The Student Room Group
Original post by bax121
3 weeks into SL5x5 now I feel comfortable with all the lifts except rows. How important is rowing each rep from the ground?

Mehdi advises rowing each rep from the ground but he's pretty short so it makes it easier for him I guess at 6ft and with, what I believe are, quite inflexible hamstrings I'm finding it hard to row each rep from the ground.

I've started stretching my hamstrings so hopefully they'll loosen up and it'll be easier to row from the ground but does it really matter that much?

Very. I'm on the program, I couldn't row from ground to chest at first, so I put 2 plates under each end of the bar to create a platform and rowed from that. Next time I did rows I used one plate, time after that was the floor. Now I can row from the floor straight back no problem.
Reply 9981
Original post by Future_Dr
Hi, I am 154lbs 6foot tall, 17 years old. What can I do to get quite ripped in 2 - 3 weeks? Press ups? should I use a handle or just flat hands. obviously I will go gym, but should I use press up handle or just normal, which is better>

[video="youtube;-AuIURhCoAA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AuIURhCoAA[/video]
Original post by rlw31
[video="youtube;-AuIURhCoAA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AuIURhCoAA[/video]

Are you mad!? He's only 17, his body can't handle euro training!!!!!!
Original post by u4m1r
Why the negs

Negged me first :dontknow:
Have they/When will they announce transformation contest winners?
Thread got a little silly on the last page... Anyways, damn how do you crash into a parked car though? That **** is retarded.

Threw me off completely, could have trained in the time i was outside waiting for police, etc
how do i go about adding front squats quite heavy 3-5 reps.

after squats after deads? whole different day?
Tried plyo push-ups.

It really, really, really hurt my triceps. As in I did them and I felt a very achey sort of pain in my triceps. Felt a **** load weaker and it did kind of mess up everything.

Good thing it's deload and it doesn't really matter. But, yes, what the ****?

Original post by Arturo Bandini
hello.

You do them, ever happened?
Original post by redbuthotter
Have they/When will they announce transformation contest winners?

Will depend on MaxiRaw's turn around time I guess.
He's been mentioned itt a while back, thought I would mention him once more.

E. Hulse - the dude knows his shi/t check him out.
Original post by Gallium
how do i go about adding front squats quite heavy 3-5 reps.

after squats after deads? whole different day?

Go for after deads.

I fail at front squats though, do them on my press day and do them at less than half the weight i backsquat and struggle...

Original post by Herr Stamper
Will depend on MaxiRaw's turn around time I guess.

Guessing that means your shortlisting has been done then?
Original post by Motorbiker
Go for after deads.

I fail at front squats though, do them on my press day and do them at less than half the weight i backsquat and struggle...

Guessing that means your shortlisting has been done then?

backs pretty fried after deads, rather not lol

atm i back squat Friday and deadlfit tuesday

recorded myself deadlifting at the gym, forms much better got matt to look at it though, he told me my hips rise to fast and start front squatting.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Tried plyo push-ups.

It really, really, really hurt my triceps. As in I did them and I felt a very achey sort of pain in my triceps. Felt a **** load weaker and it did kind of mess up everything.

Good thing it's deload and it doesn't really matter. But, yes, what the ****?

You do them, ever happened?

Nope afraid not.

just like benching you have to make sure your form is good, not flaring your elbows and stuff. But I dunno why that would hurt your triceps anyway. shoulders/wrists maybe. Dunno mate sorry.
Clapping push ups wreck my shoulders.
Where ur after pics bro? Strong homo.

Original post by cowsforsale
Clapping push ups wreck my shoulders.
ibtl
Found this on misc:
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/categories.asp?cid=199&searchterm=serious%20mass&rdcnt=1

ON Serious mass with £5 for 2 tubs. Misc has made the site slow as **** but you should be able to get through eventually.
Original post by HilariousNinja
Found this on misc:
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/categories.asp?cid=199&searchterm=serious%20mass&rdcnt=1

ON Serious mass with £5 for 2 tubs. Misc has made the site slow as **** but you should be able to get through eventually.

**** buying 10!, hope i don't end up getting charged 329 quid!
Those kinds of things 99.9% of the time don't pan out.

Edit: 10,000th.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Michael XYZ
Those kinds of things 99.9% of the time don't pan out.

surely they are legally obliged to ship the **** out?, I've ran out of protein since yesterday ;(

Latest