The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
wouldnt you have to put an address though and if your stilla t home you cant put that can you because of parents and their income
Reply 21
In all seriousness, my parents earn 50,000 - my boyfriend only 12,000. If I civil partnershipped him, do you reckon I'd get a much increased loan?

Yep, 12,000 is below the 'low income' band so you'd get full loan, full grant and extra funding from you individual uni!

Did you, or anyone you know, marry a friend or even stranger for financial gain when it came to university loans.

Yep I know someone who did it last year, they were already going out/living together and now they both get full loan/grant/fees paid (lucky buggers!).

With top up fees I think people are gonna be use this loop hole more and more, just make sure its someone you can stand to be linked to for the rest of your life (they will always be your first wife/husband) and when you get married properly you don't mind been a divorcee!!
I don't think I'd do it - as other people have said, the novelty would wear off, plus I'd have to put my marital status as married when applying for internships, jobs, etc and I think it's be a little inconvenient.
Reply 23
But might they not be impressed by you actually taking the iniative during university to lower your cost by simply getting married - finance would love you for sure
Reply 24
pratikv
I don't think I'd do it - as other people have said, the novelty would wear off, plus I'd have to put my marital status as married when applying for internships, jobs, etc and I think it's be a little inconvenient.
lol wouldnt you jsut get it annuled once you start uni, unless u want to consumate it :wink:
mtbab
lol wouldnt you jsut get it annuled once you start uni, unless u want to consumate it :wink:

Surely you mean once I finish Uni, right?
Reply 26
pratikv
Surely you mean once I finish Uni, right?
yeh i spose but they wont assess the finances each yr will they, it depends if they do, if they jsut do it in the first yr and leave it at that every yr then theres no need to stay married if they assess it each yr then stay married until start of final yr i'd presume becuase they wont know uve got divorced after then once theyve given you the money.
KayBee
just make sure its someone you can stand to be linked to for the rest of your life (they will always be your first wife/husband) and when you get married properly you don't mind been a divorcee!!
if you have it annulled (through lack of consumation) legally it will be as if you've never married, you won't be a divorcee
Reply 28
it would be hard for them to believe that after a few yrs you havent yet consumated it and then when they realise you did it why you did it, it could lead to all sorts lol
Reply 29
^^^I was thinking that!

Plus you would have to be very careful you didn't accidentally get your wifey preggers! That would be hard to explain in an unconsumated realtionship!

Latest

Trending

Trending