The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unientry2012
Hellooooo. Firmed my BBB got AABC, so catch me in the Computer Science / Engineering department :wink:

I have a question!

Now that I know I'm moving to Essex I need to hand in my notice at work. But I don't know when I should say I'm leaving.

Does anyone know when we'll be moving in so I can leave work a week before that? (Just so I've packed and am mentally prepared blabla)

Thanks

P.S.

I'm baffled about applying for accommodation, I have done via the myEssex thing, but they haven't got back to me yet, and the leaflet they sent to my post says something about a 'form', the only 'form' I completed was online. Does anyone already have their accommodation or will it come later?
Move in date is 30th of September.

We should get accommodation offers when our offer becomes unconditional but mine's been unconditional for a week now and still haven't heard anything.:colonhash:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Beebumble
Move in date is 30th of September.

We should get accommodation offers when our offer becomes unconditional but mine's been unconditional for a week now and still haven't heard anything.:colonhash:

Ahh thanks for replying :smile:

It's so late I love it. I also love how much of a breeze this was, that's why I'm slightly nervous at how smooth things are going.

(by a breeze I mean the process of applying... definitely not the exams :s)
Reply 382
Hey I'm in for history, anyone else? :smile: I'm living at home so I'm a little worried about freshers and making new friends :P
Reply 383
Hey :smile: I'm doing sociology. Anyone else? :biggrin:
Hey! I’m still waiting for details on accommodation too.. Worried it was just me.. I’m doing psychology, how about everyone else?..
Just got my accommodation offer but it's an all female flat. :s-smilie: Looking to change.

Anyone else successfully changed their accommodation offer?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 386
Got my accomodation today, Harwich Court. Anyone else get the same?
STILL HAVEN'T GOT MINE!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

*explodes in frustration*
Reply 388
has anyone received any offers for accommodation that chose essex as their insurance...just wondering how long im gonna have to wait, getting quite excited :biggrin:
You won't get offers of accommodation until around the 30th of August if you're Undergrads that held conditional offers :smile:
Reply 390
Got my accommodation offer today. South Courts, Alresford Court. Anyone else there???

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
can you change accom, when i spoke to essex they said you cant?

Just got my accommodation offer but it's an all female flat. :s-smilie: Looking to change.

Anyone else successfully changed their accommodation offer?
Original post by chaniscool
can you change accom, when i spoke to essex they said you cant?

Spoke to them. They looked for me but said there was nothing left that fit my other preferences. Ahh well I'm Slowly coming round to the idea.

Original post by MissD
Got my accommodation offer today. South Courts, Alresford Court. Anyone else there???

Me!!

Is Alresford Court all girls? I've not seen any hint of boys going there.
Reply 393

Me!!

Is Alresford Court all girls? I've not seen any hint of boys going there.

Really??? Nice to meet ya:biggrin:
What subject are you studying?
Also, I think so, I'm staying in an all girls flat/thingy.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MissD
Really??? Nice to meet ya:biggrin:
What subject are you studying?
Also, I think so, I'm staying in an all girls flat/thingy.

:biggrin: I'm studying English Language. How about you?
Reply 395
Studying Economics :smile: Anyone else doing economics?
Going for Genetics, anyone else?
"If you will be living in University provided accommodation you should already have received your letter of allocation, your contract and invoice, which includes payment methods and accommodation charges, travel information, key collection instructions and some general details about the facilities in their rooms."

I don't know where I'll be living...
Original post by Unientry2012
"If you will be living in University provided accommodation you should already have received your letter of allocation, your contract and invoice, which includes payment methods and accommodation charges, travel information, key collection instructions and some general details about the facilities in their rooms."

I don't know where I'll be living...

Did you apply before A level results day?
Did you apply before A level results day?

I applied 26-06-2012 to be exact. You think because it's towers they'll take longer moving everyone around and stuff?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending