The Student Room Group

Applying for a Bsc

I'm applying to university this October (details in my signature) and I had a little panic over how high grades are climbing. Durham recently upped their offer so it got me thinking... would there be any point in applying for a Bsc as opposed to a Msci, purely because the standard Bsc is a grade lower? And then if I were to get an offer and exceed the grade requirements, would they let me change to the Msci course once results were in? (I know it's easier to switch from Msci to Bsc.) Yeah, any thoughts? Is this a really bad idea for reasons I've yet to see? Thanks!
Hi
I went to durham and did an Mchem. There are risks involved with doing a Bsc and transferrring but it is possible as my friend did it. The main risk is that your LEA doesnt have to give you funding for the extra year if you change over so you might have to self fund. If you are prepared to take the risk then yes its possible.
Original post by aliasunknown
Hi
I went to durham and did an Mchem. There are risks involved with doing a Bsc and transferrring but it is possible as my friend did it. The main risk is that your LEA doesnt have to give you funding for the extra year if you change over so you might have to self fund. If you are prepared to take the risk then yes its possible.

Thanks for replying.

If I e-mailed the university and asked, and checked their website thoroughly, etc etc... what about transferring over before the course starts? If I exceeded their standard Msci offer, and they had space on the course, would they plausibly allow me to follow the Msci programme?
yeah i think so, im nt too sure when the deadline is for applying for funding rom the LEA, i would check with them although it might say on the durham website
Original post by aliasunknown
yeah i think so, im nt too sure when the deadline is for applying for funding rom the LEA, i would check with them although it might say on the durham website

Okay, I'll have a look. I'll ask my careers advisor when I get back to school as well. Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending