The Student Room Group

History edexcel communism russia and china

hellooo what study methods r u guys using?
are there any resources?
and what do u guys think will come up on this yrs exams
Reply 1
I do Russia but GDR instead of China. I use the Communist States in the 20th Century textbook, it’s really good but kind of pricey! Otherwise the website Hisham’s Revision Blog has good notes for Russia :smile: I also have quizlets- my account is lucye2004 and all are public (they’re not the best though sorry)

As for predictions, I feel like it will be economy under Khrushchev and Brezhnev for Q1, secret police, religion or work and benefits for Q2 and then nationalism for the interpretations question
Hey! How did you find the Paper 1? Also, what are you studying for paper 3? Good luck for your GDR on the 9th!
Original post by mazzystar44
I do Russia but GDR instead of China. I use the Communist States in the 20th Century textbook, it’s really good but kind of pricey! Otherwise the website Hisham’s Revision Blog has good notes for Russia :smile: I also have quizlets- my account is lucye2004 and all are public (they’re not the best though sorry)

As for predictions, I feel like it will be economy under Khrushchev and Brezhnev for Q1, secret police, religion or work and benefits for Q2 and then nationalism for the interpretations question
Reply 3
Original post by Scienceconsumer
Hey! How did you find the Paper 1? Also, what are you studying for paper 3? Good luck for your GDR on the 9th!

I thought paper 1 was actually really good but I think I kind of messed up the interpretation haha! I do British experience of warfare for paper 3
Honestly same haha! We were super lucky with those questions imo.
Original post by mazzystar44
I thought paper 1 was actually really good but I think I kind of messed up the interpretation haha! I do British experience of warfare for paper 3

Quick Reply

Latest