&E but might swap onto wards cause I'm completely useless and just sit there doing nothing for 3hours :tongue:

And omg yeah! I'm so glad someone else is feels exactly the same way! That was the one thing I was really worried about when I found out I was going to be having a gap year, that my brain would melt :tongue: Don't worry, I've forgotten like everything too :biggrin: It'll mean our brains are more "refreshed" for next year :wink:

and... Cardiff baby! :biggrin:
I'm wondering if 4A*s are enough at GCSE? :confused::redface:
Original post by DingDong!

I certainly hope so. I only have 2 A*s...
Original post by DingDong!

Original post by HeldAtNeedlepoint.
I certainly hope so. I only have 2 A*s...

I also hope so as I only have 3A*s!
Original post by Steerforth

Manchester don't seem to be GCSE crazy. As long as minimum requirements are met and PS and everything else is great, we should still have a good chance. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Steerforth

I only have one :colondollar:

AFAIK, Manchester are one of those universities that as long it's above the entry requirements, then you're fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending