The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
had my interview yesterday (im international)
i was asked
why medicine, why UCL, why doctor but not a nurse
how to manage stress/organise all the things that i have to do (they thought im doing a lot from my ps...); what i would be carrying on doing in UCL
why I chose that question for bmat section 3 (e.g. what interests me about it)
and about my work experience (what ive learnt)

will be assessed on communication skills (?) eye contact attitude confidence

basically quite predictable stuff. but i dont think ive done really well... definitely not confident enough...

GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mastermind311
hey, i would like to ask you some questions because the waiting is killing me.. I have applied for ucl, i have A*A*A*A*AA at A level and 7a*s and 2bs in igcse. my bmat score was 5.7 7.0 and 3.5B. i genuinely believe that i have a strong personal statement and had an interview on Tuesday which was the first date after the holidays.. i think i did well on the interview, i was well prepared although interviews have never been my strong hand. what do you believe?? even a medium appearance in the interview would offer me a place do u believe? i have always been pessimistic and that's why i use the phrase 'medium appearance' although i think i may have done well. plz reply the soonest
thnx
a person boiling from head to toe

There's not much I can say as I wasn't in your interview! (plus I presume you would've already heard by now!)
When I came out of my interview I felt positive and happy, and I presume that rubbed off on the interviewers.
I'm quite a "normal" person. Nothing above average and I think ideas able to show that. Generally if you feel youve done well, you have.
But what do I know!!! Haha good luck x
Original post by withoutwax1111
Got an offer! Really surprised at the speed as I was interviewed this wednesday! Has anyone heard of ucl giving an offer by mistake? I'm kinda paranoid like that.

congrats how did you find out 'bout the offer ? thru track or letter ??
Reply 963
i m scared now, when does UCL stop giving out interviews? and when do they start giving out rejections? i really want an interview but havn't heard anything yet at all. I have 9A*'s 2A and 4A's at AS. I am from a school where no one got an A in any of the sciences. But my BMAT is really low 4.4,4.6,2.5 A. i beleive my PS was good but I don't understand ??? A :confused::eek::eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lilianyan11
congrats how did you find out 'bout the offer ? thru track or letter ??

it was a track update. :smile:
Original post by 768mango
i m scared now, when does UCL stop giving out interviews? and when do they start giving out rejections? i really want an interview but havn't heard anything yet at all. I have 9A*'s 2A and 4A's at AS. I am from a school where no one got an A in any of the sciences. But my BMAT is really low 4.4,4.6,2.5. i beleive my PS was good but I don't understand ??? A :confused::eek::eek:

don't worry! Ucl interview most school leavers in febuary and march and you won't hear untill two weeks before the actual day. And as for the bmat, I got a 4.6 in section 2 too, and some one I met on the interview day got a 2.5 b in his essay. I think with ucl, it really is the whole package that counts. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jooles1
can you just leave the building and go home after your interview?

I couldn't because of a family matter but still got an offer so I don't think you have to stay. It would be a good experience though, if you could attend.
Reply 967
I had my interview on tuesday and still haven't heard, do they inform people with offers first?, or is it just (as it seems) random, I am really starting to worry :/
Do you guys think it was stupid to choose the last date in a choice of interview dates? Like, perhaps they're all already filled up by the time I even have my interview... :s

Probs not, but just feeling a bit down hearing bout other internationals getting offers :frown:
Original post by hslakaal
Do you guys think it was stupid to choose the last date in a choice of interview dates? Like, perhaps they're all already filled up by the time I even have my interview... :s

Probs not, but just feeling a bit down hearing bout other internationals getting offers :frown:

at least you got an interview, and the people who got offers obviously did something to deserve it so stfu and stop complaining

I'll give you my take on your situation as the previous answer was somewhat unhelpful.

UCL never interview you if they don't have any offers left to give. Also, being interviewed earlier doesn't necessarily mean you are more likely to get an offer as they may just as well be less inclined to give offers knowing that there are many more people left to be interviewed.

Try not to think about the fact that others are getting offers as something bad, we are all in this together :smile:
I agree- UCL don't interview unless they are sure they have offers to give out. Yes, they say that they keep interviewing until all their places have gone, but I would imagine for each batch of interviewees they invite (i.e. people with the same choices of dates), they definitely have enough places for the total number they invite. So hslakaal, I don't think it matters, because there will definitely be a potential place for you.
(edited 12 years ago)
my answer wasnt meant to be helpful so go to hell. also i dont care about all the negs, its a free country so i can express my opinion about how annoying people who get interviews and still whine and complain are.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 973
Original post by PENGUINS PENGUINS

i dont care about all the negs, its a free country so i can express my opinion about how annoying people who get interviews and still whine and complain are. So my answer wasnt meant to be helpful so go to hell

It's not like he's complaining about having an interview. This is a bloody stressful process, we end up worrying over the smallest things, and I would imagine more so if we were to apply as international applicants because it's so much more competitive. Suddenly because someone has an interview they have no more worries :rolleyes:
Reply 974
my answer wasnt meant to be helpful so go to hell. also i dont care about all the negs, its a free country so i can express my opinion about how annoying people who get interviews and still whine and complain are.

RRRAAAGGGEEEquit!!! :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
you shouldnt use caps because it may seem like youre shouting and thats against the rules of tsr. whatever rage quit and your stupid smiley icon means. u go to hell too
(edited 12 years ago)
at least you got an interview, and the people who got offers obviously did something to deserve it so stfu and stop complaining

you shouldnt use caps because it may seem like youre shouting and thats against the rules of tsr. whatever rage quit and your stupid smiley icon means. u go to hell too

Thanks for your help. Good luck with your interviews then.
Original post by StockholmBoy
I'll give you my take on your situation as the previous answer was somewhat unhelpful.

UCL never interview you if they don't have any offers left to give. Also, being interviewed earlier doesn't necessarily mean you are more likely to get an offer as they may just as well be less inclined to give offers knowing that there are many more people left to be interviewed.

Try not to think about the fact that others are getting offers as something bad, we are all in this together :smile:

Original post by shuttersopen
I agree- UCL don't interview unless they are sure they have offers to give out. Yes, they say that they keep interviewing until all their places have gone, but I would imagine for each batch of interviewees they invite (i.e. people with the same choices of dates), they definitely have enough places for the total number they invite. So hslakaal, I don't think it matters, because there will definitely be a potential place for you.

Original post by oHellno
It's not like he's complaining about having an interview. This is a bloody stressful process, we end up worrying over the smallest things, and I would imagine more so if we were to apply as international applicants because it's so much more competitive. Suddenly because someone has an interview they have no more worries :rolleyes:

Thanks guys. Sorry. I never mean to boast that I've gotten an interview (on the contrary, if you look back, I try not to ever mention that, considering others' here), but my friend was rejected 2 days after an interview at King's, and just made me wonder whether it was by any means related to his late interview date.

Ah well. Just silly anxiousness I guess.
Thanks guys :smile:

And good luck with ALL your applications! : D
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 978

Ah...okay then. I was merely outlining what I perceived of your opinion (a ragequit is where you are angry about something (rage) and you leave that particular scenario (quit). [search 'ragequit' on youtube, they can be quite entertaining]

The wink was a friendly gesture to indicate that I was ready to accept and forgive your unfriendly demeanour because I know how stressful these times are, and that we are sometimes entitled to think such things....on the inside.

Good luck with your application :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Thanks for your help. Good luck with your interviews then.

i wasnt trying to help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending