The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to everyone with interviews still to come! UCL don't interview anybody unless they have a potential place for them, so your chances are good - don't worry about it being late on. My interview was early March and I still made it, as did at least one other person from my interview day that I remember (probably more but I'm crappy with faces). They're changing the curriculum for 2012, they'll probably love it if you talk about that - http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/staff-students/mbbs-new-curriculum/presentations/MBBS-2012-an-overview-feb-2012-v2.pdf (hope that link works for you guys).
Original post by rosettastoned
Good luck to everyone with interviews still to come! UCL don't interview anybody unless they have a potential place for them, so your chances are good - don't worry about it being late on. My interview was early March and I still made it, as did at least one other person from my interview day that I remember (probably more but I'm crappy with faces). They're changing the curriculum for 2012, they'll probably love it if you talk about that - http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicalschool/staff-students/mbbs-new-curriculum/presentations/MBBS-2012-an-overview-feb-2012-v2.pdf (hope that link works for you guys).

Ah thanks i will take a look at the link :smile:
Reply 1582
Original post by Rhiannon3838
Ah mine says around 3:30pm so i might see you there :biggrin:

I got an interview on the 27th aswell. Mines at 3:50 so im just after you!
Original post by miljyot
I got an interview on the 27th aswell. Mines at 3:50 so im just after you!

Congrats dude, can I ask what your BMAT score and GCSE'S were?
Original post by Shadowcake

Lawlz you applying???
Reply 1585

GCSE: 5A* 7A
AS: AAAB
A2 predicted: A* A* A
Bmat: 4.7, 5.5, 2.5A
Reply 1586
Original post by Wannabemedic93
I'm really sorry as well :frown: :mad: How did you feel the interview went? Any other unis you got left to hear from

I thought it went okay at first but the more I think about it the more I realise it was disastrous... my answers were so.. unstructured and incoherent..

Waiting on a post-interview decision from Imperial, and havent heard at all from leeds. *sigh*
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Alex J
I thought it went okay at first but the more I think about it the more I realise it was disastrous... my answers were so.. unstructured and incoherent..

Waiting on a post-interview decision from Imperial, and havent heard at all from leeds. *sigh*

Oh dear... at least you still have imperial :biggrin:. I feel my interview was pretty much the same unstructured and incoherent (funnily enough I used the exact same words when describing it!!) its such a shame because it was just nerves :s-smilie: but haven't heard from them yet , had interview on 8th and they said they would let me know by today.
Interview!!! :smile: after all that waiting:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Original post by instrumentalist
Don't worry; I felt exactly the same with my interview, felt my answers were so bad and lacked so much depth and structure but I still got an offer! UCL really do want to see the good in you and I'm sure that they did! :smile:

You should look at the spoilers lol

Great!! When is it? What time did they send the email?
Great!! When is it? What time did they send the email?

THANK YOU!!!!
27th of March! :smile::smile: i know, I am so relieved!
um around 3:40 today :smile:
THANK YOU!!!!
27th of March! :smile::smile: i know, I am so relieved!
um around 3:40 today :smile:

I am waiting for a post-interview response that's why I asked :biggrin: but ye good luck for the interview from my experience they are so nice and make you at ease so hope it goes well.
Reply 1593

congrats!

what are ur stats btw...im still waiting :frown:

Congrats man!! :biggrin: seems like the last batch must be on the 27th as loads of people are getting it for that date! If you want any tips/anything feel free to PM me :smile:

I am waiting for a post-interview response that's why I asked :biggrin: but ye good luck for the interview from my experience they are so nice and make you at ease so hope it goes well.

I had my interview Thursday (23rd Feb) and found out on the Monday (27th Feb) at 5.03pm, then a couple of other people who I met with Thursday morning interviews found out on Tuesday around 5pm, but apparently some have heard on Tuesday at like 9.45am as well, so don't worry if you don't hear today, it's not a bad sign at all :smile: otherwise best of luck! Hopefully "wannabe" will become actual haha :wink:
Original post by XFire
Congrats man!! :biggrin: seems like the last batch must be on the 27th as loads of people are getting it for that date! If you want any tips/anything feel free to PM me :smile:

I had my interview Thursday (23rd Feb) and found out on the Monday (27th Feb) at 5.03pm, then a couple of other people who I met with Thursday morning interviews found out on Tuesday around 5pm, but apparently some have heard on Tuesday at like 9.45am as well, so don't worry if you don't hear today, it's not a bad sign at all :smile: otherwise best of luck! Hopefully "wannabe" will become actual haha :wink:

Hey thanks for the reassurance really appreciated after my evening of anticipation. Hopefully I will find out tomorrow. Would definitely like to lose the wannabe part lol :wink::wink:
Original post by kashkadi
congrats!

what are ur stats btw...im still waiting :frown:

Thank you :smile:
GCSE: 9A*s 3As
AS: AAAA (Bio, Chem, Maths, Phys)
A2 predictions: A*A*A (i dropped physics)
Good luck! Don't lose hope!
Just firmed my UCL offer... absolutly terrified about having to get the grades now :s-smilie:

Good luck to people who have got interviews the people are really nice just relax!
Original post by XFire

Hey thanks so much for this message ... I will be joining you and all the awesome people at UCL :biggrin: :biggrin: got an offer just now ... so excited :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1599
Original post by atlashands
Just firmed my UCL offer... absolutly terrified about having to get the grades now :s-smilie:

Good luck to people who have got interviews the people are really nice just relax!

Haha I just firmed mine too :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending