The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2012 Applicants

Thread for 2012 Applicants

Hello,

Somewhat early I know but now is the time applications will start being made, and certainly in a few weeks they will being made at an ever increasing frequency. As such I thought I would make this thread and have it stuck so that such applicants have somewhere to chat and such.

There is a separate question thread where current students are willing to help, please don't ask in the chat thread:

Please direct your questions here, if they are not answered in the first post.

Lastly, you can PM me if you would prefer but I can't guarantee a swift response :smile:

Good luck.

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hmm, guess I'm the first. I'll be applying for Psychology in around two weeks time.
(edited 12 years ago)
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by El_Sid
Hmm, guess I'm the first. I'll be applying for Psychology in around two weeks time.

Best of luck :smile:
Reply 3
Went to the university open day today and loved it. Hoping to get an offer to read philosophy. What did people think about it? What courses are you applying for? And just general chat :smile:
Reply 4
i have just come back from there!

i thought it was really good, apart from the north and south tower accomodation...

i will be applying their for American Studies, the four year course, its a plus that there are no fees on the year abroad!

the SU was cool too... and the 50s diner
Reply 5
The towers were awful! Definately applying for the South Courts.
Reply 6
south courts were good...

i went to the quays as well which were really cool, 6 people in a flat with 2 ovens/hobs 3 fridges and 3 freezers
Reply 7
I went today too!:biggrin:

Me and my Mum had lunch in the 50's diner which was yummy and very filling! The SU and Sub Zero looked really nice too.

I like South Courts. Not too keen on towers although all the students were raving about them.:s-smilie: The girl showing us around was saying they take drunk flatmates of your hands which made me LOL a lot.:biggrin:

Really liked it there. Got a few more open days to go to but for now it's my first choice. I'll be applying for English Language and Linguistics. The modules look interesting spoke to one of the lecturers who was nice. Didn't get a chance to go to the subject talk.:frown:

Good luck everyone let's hope we all get offers!
Reply 8
Original post by IceCool
Went to the university open day today and loved it. Hoping to get an offer to read philosophy. What did people think about it? What courses are you applying for? And just general chat :smile:

There is already a thread for this. Please don't remake threads.
Reply 9
Is anyone else having the same problem as me when I say I'm applying to Essex.
Twice now I've had to explain that (to people who know nothing about universities) the University of Essex is a well respected uni and Colchester is nowhere near the likes of Amy Childs.:rolleyes:
Original post by Beebumble
Twice now I've had to explain that (to people who know nothing about universities) the University of Essex is a well respected uni and Colchester is nowhere near the likes of Amy Childs.:rolleyes:

I just told them (if they looked down at me for going to essex) that i liked white stilettos and mini skirts and wanted to go somewhere i would fit in. If they are that small enough minded that they think that TOWIE is a true representation of essex, then nothing will convince them otherwise.
Original post by Bathwiggle
I just told them (if they looked down at me for going to essex) that i liked white stilettos and mini skirts and wanted to go somewhere i would fit in. If they are that small enough minded that they think that TOWIE is a true representation of essex, then nothing will convince them otherwise.

:biggrin: I like that!
Reply 12
Original post by Beebumble

I know I'm superior to everyone anyway (:awesome: :tongue:) so if anyone tried to denigrate my decision I would lol at them and quiz them about the foundations of their opinion in order to expose how facile said foundations are and thus how stupid and/or misinformed they invariably are. You may not be so inclined, so instead just laugh at them and say you happen to like men dressing to pretend to be homosexual and wearing walking boots that don't fit to clubs.

Of course, they could attack your "well respected" assertion with some success but I don't credit many of the university will wavers with the requisite intelligence or even google skills given the amount of stuff on TSR that could be answered with a 10 second search.

You may occasionally see someone come in here to try and launch an attack on Essex university. You generally see them swiftly get owned by me and not reply. Wiggle is my witness :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by paddy__power
You may occasionally see someone come in here to try and launch an attack on Essex university. You generally see them swiftly get owned by me and not reply. Wiggle is my witness :tongue:

Or we just ignore them and carry on chatting as they aren't worth the time...

do i want to make banana bread or chocolate cake...
Reply 14
Or we just ignore them and carry on chatting as they aren't worth the time...

do i want to make banana bread or chocolate cake...

Choc cake, always!
Choc cake, always!

you took too long, i've got the banana bread i the oven... next time it'll be a proper chocolate cake, none of this cocoa powder..
Reply 16
you took too long, i've got the banana bread i the oven... next time it'll be a proper chocolate cake, none of this cocoa powder..

You have ruined everything for everyone. I hope you're proud of yourself.
You have ruined everything for everyone. I hope you're proud of yourself.

it's your fault, you neglected me when i needed the guidance of someone superior!
Reply 18
it's your fault, you neglected me when i needed the guidance of someone superior!

I know, I bear responsibility here and forever for your failures :moon:
I know, I bear responsibility here and forever for your failures :moon:

good!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending