The Student Room Group

Struggling with driving

Hey guys I’ve recently started my driving lessons . I need to get my driving license soon as I want to become a paramedic and I feel like I’m just not good enough . I’ve only had 4 lessons but the last lesson I had I wasn’t very good at all . Could you issue me so advice on how I can practice driving manual at home . Would help me out great . Thank you if somebody replies.
Original post by appleonly
Hey guys I’ve recently started my driving lessons . I need to get my driving license soon as I want to become a paramedic and I feel like I’m just not good enough . I’ve only had 4 lessons but the last lesson I had I wasn’t very good at all . Could you issue me so advice on how I can practice driving manual at home . Would help me out great . Thank you if somebody replies.

It takes time to learn how to drive, and one bad lesson four lessons in isn't something to worry about. Learning to drive is a skill that is completely different to anything else you have done so it takes time to learn. I would give it some more time before you start practising manual at home as you will probably still be learning the basics.
Reply 2
You can buy a cheap car and get someone who has their license for 2 years and over 25 years so you can get some practice in.

You can also practice in your mind with simulation on how you would drive and change gear.
Reply 3
Original post by Faultybot
You can buy a cheap car and get someone who has their license for 2 years and over 25 years so you can get some practice in.

You can also practice in your mind with simulation on how you would drive and change gear.

Thank you for the advice . I’m currently looking on gumtree for a cheap fiat ☺️
Reply 4
Original post by Faultybot

The person supervising needs to be over 21, have held a full driving licence for at least 3 years, and be qualified to drive the type of vehicle you're driving. See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/supervise-a-learner-driver

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending