The Student Room Group

Advice? Getting drunk on the cheap?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by That Bearded Man
Funny how people have different thoughts here, rum, vodka, cider, wine

And I mean the tipsy, cheery, happy drunk, not the vomitting, massive hangover, done something I'd regret drunk.

In that case go for slightly less generous measures, more coke and leave a bit of time between each drink cos rum tends to have a delay...
Reply 61
Original post by spex
In terms of alcohol per pound value, cider in a 2L bottle is the way to go. But as for your dignity and self respect...

I can do cheaper... white cider! If you can stomach it, white strike is £1 per litre, and when mixed with blackcurrant juice just tastes like blackcurrant cordial. Or white diamond, the premium option at around £1.30 per litre.

Otherwise go for cheap lager- Kestrel Super at 9% is quite cheap stuff.
Ever try some of your own concoction? :smile:

I've made it 3 times, was highly successful everytime, I highly recommend it. Slightly stronger than your average cider but delicious.
Cheap, crappy wine ftw.
:angry:
Original post by Sabertooth
I've made it 3 times, was highly successful everytime, I highly recommend it. Slightly stronger than your average cider but delicious.

A great idea, but beyond my capabilities I believe. Sounds delicious.
Original post by Wattsy
I can do cheaper... white cider! If you can stomach it, white strike is £1 per litre, and when mixed with blackcurrant juice just tastes like blackcurrant cordial. Or white diamond, the premium option at around £1.30 per litre.

Otherwise go for cheap lager- Kestrel Super at 9% is quite cheap stuff.

Thank you :smile: finally someone who mentions lager as a possibility. There is a hope.
:angry:

A great idea, but beyond my capabilities I believe. Sounds delicious.

It's within the realm of anyone's capabilities:
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Simple-Hard-Cider

Quick Reply

Latest