The Student Room Group

AS Results :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nymthae

That's what I was thinking.. :/ I guess Im going to give it a try, and literally WORK WORK WORK!!!
Reply 21
Original post by seasons of wither

southampton is a brilliant uni. but if you do decide to carry on instead of retaking a whole year, you have as good a chance as anyone with the same predictions as you, because i dont think many unis apart from the oh so wonderful oxbridge actually care that much about AS :tongue:

Oh that's more of a relief :/ Thank you :smile:

Do you go Southampton, my dear?

I really wanted to get into Oxford Brookes, as their entry requirements are like, real low and it looks like my scene.. I could see myself in there for about 4/5 years of my life..Yehhh.., plus it would be faaaaar away from home so yay.. well moving on from that...

Looking at the choices of Unis up there..Are they like..Good?
Reply 22
I would like to thank everyone for your support, it really has made me think things through properly. So this is my plan:

Go into Year 13, retake some AS modules in January and sh*t myself till March LOL
(Even if I get B's for the re-takes, that's still OK, because then I'd get predicted A's - so happy days)

Do all 5 Alevels, EPQ and Citizenship project (uf) -

ATTEND SCHOOL ON A DAILY BASIS LOL

Do lots of praying, and get into the 'sleep deprivation' mode LOL - joking :smile:

I think Im gonna go now, as I have work in the morning :smile:
- Yeh I work :/

Goodnight everyone :smile:
Reply 23
Thank you my dear :smile:

I mean, Ive already stayed back a year after GCSES (retaking Maths), so really I cant afford to stay back ANOTHER year, so I think Im going to do what Ive posted above :/ and see how it goes :/

Oh right, well good luck with your choices, and I hope you get to be a great Med student :smile:

Yes, I mean, I Googled 'unis with low entry requirements' LOL and these were some of the ones that have come up, and I looked upon their websites, and kind of liked what they were offering...
Ultimately, we need to get into a Uni, ygm?
- Sod Oxbridge, theyre just a name now :/ *But well done to whoever got into either of them (bow down :/ )

But yeh... Thanks sweets :smile:
Reply 24
You seem to have already sorted this out however I would strongly advise that you resit the year, you're gonna have to retake way too many modules to get a decent grade and unless your applying to a CCC university I find it hard to see how your going meet their offer or more importantly pull through A2 year, it really is a big jump from AS.
Reply 25

not a problem, if you can get the predictions this time round then thats even better.

aww thank you :tongue:

yeah exactly, thats the main thing! haha. best of luck to you :smile:

I know, Im soo going to try :/
Its OK :smile:

Aw, same goes :smile: - Hope we stay in touch Med.student to be :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by kidoo

Original post by kidoo
You seem to have already sorted this out however I would strongly advise that you resit the year, you're gonna have to retake way too many modules to get a decent grade and unless your applying to a CCC university I find it hard to see how your going meet their offer or more importantly pull through A2 year, it really is a big jump from AS.

Yeh i kind of did :/ things are going too fast, and I need to keep up with it :/
I'm only retaking... 6 modules :/ (and one of them was solely because Ive put the answer in the wrong booklet question heehee) - so 5 :smile:
- Are there CCC unis? Please give me the list of them, if youve got it :biggrin:
I know, but for my A2, Im already ahead with my studies (done coursework, started EPQ, did all the research tasks, etc.) I guess I have to be extra-organised, and grow an extra brain LOL
Thanks for the advice, however, I cant afford to stay back another year, because I already did right after my GCSES :/
Thanks for the concern anyway - much appreciated :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by imperial maniac
Yeah resit the year, otherwise decent uni's won't look at you.

I got CCDD in AS and after retakes got AAB in A2, bath previously rejected me, the bastards, but tbh I prefer where I'm going now anyway.

Where are you going now? How come they rejected you? lower predicted grades than you actually achieved?
Reply 28
Original post by JakeE10

Original post by JakeE10
Where are you going now? How come they rejected you? lower predicted grades than you actually achieved?

What Uni are you attending now, and what will you be studying? :/
Reply 29
Original post by CintiaMarina
Yeh i kind of did :/ things are going too fast, and I need to keep up with it :/
I'm only retaking... 6 modules :/ (and one of them was solely because Ive put the answer in the wrong booklet question heehee) - so 5 :smile:
- Are there CCC unis? Please give me the list of them, if youve got it :biggrin:
I know, but for my A2, Im already ahead with my studies (done coursework, started EPQ, did all the research tasks, etc.) I guess I have to be extra-organised, and grow an extra brain LOL
Thanks for the advice, however, I cant afford to stay back another year, because I already did right after my GCSES :/
Thanks for the concern anyway - much appreciated :smile:

No problem, I know that London South Bank offer from low entry requirement courses. You could also try a foundation degree - However, find what's best for you...maybe university is not your thing and an apprentiship or other means would be a better option because I don't want to sound harsh but a low-end university degree isnt worth much more than the paper it is printed on :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by kidoo

Original post by kidoo
No problem, I know that London South Bank offer from low entry requirement courses. You could also try a foundation degree - However, find what's best for you...maybe university is not your thing and an apprentiship or other means would be a better option because I don't want to sound harsh but a low-end university degree isnt worth much more than the paper it is printed on :/

Oh no, not London South Bank, but thanks for sharing that :smile: I think Imma stick with my choices :/
No, I wanna get straight into the proper degree :/
What do you mean Uni os not my thing?
Just because I messed my AS due to poor attendance - thats all it was - doesnt mean that Im not Uni material!
I mean, the next best thing to undergraduate study is ALevels, as it allows you to do all the independent learning and everything, also aids you with the practice of essential skill, etc.

I will turn things around and I will get into one of the Unis that Im planning to apply for :smile:

But thanks for the motivation (!)
Reply 31
Original post by kidoo

Original post by kidoo

I know where you are coming from, but Ive looked at unis very carefully, and Im sure that these are quite strong ones, for me (especially Oxford Brookes, who offers a whole bunch of combined subjects to study alongside the one I want to do, and only asking for like BBB, I mean, that is great)!
I know, I know, its just that I'm enjoying sixth form life so much, and the option of going uni not only will help me with studying and preparing myself to the world of work, but also to become 'independent', if you know what I mean?
I know Ive messed up on my AS exams, and I put my hands up for that, but Im trying to look at ways to turn things around for the best,as my goal is University :smile:
But thanks for the support anyway - much appreciated, really :smile:

So tell me, what are you studying, and how are you doing? :smile:
Original post by JakeE10

Yeah my predicted grades are always terrible despite the fact that I nearly always beat them by a mile in the end, that and the fact that getting into uni i basically based on your AS grades meant that Bath rejected me, which is fair enough I suppose since I only had CCDD at the time. I'm going to UEA now which is a lovely uni so I'm pretty pleased with how it went to tbh, but at the same time, the whole system is ridiculous imo.
Original post by CintiaMarina
Not really, my dear. There were modules I took that I got A in, but the second and third papers brought my grades down :/ so what I have to do is to resit the exams i failed in, as the higher grades would always be kept and then added up with my resits, so Im not going to retake the whole year :/
But thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated :/

Ok whatever, just saying resitting all these extra modules on top A2 and you don't think that the workload would be a problem?
Reply 34
Just done my AS resits - and working through my A2s :smile:
Got uni offers, life's going good -

Determination gets you somewhere - that is all.

Quick Reply

Latest