The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by shooby_doo
My interview was very short ... they asked me about 5 questions ...

really? maybe they liked u and didnt feel the need to ask much? were the questions asked v.varied?
Reply 1181
Original post by ILikeToEat

Original post by ILikeToEat
Yep mine was... Iffy ;p but such a nice atmosphere, we got told we were allowed to rearrange the tables so made a huge table ring. Just have to wait and see now!

Yeah but then that annoying admissions woman told us to put it back into the rows :L
Original post by Nicola04
really? maybe they liked u and didnt feel the need to ask much? were the questions asked v.varied?

I really doubt it ..
I think i spoke a bit too much and wasted their time ...
So they didnt have time to ask me that many questions :/

It was kinda ... few things about my personal statement , what i enjoyed from my work experience, 1 bmat question (which i flunked) , and the typical what i do outside my academic life ..

No ethics or nothing ... im very worried ..
Reply 1183
I really doubt it ..
I think i spoke a bit too much and wasted their time ...
So they didnt have time to ask me that many questions :/

It was kinda ... few things about my personal statement , what i enjoyed from my work experience, 1 bmat question (which i flunked) , and the typical what i do outside my academic life ..

No ethics or nothing ... im very worried ..

nahh just wait and see.. im sure everyones interview has been really different so don't panic yet!
was there no standard "why med" or "why ucl"? im so nervous for mine got it on the 8th :frown:
Original post by Nicola04
nahh just wait and see.. im sure everyones interview has been really different so don't panic yet!
was there no standard "why med" or "why ucl"? im so nervous for mine got it on the 8th :frown:

Thats why im worried!
I was fully prepped for all those questions and they didnt even ask them ...
Its really stressing me out ...
Im expecting a rejection...

But i do know people who have got those questions so it would be wise to prepare on them
Reply 1185
Thats why im worried!
I was fully prepped for all those questions and they didnt even ask them ...
Its really stressing me out ...
Im expecting a rejection...

But i do know people who have got those questions so it would be wise to prepare on them

Yeye i'm working on them atm thanks..just unsure of how much depth they expect us to go into coz when answering these q's in my other interviews i think i made my answers sound too impersonal..
best of luck to you anyways hope its not a rejection! :smile:
I'm an international and just had my interview on 31st Jan. Still haven't heard from them yet. Sooooo anxious about it. I was super nervous for my interview and forgot whatever I prepped for. Hopefully they'll still give me an offer. Geez it's the third day already. If they were impressed with me, they'd give an offer immediately within the the first two days right?
Original post by joytotheworld
I'm an international and just had my interview on 31st Jan. Still haven't heard from them yet. Sooooo anxious about it. I was super nervous for my interview and forgot whatever I prepped for. Hopefully they'll still give me an offer. Geez it's the third day already. If they were impressed with me, they'd give an offer immediately within the the first two days right?

Offers seem to be coming on ~4th working day.
Rejected.

Interview on 31st for internationals.
Original post by hslakaal
Rejected.

Yup i got rejected too. Interview on 31st for internationals. I think its pretty cruel how they keep our hopes up by assuring us there is a place for us and making us travel 14 hours there for the interview and eventually rejecting us. Ohwell their loss is another uni's gain. I will become a better doctor than they ever thought i'll become.
Yup i got rejected too. Interview on 31st for internationals. I think its pretty cruel how they keep our hopes up by assuring us there is a place for us and making us travel 14 hours there for the interview and eventually rejecting u s. Ohwell their loss is another uni's gain. I will become a better doctor than they ever thought i'll become.

Nice determination, but don't be bitter. It isn't like they give places on how far you've traveled. Besides, you are the one who wanted to goo there, not the other way round.:smile:
Yup i got rejected too. Interview on 31st for internationals. I think its pretty cruel how they keep our hopes up by assuring us there is a place for us and making us travel 14 hours there for the interview and eventually rejecting us. Ohwell their loss is another uni's gain. I will become a better doctor than they ever thought i'll become.

If your intl, bear in mind they don't have that many places for you. I know being interview means there is a place, but the odds *I would suspect* would be much harder for you because of the lack of places and therefore UCL try and attract the best of the best of the interview stage perhaps?
Original post by kingcoltzan
If your intl, bear in mind they don't have that many places for you. I know being interview means there is a place, but the odds *I would suspect* would be much harder for you because of the lack of places and therefore UCL try and attract the best of the best of the interview stage perhaps?

I guess so. I'm a bit confused about them saying that when you're interviewed they already have a place for you because on the day of my interview there was already 10plus candidates. Since there were a total of 5 interview dates for internationals to choose from and assuming that there were about 10 ppl on each day, that would mean abt 50 ppl already. So how can there possibly be enough places to go around? Anw I'm gonna get feedback from them. No complaints though, the interviewers were really nice and friendly. Maybe I didnt impress them enough
Ahhh sorry to hear that guys :frown:
Hope you get into medicine elsewhere!
Reply 1194
Original post by hslakaal
Rejected.

Unlucky man, I was rooting for you. What news on your other choices?

I guess so. I'm a bit confused about them saying that when you're interviewed they already have a place for you because on the day of my interview there was already 10plus candidates. Since there were a total of 5 interview dates for internationals to choose from and assuming that there were about 10 ppl on each day, that would mean abt 50 ppl already. So how can there possibly be enough places to go around? Anw I'm gonna get feedback from them. No complaints though, the interviewers were really nice and friendly. Maybe I didnt impress them enough

I think you may have misunderstood. Getting an interview doesn't guarantee a place, it just means that you won't be interviewed unless there is a place available to you (i.e. there are no dud interviews).

Regardless, I am sorry to hear that and I wish you luck with the rest of your app.

I'm under the impression that there is a place for everyone interviewed even if they do need to take everyone because, by some extreme statistical anomaly, everyone is of sufficient standard. How they limit numbers I think is that they interview in waves (i.e. a january batch then a feb batch etc) until they fill their quota. This quota will be higher than the number of places they plan to finally allocate as some proportion will reject ucl.

Sorry to hear about your rejection though. It's worth finding out what went wrong. Good luck with your other unis.
(edited 12 years ago)
Does any1 know when the last batch of interviews for ucl are given?
Original post by advik

Original post by advik
I'm international, had my interview a 10 days ago and I luckily got an offer. All I can say is that you should be yourself during the interview. Just be honest and speak from the heart. The content of what you say is not that important. I believe that you should just demonstrate your sincere passion for medicine. I hope that helps. Good luck to all of you.

Congrats on your offer! I am an international student, attended the interview and my ucas track said I got a conditional offer. However I can't help but feel paranoid that a mistake may have been made, in case ucl clicked the wrong button or something haha. Did you get an email from ucl after your ucas track was updated? if so, how long after did you receive the email?
Original post by Joanna1810
Congrats on your offer! I am an international student, attended the interview and my ucas track said I got a conditional offer. However I can't help but feel paranoid that a mistake may have been made, in case ucl clicked the wrong button or something haha. Did you get an email from ucl after your ucas track was updated? if so, how long after did you receive the email?

Just print screen and save a copy of ure UCAS track which shows the conditional offer, and save/ print out a copy of the UCAS acceptance letter.

Then if they "change their mind" which I doubt they would, you have proof that you had the offer beforehand.
Original post by kingcoltzan
Just print screen and save a copy of ure UCAS track which shows the conditional offer, and save/ print out a copy of the UCAS acceptance letter.

Then if they "change their mind" which I doubt they would, you have proof that you had the offer beforehand.

Hm, good idea! Will do just that. Though I guess UCL will still have the ultimate last say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending