University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Bsc Economics and Statistics/ Statistics, Economics and Finance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mathssss
anyone got an interview/openday yet?

Nope! Don't think any responses have been made at all..
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Nope :frown:
Reply 22
Nope, haven't heard anything at all lol.
Reply 23
Original post by dawgnut
There won't be an interview, it is literally an open day to introduce you to ucl and econ&stats lol

best of luck with your application :biggrin:

Just received an invitation to interview/open day from Dr. Pokern! 7th December.. It says he has 'recommended I receive an offer to the faculty tutor'... Does that mean I will probably get one?

Thanks

p.s. As you said, and as the email said, it seems to be an open day rather than interview day. Does this mean I don't need to prepare anything?
Reply 24
Original post by joshgoldman
Just received an invitation to interview/open day from Dr. Pokern! 7th December.. It says he has 'recommended I receive an offer to the faculty tutor'... Does that mean I will probably get one?

Thanks

p.s. As you said, and as the email said, it seems to be an open day rather than interview day. Does this mean I don't need to prepare anything?

Yes, especially if you get it earily such as this stage, it almost means you will get an offer, I don't think I know or heared anyone who attended an open day and was rejected

Yes theres nothing to prepare, unless it actually says it's an interview?

Congratulations!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by dawgnut
Yes, especially if you get it earily such as this stage, it almost means you will get an offer, I don't think I know or heared anyone who attended an open day and was rejected

Congratulations!

Thank you, nope, the email says nothing about an interview, and nor does the day schedule. Looks like there aint any interviewing! :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by dawgnut

Congratulations!

Sorry, one last question! What is dress code for the day? Informal?
Reply 27

Thanks

could u tell me how was ur as result like n ur predicted grade pls? cos im applying to it and except from they emailed me for my ums of maths. i hv heard nth from them yet :frown: im so worried :frown:
Reply 28
3A* 7A gcse. AAAC AS (Averaging over 90% in maths and further). A*A*A predictions. Good luck!

Thanks

So jealous of you right now...do you know if they send out this kind of invitations for EU students?
Congrats joshgoldman ! Hopefully we get offers aswell *cross fingers*
Reply 31
Sorry, one last question! What is dress code for the day? Informal?

Yep informal, just wear jeans with a shirt or something will do fine
Reply 32
is anyone else going to tht open day/visiting day as well? sigh waiting for response is killing me
Reply 33
3A* 7A gcse. AAAC AS (Averaging over 90% in maths and further). A*A*A predictions. Good luck!

thanks for telling me. one more question when did u send ur ucas application off?
Anyone got open day/offer for Economics and Statistics?
Reply 35
Original post by kurmac
thanks for telling me. one more question when did u send ur ucas application off?

Around the 10th October
Reply 36
Original post by freakonomist
So jealous of you right now...do you know if they send out this kind of invitations for EU students?

I'm not too sure really, I wouldn't expect so, as it's just a departmental open day, so I shouldn't think they would require EU applicants to travel especially for it, when it isn't even an interview. I'll swap you your MMORSE offer for this? :biggrin:
Reply 37
I'm not too sure really, I wouldn't expect so, as it's just a departmental open day, so I shouldn't think they would require EU applicants to travel especially for it, when it isn't even an interview. I'll swap you your MMORSE offer for this? :biggrin:

I wish i applied for Stats, Eco and Finance. I'm so annoyed I didn't.
Do you think I would have had a chance with a Accounting and Finance personal statement, although I would say its mainly Economics and Finance?
Reply 38
Original post by Alpha5
I wish i applied for Stats, Eco and Finance. I'm so annoyed I didn't.
Do you think I would have had a chance with a Accounting and Finance personal statement, although I would say its mainly Economics and Finance?

Probably.. Only think against that would be that the main part of the course is stats so they may look for some stats evidence in the PS.
Reply 39
Probably.. Only think against that would be that the main part of the course is stats so they may look for some stats evidence in the PS.

Yeah I know what you mean. I did mention a decent part of mathmatics and applying this to risk managment ect.
But which would you say is better for a career in financial trading (ST) . Accounting and Finance at LSE or UCL Stats, eco, and Finance ? Note that the LSE course is more mathmatical than normal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending