The Student Room Group

Police assessment results taking ages to receive

Hi, I have submitted and completed my college of policing assessment on the 20th of February. However after nearly 3 months of waiting, I have not yet received any updates about my results. I had contacted them and they have just said to play the waiting game and keep on waiting. I am unsure on what to do.

Around a year ago I had applied before and received my results of failing the assessment test within maximum 8 weeks which felt quite fast on receiving them. However I had applied again and done the assessment again and now they aren’t responding back with my results of me either failing or passing. Waiting almost 3 months is quite annoying. Has anyone else had to wait this long for their results from the college of policing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes I finished my assessment the same time as you and still have not received any helpful feedback on when I will receive them.

Out of curiosity what did you fail on the previous time just so I can gauge on what ove done right and wrong
Reply 2
Original post by J1652
Yes I finished my assessment the same time as you and still have not received any helpful feedback on when I will receive them.

Out of curiosity what did you fail on the previous time just so I can gauge on what ove done right and wrong

Well I had failed too before, I didn’t take the assessment seriously. Used a phone for the interview instead of a computer and answered the questions too quickly. Also if you used the information given before the situational based questions begin - you should be good. Make sure to make notes On a paper whilst answering them too.

I have also re applied and re submitted the assessment and have not yet received my results. They have come back to me with “there is no expected time frame” - however when I previously failed I received my results within 1 months time. I’m assuming us 3 waiting 3 months nearly for our results is a good sign that we have passed. (Btw My deadline date was 12th febuary)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Renti
Well I had failed too before, I didn’t take the assessment seriously. Used a phone for the interview instead of a computer and answered the questions too quickly. Also if you used the information given before the situational based questions begin - you should be good. Make sure to make notes On a paper whilst answering them too.

I have also re applied and re submitted the assessment and have not yet received my results. They have come back to me with “there is no expected time frame” - however when I previously failed I received my results within 1 months time. I’m assuming us 3 waiting 3 months nearly for our results is a good sign that we have passed. (Btw My deadline date was 12th febuary)

I'm unsure if I would pass on this attempt, as the first interview on the competency based questions I was all over the place in terms of me moving about on the actually interview but I think I done well on the other 2 tests

Hopefully we will find out soon and be able to progress
Reply 4
Original post by J1652
I'm unsure if I would pass on this attempt, as the first interview on the competency based questions I was all over the place in terms of me moving about on the actually interview but I think I done well on the other 2 tests

Hopefully we will find out soon and be able to progress

Any updates on your results? I’m still waiting for them to reply to this has now become unbelievable. Didn’t expect them to take 4 months to reply, they still haven’t replied I’ve emailed them on various occasions and have received the same copy and paste message:

“At this time we are working to complete the final stages of the marking of your assessment, which have been very slightly delayed, and hope to be able to update you shortly with your results.”

Are they just going to keep people waiting for no reason.
Reply 5
Original post by Arexia
Any updates on your results? I’m still waiting for them to reply to this has now become unbelievable. Didn’t expect them to take 4 months to reply, they still haven’t replied I’ve emailed them on various occasions and have received the same copy and paste message:

“At this time we are working to complete the final stages of the marking of your assessment, which have been very slightly delayed, and hope to be able to update you shortly with your results.”

Are they just going to keep people waiting for no reason.

I am still waiting aswell, I'm nit sure if it will be due to a back log or at this time we are not what they are looking for! I just can't see how something takes so long my self. I am the same as you every time I email I get the same email sent back
Reply 6
Same here, waiting. Anyone getting results back? Some ppl get back in 2-4 weeks i heard.
Reply 7
Original post by MR1506
Same here, waiting. Anyone getting results back? Some ppl get back in 2-4 weeks i heard.

I've got nothing atall, I'm going to email them again today but will just grt the same response as always I think
Reply 8
I called and they said unfortunately results taking long and they can’t give any timeframe.
Reply 9
Let me know if u have received ur results.
Reply 10
Original post by MR1506

I will do, same to you please.surely it can't take to long after all this wait
Reply 11
Original post by MR1506

I had just received my results! I have passed! What about you guys have you received your results yet? The next process is a day 2 roleplay scenario and a medical / fitness test. This is in person so shouldn’t be as nervous as talking to a camera - weirdest **** I’ve ever done haha
Reply 12
That’s wonderful, congratulations. Wen u had ur Day 1? How long u had to wait for results?
Reply 13
Original post by Memz717
I had just received my results! I have passed! What about you guys have you received your results yet? The next process is a day 2 roleplay scenario and a medical / fitness test. This is in person so shouldn’t be as nervous as talking to a camera - weirdest **** I’ve ever done haha

How long was you waiting from ?
Reply 14
Original post by J1652
How long was you waiting from ?

Congratulations by the way aswell mate, and I havnt had them back yet. Hopefully I will do very soon
Reply 15
Original post by MR1506
That’s wonderful, congratulations. Wen u had ur Day 1? How long u had to wait for results?

Thanks! I submitted my results on the 20th February, it took around over 3 months to receive my results.
Reply 16
Original post by J1652
Congratulations by the way aswell mate, and I havnt had them back yet. Hopefully I will do very soon

I’m assuming your results should be coming in very soon. I also am guessing due to them taking longer to review your results you have a high chance of being successful on the online application. Now just waiting for a link to book my day 2 assessment. Day 2 assessments isn’t hard at all, as long as you can score 5.4 in the fitness test which is avg fitness score. Be sure to update me when you receive your results too!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Memz717

Oml congrats!!!!!
Reply 18
Has anyone else recieved there results yet ?
Reply 19
How long has it been taking to get your email for the day 2 assessment ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending