The Student Room Group

Modern Warfare 3 society

Scroll to see replies

How can i record gameplay? thank you
Original post by Tabris
G36C and the ACR.

Honestly prefer the G36C. Seems to be the best weapon so far for putting people down.

The ACR feels a bit trashy, to be honest.

I'd probably say the G36C and the Type 95 are the best I've used so far.

Ah 10 more levels until the G36C, I'll try out the Type 95 this game. Just spent this evening getting ****ed over by my ping.
what is that video camera sign in multiplayer page which is set as "ON"?
Reply 983
Not sure what I think about the game yet, two major dislikes tho.

Really dislike the support killstreak setup. The fact that someone could go 3-50 and get a UAV out of it just makes no sense to me, and you get plenty of awful players getting streaks from it. It's going to end up turning into a ghost-fest again what with all the uavs and adv uavs.

Also not keen on the maps... all very tight and just a bit boring after a while. The only one with any sort of open space is that destroyed highway bit.
Original post by Muppet Science
Can I ask why you don't like the multiplayer?

It's just a bit... lacklustre.

There's no stand out maps. There's no new innovation to hook me in. I have no desire to level up or anything. I was always desperate to level up to get the next perk or gun, I don't feel that this time.

It's not pulling me in like previous games in the series and I think it is because so little has changed. I have COD fatigue, I think :tongue:

Don't read this next bit if you haven't played through the campaign :tongue:

Spoiler

I know it's not meant to be realistic and I wouldn't want it to be but it doesn't feel like you're even in a military setting anymore...
Reply 985
Original post by pinda.college
I still play Black Ops because I frown upon change!

However, one day...one day I will play MW3!

Black Ops is the worst game I have ever played.
First time I traded in a game about a week after getting it.
Pathetic.
I'm a bit disappointed in this new CoD for some reason. They made the killstreaks a bit crappy (no harrier) and made shotguns primary weapons and made them suck ass. I used to love going round raping on MW2 with the spaz. I just don't feel the same excitement for this cod anymore but I think that might be a bit down to the fact I played so much MW2
why is no one telling me how to record gameplay and what is that camera in multiplayer for? :frown:
Reply 988
Original post by Tabris
"I can't come back to any of that, so I'll throw out a random game and call him a fanboy of it"

lol, no.

Bad Company games were terrible. To that end, that's one reason why Battlefield 3 is weaker than Battlefield 2.

I've played and owned every single CoD game since the series began in 2003 and I also played its spiritual predecessor, MoH:AA a lot.

Everything I've said is true. The maps aren't as good as CoD4 or MW2's. Better than Treyarch's, but you could **** on a piece of paper and it'd be a better map. Well, that's more of an opinion, but I personally don't think the maps shine. Weapons do have increased power, as if they had Stopping Power, so there's less emphasis on aiming since you kill with 2-3 bullets at all times.

So before you get on your uppity horse and defend MW3 because you think someone's smearing it, like a fanboy would, think for a second, because they're honest criticisms from my point of view.

Why do you think BF2 is better than BF3. I have both and personally enjoy BF3 more?
Original post by ahmadjan3
why is no one telling me how to record gameplay and what is that camera in multiplayer for? :frown:

The camera that says on is saying that theatre mode is on. To view your recent games go to Vault from the main menu then Theatre, you can record clips up to a minute I think, save them to your online vault then render it.
Reply 990
Original post by ahmadjan3
How can i record gameplay? thank you

Search HD PVR into amazon.
Reply 991
Original post by RobertWhite

Original post by RobertWhite
Why do you think BF2 is better than BF3. I have both and personally enjoy BF3 more?

Because BF3 had a change of pace. As much as I enjoy the fast pacing of Battlefield games when you get into the thick of things, there's nothing like Dragon Valley, Kubra Dam, Op: Clean Sweep, etc. in BF3 so you're either in cluster**** zone or you're on the way from your deployment area.

Most maps are just 2 deployment areas. Medium-long distance. Cluster**** of flags in the centre.

The game is a little bit too easy. I may be better at FPS now than I was then, but I would never have dreamed of having a Win/Loss ratio in BF2 that was above 25.

Things like gunplay, vehicle balance, etc. They're fine, though jets could be tweaked to be slightly better. Largely because it's based off of 2142's mechanics. Deviation could be increased to lower TTKs as killing is way too easy, even at distance.

BF3 is a good game. But it definitely hasn't wowed me as much as BF2 did. It could just be that my standards have changed, but something about it just doesn't keep me coming back for more as BF games 2142 and earlier did.

There are quite a few other things that make it feel less complete as a Battlefield game. But on the whole, it's still decent and enjoyable. Better than Bad Crap anway.
Reply 992
PP90 rapid fire and panic knifes are destroying me at the moment. I've still not played the snow map yet either. :frown:
Reply 993
My PP has rapid fire :sexface:

:getmecoat:

I'm really not enjoying the game. I mean I'm having fun but there's nothing exciting...
The first couple of days I was 1.8 KD, now im 1.5, it seems my aggressive style was good on release day and the couple of days after but as I play more, more players are camping. It is horrible. I haven't found the gun for me yet either.

Finally, there is not one stand out map. They are all gash at best. Treyarch are the superior developers for me.
Reply 995
Original post by original_username

Original post by original_username
The first couple of days I was 1.8 KD, now im 1.5, it seems my aggressive style was good on release day and the couple of days after but as I play more, more players are camping. It is horrible. I haven't found the gun for me yet either.

Finally, there is not one stand out map. They are all gash at best. Treyarch are the superior developers for me.

I'm finding that too.

I was hovering above 3. But now I'm around 2.9. Which is still okay, but I'm too used being in the 3-4 range from MW2 and BlOps now that 2.9 feels like 0.9 or something.

The maps are too cramped. They're using Treyarch's cramped map design and then applying it to even smaller maps which makes it feel really claustrophobic. They really need some more open maps like Afghan, Overgrown, Wasteland. Hell, I'll even admit that Treyarch have some better maps for once and that is saying something since I rate Treyarch's maps below **** on a stick.

Apart from Bakaara, I don't think any of the maps really have any decent, open areas or long stretches where you can get some longshots. For the most part it's corner, corner, corner, bridge, overpass, etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
Bakaraa is awesome we need more maps like that. Also we need more stuff to climb on as half the crap in the game can't be climbed on and just gets in the way....
Reply 997
Original post by Tabris
Because BF3 had a change of pace. As much as I enjoy the fast pacing of Battlefield games when you get into the thick of things, there's nothing like Dragon Valley, Kubra Dam, Op: Clean Sweep, etc. in BF3 so you're either in cluster**** zone or you're on the way from your deployment area.

Most maps are just 2 deployment areas. Medium-long distance. Cluster**** of flags in the centre.

The game is a little bit too easy. I may be better at FPS now than I was then, but I would never have dreamed of having a Win/Loss ratio in BF2 that was above 25.

Things like gunplay, vehicle balance, etc. They're fine, though jets could be tweaked to be slightly better. Largely because it's based off of 2142's mechanics. Deviation could be increased to lower TTKs as killing is way too easy, even at distance.

BF3 is a good game. But it definitely hasn't wowed me as much as BF2 did. It could just be that my standards have changed, but something about it just doesn't keep me coming back for more as BF games 2142 and earlier did.

There are quite a few other things that make it feel less complete as a Battlefield game. But on the whole, it's still decent and enjoyable. Better than Bad Crap anway.

If you have a 25 kill to death ratio then you've definitely improved. I don't have negative one but it's certainly not that high. There are two spawn point, but the idea is you spawn on squad members. Not many people will spawn at the deployment area unless they want a vehicle or are sniping. I agree jets aren't that amazing. When ever I manage to get in one I always get shot down because I don't have flares yet, it's incredibly difficult to shoot down a target without missiles travelling so fast. I guess I'm completely new to battlefield except some beta I played of the first one on PC, so I'm quite enjoying it.
Reply 998
I think they were trying to make it like cod4 by putting small maps in but failed.
I mean, cod4 had plenty of big maps like pipeline, overgrown, bloc, crash etc.

They also don't have any super small maps like shipment/rust which i'm pissed about.
Original post by uxa595
I think they were trying to make it like cod4 by putting small maps in but failed.
I mean, cod4 had plenty of big maps like pipeline, overgrown, bloc, crash etc.

They also don't have any super small maps like shipment/rust which i'm pissed about.

Dome is pretty small, the layout is just all over the shop. There's too many routes on every map if you ask me, which leads to you getting shot from behind constantly.

Quick Reply

Latest