The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Bsc Economics and Statistics/ Statistics, Economics and Finance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by kurmac
If i doesnt receive an invitation for the coming open day, does it mean im gonna be rejected? Do u guys think there are some more open day coming? Im so worried:s-smilie:

C1 - 94%
C2 - 96%
M1 - 85%

Do u guys think my maths result good enough to get in?

Your UMS marks are better that mine and i got an invite so you dont have to worry about them :smile:

there will be more open days so hopefully you will get one!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 121
Original post by manav007
Your UMS marks are better that mine and i got an invite so you dont have to worry about them :smile:

there will be more open days so hopefully you will get one!

thanks for cheering me up
i hv been waiting for LSE n UCL since November
the waiting is driving me crazy
hv been checking email once a minute in college
come on tell me u want me UCL :/
Original post by kurmac
thanks for cheering me up
i hv been waiting for LSE n UCL since November
the waiting is driving me crazy
hv been checking email once a minute in college
come on tell me u want me UCL :/

I had applied to LSE and UCL as well. What course have you applied at LSE?
Reply 123
Original post by neverloggedin
I had applied to LSE and UCL as well. What course have you applied at LSE?

actuarial science u?
my fd has got rejected two weeks ago but i hvnt heard anything yet im so worried i reli want to study in ldn :frown:
Original post by kurmac
actuarial science u?
my fd has got rejected two weeks ago but i hvnt heard anything yet im so worried i reli want to study in ldn :frown:

I had applied for Actuarial Science as well, unfortunately got rejected :frown: But in a way it was good as it paves way for me to go to UCL (as I got an offer) and after attending a shadowing program at LSE, I didn't really like the university as it didn't feel like you were in a university and it felt gloomy (except for the library which was nice!).

Hoping UCL is better and from some reviews, it does seem better. (Will report on 7th March).
My gain 4As in my As exam, my predicted grades for A2 is A*A*AA, what are my chances to receive an offer from this course? can anyone give me an advice? Anybody has received an offer from the course this year?:smile:
I am pretty sure there is 1 more open day. Have you sent your UMS results? Your UMS results are good but your personal statement and reference matters as well.

And have you done Further Maths (as it is highly desirable for this course according to the UCL's website) ?

I have only got an A with 88% in my As math exam.
I also do further mathematics in A2, with a predicted grade A.
Do you think these results are not competitive enough?
Original post by Betty choi
I have only got an A with 88% in my As math exam.
I also do further mathematics in A2, with a predicted grade A.
Do you think these results are not competitive enough?

Well it's good but lots of people have over 80%, so I think personal statement and reference can matter significantly.

You say "As math exam" - is this just one module or averagely spread between e.g. 3 exams?
(edited 12 years ago)
Well it's good but lots of people have over 80%, so I think personal statement and reference can matter significantly.

You say "As math exam" - is this just one module or averagely spread between e.g. 3 exams?

Oh sorry, I made a mistake. I mean the Alevel math,and it is an average spread. Did you received an offer from this course?
Original post by Betty choi
Oh sorry, I made a mistake. I mean the Alevel math,and it is an average spread. Did you received an offer from this course?

Yes I did get an offer. 88% is good but as I said, personal statement and reference could really determine your application. There should be 1 more open day though.
Reply 130
Yes I did get an offer. 88% is good but as I said, personal statement and reference could really determine your application. There should be 1 more open day though.

did u get the invitation for the open day by email or letter or both?
Original post by kurmac
did u get the invitation for the open day by email or letter or both?

Email on the 27th and Letter on the 28th (yesterday)
Reply 132
This is driving me nuts :frown:....
Reply 133
does open day mean you are definitely going to get an offer?
Original post by Mathssss
does open day mean you are definitely going to get an offer?

Yes, unless someone goes wild o.O
Yes I did get an offer. 88% is good but as I said, personal statement and reference could really determine your application.
There should be 1 more open day though.

Thank you so much for your advice, hopefully I can gain an offer from them. :smile:
Reply 136
Does anyone know if there's a dress code for the open day on wednesday? What are the guys going to be wearing?
Original post by Confused101
Does anyone know if there's a dress code for the open day on wednesday? What are the guys going to be wearing?

I'll probably be wearing a shirt with tie (suit is too official and wearing hoodies is just...)
Reply 138
You can wear anything you want. it doesn't matter. i personally wore jeans

and to anyone who went to the open day on the 22nd Feb;

I GOT MY OFFER TODAY!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 139
Original post by manav007
You can wear anything you want. it doesn't matter. i personally wore jeans

and to anyone who went to the open day on the 22nd Feb;

I GOT MY OFFER TODAY!!!! :biggrin:

Jeans and what? There wasn't any interview or any part where they may individually judge you in any way right? Would you advise I take off my ear piercings?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending