The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Normandy114
If you look at last year's stalking page you can tell how many applicants there were, and how ridiculous it was; TSR alone could have filled the quota. I doubt the tuition fee increase will decrease competition that much. The only people it will deter are those who would have gone for deferred entry, and those who decided to accept their 5th choice not reapplying.

that's a fair point. i just hope some way or the other, there are less applicants this year!

also have you got a confirmation email from Keele? i haven't :/
Reply 181
Original post by SylveeDiggs
Omg how long was your notice?

Around ten or so days.
Original post by Kinkerz
Around ten or so days.

And when did your offer come through?
Original post by rumandraisin
If it helps, last years interviews started on Dec 2nd. That was the first day.

Kinkerz had an interview on 13th of November :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 184
And when did your offer come through?

I was a borderline case, so placed on a waiting list. I can't quite remember exactly when; it was after Christmas though.

I'm a third year...

Kinkerz is in third year; i am a first year :tongue:
Original post by Kinkerz
I was a borderline case, so placed on a waiting list. I can't quite remember exactly when; it was after Christmas though.

I'm a third year...

Oh, of course. Sorry. And do you really love it there? More now than you first did or just the same? How much lectures do you have compared to PBLs?
Original post by rumandraisin
Kinkerz is in third year; i am a first year :tongue:

Right okay :tongue: So when did your offer come through? and your interview notice, how many days did they give you before the interview? And how was it? Was it four first choice/only offer etc? and what are your stats like?

SORRY FOR THE AMOUNT OF QUESTIONS:|.
Reply 188
Oh, of course. Sorry. And do you really love it there? More now than you first did or just the same? How much lectures do you have compared to PBLs?

I wouldn't say I feel quite so strongly! I like the university and broadly feel positively about the course (though I've had my moments of doubt at times). I would say that as time has gone on I've grown more fond.

I think in first year there are around 5 one hour lectures per week coupled with a similar amount of time in PBL. In second year there are slightly fewer lectures. Third year so far has been almost entirely seminar-based*, which I've really liked so far.

*In terms of clinical blocks anyway. Every Thursday we go back to the campus-based medical school for a day of basic science teaching ('Keele Spine') where we have more lectures and labs etc.

Right okay :tongue: So when did your offer come through? and your interview notice, how many days did they give you before the interview? And how was it? Was it four first choice/only offer etc? and what are your stats like?

SORRY FOR THE AMOUNT OF QUESTIONS:|.

As I said, I can't remember the actual date. I was a borderline case and consequently placed on a waiting list. My offer came through well after Christmas.

Again, as I've said, about ten days notice. The interview on the whole was OK really. I was made to feel reasonably comfortable and at ease.

It was my only offer and it was my second/third choice (first being Leeds).

My stats are in the Medics and Applicants Profiles thread. And my personal statement is in the example statements list.
Original post by Kinkerz

Thank you for replying (though the second quote was to rumandraisin, check to see :smile: that's why you're answering most of the questions okay)
Anyways thanks for taking your time to reply to me :smile: and thats all sounds good, I think the course will suit my style of learning very much. And how much pressure is put on you at interview would you say?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 190
Thank you for replying (though the second quote was to rumandraisin, check to see :smile: that's why you're answering most of the questions okay)

Ah. I see. My mistake.

Anyways thanks for taking you time to reply to me :smile: and thats all sounds good, I think the course will suit my style of learning very much. And how much pressure is put on you at interview would you say?

Not too much. The ethical scenario can feel as though it's been sprung on you and thus puts pressure on you, but that's only one part of the interview and as long as you're not a total idiot, you'll be able to come up with something reasonable.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kinkerz
Ah. I see. My mistake.

Not too much. The ethical scenario can be feel as though it's been sprung on you and thus puts pressure on you, but that's only one part of the interview and as long as you're not a total idiot, you'll be able to come up with something reasonable.

Ahh okay cool. I REALLY hope I get an interview.
Ahh okay cool. I REALLY hope I get an interview.

Same, Keele is my 1st choice.
Original post by SamHey789
Same, Keele is my 1st choice.

Fingers crossed :rolleyes:
Reply 194
Me three :biggrin:
anyone got a confirmation email? i haven't =S
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
anyone got a confirmation email? i haven't =S

Havn't heard anything from Keele, your not alone.

Do they put interviews on Track or is it only just letters?
Havn't heard anything from Keele, your not alone.

Do they put interviews on Track or is it only just letters?

I think it's letters and possibly emails for interviews, I know they don't go on track. Keele is quite late with dealing with applications IIRC, they're a small medical school so it's understandable.
Original post by Kinkerz
Ah. I see. My mistake.

Not too much. The ethical scenario can feel as though it's been sprung on you and thus puts pressure on you, but that's only one part of the interview and as long as you're not a total idiot, you'll be able to come up with something reasonable.

I shouldn't be asking questions so presumptively, but did you move off the campus in year 2?
Reply 199
I shouldn't be asking questions so presumptively, but did you move off the campus in year 2?

Due to a long story, at the crux of which lies my getting a C in my psychology A-level rather than the B that I needed to hit my offer, I was off campus in year one. Most people stay on campus for yhe first two years and I moved on for second year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending