The Student Room Group

Modern Warfare 3 society

Scroll to see replies

They won't fix it.

Black Ops never got fixed. I expect the same here.
I know they won't fix it but if they occasionally implement improvements it may eventually become tolerable.

And the Express playlist in Black Ops was enough of a fix for me.
Reply 1782
My theater mode has aids aswell, can record fine but the clips wont play or render at all just frozen on the last second.
Original post by mau5
My theater mode has aids aswell, can record fine but the clips wont play or render at all just frozen on the last second.

Yep, exactly what happens to me.
Reply 1784
How different is the online from MW2?
Original post by Aj12

The main difference is that the bull**** is replaced with other bull****.
Reply 1786
Original post by AugustWestie
The main difference is that the bull**** is replaced with other bull****.

That bad? Is the campaign really short again?
Reply 1787
MW2 definitely has more bull****. Infinite noobtubes, danger close, scavenger claymores, teleporting panic knifing, overpowered air support, painkiller, last stand.
Reply 1788
Original post by mau5
MW2 definitely has more bull****. Infinite noobtubes, danger close, scavenger claymores, teleporting panic knifing, overpowered air support, painkiller, last stand.

That's all well and good but it's got nothing on Lag compensation which happens to **** you over every single time.
Original post by Aj12

I played it round a friend's house and it appears to be a lot better with the lack of lag than MW3 we frequently play online using the split screen mode. I haven't noticed much lag on Black Ops recently either. I do host quite often on MW3 so I guess I also host a fair bit on Black Ops. Good to see some new users playing MW2 as I thought playing an older game online would leave me with lobbies full of experts and I wouldn't be able to get a kill, but not so. Not sure I'll bother with the campaign unless the story and gameplay is really worth it. I enjoyed the campaign on Gears of War 3 though...
Reply 1790
Is the lag really bad on MW3? I hardly get any :s-smilie:
Reply 1791
Original post by jit987
Is the lag really bad on MW3? I hardly get any :s-smilie:

Same with me. I find MW3 online a significant improvement to MW2. I didn't even realise people complained about it until reading this thread just now :s-smilie:
I've certainly noticed the lag compensation giving off some real dodgy kills, but nothing too crazy. Can't say it's much better or worse than MW2 for connectivity.
Anyone that hasn't noticed lag compensation, you're probably the ones that lag compensation is helping. :tongue: If you're like me and the game decides you meet the criteria for having a good connection, that's when it'll start to piss you off. I'm just sick of dying to people that don't deserve to kill me.
Reply 1794
Anyone that hasn't noticed lag compensation, you're probably the ones that lag compensation is helping. :tongue: If you're like me and the game decides you meet the criteria for having a good connection, that's when it'll start to piss you off. I'm just sick of dying to people that don't deserve to kill me.

Maybe I am falling victim to it without realising. I have noticed a few times when I thought I definitely shot first, the killcam when I get killed showing my killer shooting a second or two before I even shoot? Or sometimes when turning a corner it would be physically impossible to react as quickly as the person who killed me did? Is it the lag compensation? Or am I just crap? :rolleyes:
Original post by Dewsy
Maybe I am falling victim to it without realising. I have noticed a few times when I thought I definitely shot first, the killcam when I get killed showing my killer shooting a second or two before I even shoot? Or sometimes when turning a corner it would be physically impossible to react as quickly as the person who killed me did? Is it the lag compensation? Or am I just crap? :rolleyes:

Those are signs of lag compensation. :tongue: Basically, if you're dying to people without even having a chance to defend yourself, then on the killcam you're in the person's line of sight for a decent period of time, then the game is screwing you over.
i just quit when i am host - i find that unbearable, used to be the opposite in mw2
Reply 1797
Those are signs of lag compensation. :tongue: Basically, if you're dying to people without even having a chance to defend yourself, then on the killcam you're in the person's line of sight for a decent period of time, then the game is screwing you over.

Almost wish I didn't know about it now! Will probably notice it and get annoyed by it a lot more - Ignorance is bliss :wink:
People are saying lag compensation was in BlOps too? I never once noticed it, if I ran in to someone and reacted quicker I won the gun fight. On this pile of turd if I run in to someone when I'm on a 4 bar and their on a 3 bar I will more often than not lose the gun battle. Yesterday it was happening a lot.

How is replacing host advantage with lag compensation solving anything? Bull****.
I've gotta say though, bugs, broken bits and lag compensation aside, Drop Zone has got to be my favourite online game type I've ever played. It's just utter carnage.

Quick Reply

Latest