The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
seems like the emails are filtering through bit by bit.
Dont anyone give up yet, there is still loads of time for everyone to get an answer.
I still havent heard, keep checking my inbox !
Easy, folks. There is probably just one person who types and sends off every single email individually...just imagine. :-)
I'm expecting a dance place but haven't heard yet. Mine was a massively hard commercial/jazz routine; not worried yet but fingers crossed!
Feeling the nerves.... Good luck to everyone!
SCORES ON THE DOORS (so far) then:-

Dancers = 6 (at least!)
Actors = 0
Drummers = 0
General = 0
Ballet Pointe = 0

Good luck everyone who has still to hear (including myself btw!)

Looks like our wait may finally be over but what a day to do this, Friday 13th !!!!!!!!!
This sounds so interesting but I have no idea about it. Are you actors, dancers, singers? What do you get do if they select you?
Do you get to meet Danny Boyle?
Original post by MissBlueskys
This sounds so interesting but I have no idea about it. Are you actors, dancers, singers? What do you get do if they select you?
Do you get to meet Danny Boyle?

We all applied in summer last year to be a volunteer performer, they need about 10,000 or so. They were looking for all sorts of people, not just people that considered themselves as being able to act/dance etc, but people from all walks of life. Exciting stuff! But I have a feeling that most people shouldn't be worried about actually getting in, as they need so many people, it's just the wonder of what you'll actually be doing as it's so diverse.
Still nothing for me or my daughter. We are beginning to lose hope.
Looks like a trip to the travel agents to book that summer holiday??

EG
Reply 388
Still nothing here...
Reply 389
Did you apply for dance? Even if you did I really wouldn't worry yet as they'll probably be putting you somewhere else...Or they haven't allocated all the dance spaces yet. Hang in there!
Reply 390
Dancing here too! Lots of rehersals but will be fun! I had the hip hop dance recall aswell. I called them yesterday and they said that they had set all the emails to send but from an IT point of few may take a number of days. They are doing section by section he said. Everyone will hear either way. When I spoke to them before they told me that people will be put into the section they think best suits. Good luck everyone!
Reply 391
What's the next step? Is there a deadline by which you have to accept the place?
Reply 392
Also they say rehearsals are once a week until June then three times a week. Do they give specific days? Would be nice to be able to book a short holiday if I get in...
Reply 393
I auditioned to be a dancer in the closing ceremony but was awful so am not expecting to get a part as that. When we'd finished they did give the impression that we would get something even if it wasn't what we auditioned for as they need so many people

Haven't heard anything yet
Reply 394
Original post by emjay1970
Also they say rehearsals are once a week until June then three times a week. Do they give specific days? Would be nice to be able to book a short holiday if I get in...

Yes there is a schedule of dates and times - though does say may be subject to change. You have until 31st to confirm if you want to take part.
Reply 395
Thanks for that. I reckon May would be the best chance to get away then. For 6 days :wink:
Hey everyone! Well done and congratulations to those who have already found out!

I was in the dance audition but havent heard back yet. Kinda giving up home about it now :frown:

So....so far only a few ppl have found out that they r thru to be dancers in the opening ceremony... has any1 found out if they are dancers for the closing ceremony? Or has any1 been told they are not through?

I sooo badly want this. i really do hope we all hear soon. the suspense is killing me! lol xxx
Reply 397
If they're looking for another 8000 to audition, that would suggest that they've only filled half of the current 10,000 spaces since they were looking for 15,000 to start with.

I was at the hip hop audition which I did not shine at since I'd never done anything dancey before. At our one, they didn't take pics of the full group and there was no mention of finding something else if you didn't get in as a dancer. I left pretty much sure my Olympic dream was over; some of the comments here have revived my hopes slightly but still no email.

I'd guess that the initial 'winners' will get their chance to accept (by 31st) by which point we'll be at 8-9 weeks out from the second auditions. Some of us are likely on a reserve list and they'll wait to see who doesn't commit before emailing those people. And as others have said, it seems that everyone so far is a dancer so perhaps more 'first choice' mails for other roles will go out on Monday. I do seem to recall them saying that there were various sub-directors for different parts of it so perhaps it's just that section 49's was ready to go out and the others are still finalising. I suspect the unsuccessful will be the last to hear - simply because it makes sense to keep your options open until you've got the roles filled, just in case you do need to call on them.

Fingers crossed that a 'win' will still ping into my inbox in the next few days... and into many of yours!
I've got one on Feb 17th. No idea what to expect I'm not a dancer or anything. I guess I'll just hit the gym between now and then and maybe work on flexibility doing Yoga or something. I don't fancy my chances and besides my schedule's alreayd packed out with exams and then working at the Games between April and September but I'll take my chances.
Reply 399
So looks like those of us who've had recalls will find out tomorrow and over the next few days. I've now been waiting 9 weeks!! I honestly think the vast majority of us will get something.... Good luck everyone!

Latest