The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unientry2012
I applied 26-06-2012 to be exact. You think because it's towers they'll take longer moving everyone around and stuff?

Hmmm don't know if it says everyone should have their accommodation offers and there is nothing in your emails (check your spam) or my Essex give them a call in the morning.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 401
Original post by snailycanflyy
Essex was my insurance, so only applied for accommodation on Friday. On MyEssex I have this..."You have a pending offer of accommodation. View (and accept or reject) this accommodation offer."
but when I click on it there is no offer there :unsure: hoping for South Courts though
can't wait! what're you going to study?

Studying biochemistry, yeah I applied for accomodation on Thursday. Just went on the myessex thing and it says the same thing, but then I click on it and it just lists my details and says my application has been processed :s-smilie: so I'm confused too....I have applied for north towers, heard it was more social, but south courts was my next choice :smile: what are you studying?
Original post by ABCDemily
Got two unconditionals through today. And still been invited for interview for biomed in February! Incredibly excited to actually have offers!

I've just seen you're taking genetics too:tongue:
On the accommodation front, I got mine sorted in July as I was an unconditional student, but accommodation allocations won't be fully published until the 30th of August as far as I'm aware!

I'm in South Towers. By far the cheapest and most sociable, which is pretty awesome :smile:
Reply 404
Original post by snailycanflyy
they're saying on the uni's Twitter page that it means they're halfway through processing the application if that's coming up...so hopefully soon! :biggrin: woah, have fun with that! sounds difficult :') Modern Languages - French, Spanish and hopefully Italian :smile:

Well three languages is really hard, good luck :smile: thanks for letting me know, if anything else useful comes up on twitter let me know please...I really don't understand twitter, confuses the hell out of me haha, hopefully they are sorting it all soon :smile:
Hi guys,
I'm doing Law and Politics :smile:
I'm booking accommodation now.
Which would you say is the most socialable and best-value (not necessarily cheapest) place to stay with an en-suite?
Original post by triumphanttri
Hi guys,
I'm doing Law and Politics :smile:
I'm booking accommodation now.
Which would you say is the most socialable and best-value (not necessarily cheapest) place to stay with an en-suite?

Finally i found a fellow Law and politics student *fist pumps the airs*

i put houses as my first preference and towers as my 2nd AND 3RD

maybe we will end up in the same accomodation:biggrin:
Oh yeah I checked the portal and am having the same problems as the ones above.
I hope our freshers will have good line ups.
I opted for north towers.
... and I got it :smile: WM
About this 250 deposit when does it have to be paid?
Original post by Saliency
About this 250 deposit when does it have to be paid?

Afaik there is no deposit.
Original post by Beebumble
Afaik there is no deposit.

Okay thank you :gthumb:
Reply 412
Does anyone know what the william morris tower is like?
Got Into too north towers: Rayleigh towers, single standard, mixed. does anyone know if i could fit my bass guitar and my PS3 in that room, as I didn't visit it during open day
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Got Into too north towers: Rayleigh towers, single standard, mixed. does anyone know if i could fit my bass guitar and my PS3 in that room, as I didn't visit it during open day

From what I remember the width was like the length of 2 metre ruler and length like 3 and a half.

That may be sooo inaccurate though lol. It was a decent size I remember thinking.
From what I remember the width was like the length of 2 metre ruler and length like 3 and a half.

That may be sooo inaccurate though lol. It was a decent size I remember thinking.

Ok, honestly, if you had a guitar and a game console and small tv, could you fit it all comfortably in that room
Ok, honestly, if you had a guitar and a game console and small tv, could you fit it all comfortably in that room

Yeah I'd reckon. You even have some people bringing in their large flat screen tv's. Just keep an eye on your stuff or insurance / whatever you have planned to protect it.
Yeah I'd reckon. You even have some people bringing in their large flat screen tv's. Just keep an eye on your stuff or insurance / whatever you have planned to protect it.

I read somewhere that endsleigh insurance covered the uni students contents. do we have to pay for insurance or do the uni pay for it?
I read somewhere that endsleigh insurance covered the uni students contents. do we have to pay for insurance or do the uni pay for it?

I think it's around 100 from your own pocket. This should cover the year. I think I remember reading that, double check the website as I'm just another fresher to be honest :smile:
Has anyone been allocated their accommodation yet at Essex? I applied for Biochem there ages ago and did the accommodation form as soon as it was up, not heard anything yet, getting a little worried I might not have anywhere to live in october

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending