The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by cornishscot
Me neither ! - what does it all mean though (if anything)?

Not sure about the 'Fully Cast' email, but I'm sure somewhere in the depths of this thread someone checked, and were told that not all Olympic reserves automatically recived invites to the Paras. I'm sure that those who have not received either email must be officially part of the Olympic Reserve list, and they don't want you jumping ship, i.e. you a good chance of being called up.
Reply 3981
Welcome back Essex Girl, hope your your back gets sorted - sure it will.

Big hello to all newbies.

Hugs to all those with aches and pains (and lergy).

Good luck to all with auditions to come, auditions that have been and those on the reserve list still waiting to hear.

Looking forward to get together in March.

XXXX
Reply 3982
My bizarre fascination with the audition process continues, indeed I read almost the entire thread last night and was particularly excited to read 12th Feb when Kit-Yan and others got their final, mysterious, exciting offers!

To continue the pointless speculation, do we have any evidence from the first round of recalls that this second audition is directly linked to the ceremony or segment that you were offered? For example, given the Madness/Blur content of my recall and the fact that the theme of the closing ceremony is Best of British Music, does that mean that if I get through I'm likely to be in that ceremony? Or is it still some unpredicable pattern? (My logic is made more difficult since the only posters on here who had a similar recall were both reserves.)

I know that none of us have any way of knowing, but I like to speculate nonetheless! Perhaps Flakeydom's stats might give us a steer.
Reply 3983
Original post by Concord
My bizarre fascination with the audition process continues, indeed I read almost the entire thread last night and was particularly excited to read 12th Feb when Kit-Yan and others got their final, mysterious, exciting offers!

To continue the pointless speculation, do we have any evidence from the first round of recalls that this second audition is directly linked to the ceremony or segment that you were offered? For example, given the Madness/Blur content of my recall and the fact that the theme of the closing ceremony is Best of British Music, does that mean that if I get through I'm likely to be in that ceremony? Or is it still some unpredicable pattern? (My logic is made more difficult since the only posters on here who had a similar recall were both reserves.)

I know that none of us have any way of knowing, but I like to speculate nonetheless! Perhaps Flakeydom's stats might give us a steer.

When I did that recall we were told specifically we were auditioning to be in the Closing ceremony.
Reply 3984
Yes, that would make sense - the casting team on Tuesday were the same as in the Kim Gavin video that featured some who were placed in 63A. Hmm.
Reply 3985
Original post by RocKeRG
Not sure about the 'Fully Cast' email.

I'd assume that email is a simple way of telling people "please go away, we're busy, and think we probably have all we need." You need simple, blunt messages like that in such complicated siutuations. Doesn't stop them fiddle around with the numbers and individuals they've already got on their lists.

And, as for the closing ceremony, I doubt Blur will be in it given that they're playing their Hyde Park concert that night (not that they couldn't scoot between the two - I remember Muse playing for Children In Need at the Albert Hall, before heading over to the O2 for their headliner gig back in 2009).

However, if I was the organisers and had been considering Blur, I'd be quietly dropping the idea after seeing their BRITS performance on Tuesday...
Original post by cinnamon
If you are a reserve and want to audition fo rthe paras, phone the casting team and ask for an audition, they can only say no, but they just may say yes.
good luck

you are so right. Nothing ventured.....:smile:
Original post by Concord

At my november recall, which was hip hop based, they introduced the top hip hop choreographer who would be overseeing the section in the ceremonies, so it was pretty clear it was for some sort of hip hop segment ultimately. They didn't say at the time if it was for opening or closing ceremonies but Danny Boyle came in at the end, and I asked one of the helpers if it was for the opening ceremony and she just smiled knowingly. They used a Maroon 5 track for the recall but I think we'll be dancing to something very cool specially composed by Underworld.

I wouldn't place too much importance on Madness / Blur pointing to the closing ceremony - there's likely to be a lot of British music in the opening ceremony too. And I'm not expecting Maroon 5 to turn up in the opening ceremony so they might have just chosen some suitable music for the type of dancing they were looking for.
Reply 3988
Original post by w11lina

For those of you in the closing have you seen the latest ceremony update from LOCOG?
http://www.london2012.com/news/2012/02/olympic-closing-ceremony-to-be-a-symphony-of-british-mus.php
Focus on the music - sounds great!

Hello everyone, I haven't posted for a while. But I'm really looking forward for meeting up with everyone on the 31st.
I saw a piece about the closing ceremony on the BBC LOndon news today. From what they said it sounded like there won't be any dancing during the 'british music celebration' but rather it'll be like a concert.

ANyway, fellow section 41ers, we're in for a treat!!!
2 42RAFIKI So jealous you get to see Tom Daley! I went on a tour of the site for years go mark and its been wonderful subsequent visits it change.

Oh it was an amazing morning - breathtaking venue, scary diving (it was quite stressful watching them), great atmosphere, and then seeing both Tom Daley and Jonathan Edwards outside afterwards. The Park is lovely: roll on July! Thank you Pinnerite for your very helpful advice.
Reply 3990
Original post by LauraN1
Hello everyone, I haven't posted for a while. But I'm really looking forward for meeting up with everyone on the 31st.
I saw a piece about the closing ceremony on the BBC LOndon news today. From what they said it sounded like there won't be any dancing during the 'british music celebration' but rather it'll be like a concert.

aren't we just!!!! :smile:
Original post by LauraN1
From what they said it sounded like there won't be any dancing during the 'british music celebration' but rather it'll be like a concert.

Yes, I think it says 3,500 adult volunteers and a fair proportion of them will be marshalling athletes I'm guessing if there are 10,000 athletes expected to attend! Plus 41A with the audience... hmmm, like a concert? So we'll be cueing them to hold lighters in the air :wink:
Reply 3992
Original post by Flakeydom
Plus 41A with the audience... hmmm, like a concert? So we'll be cueing them to hold lighters in the air :wink:

And guiding them in singing and clapping along. "We will, we will, ROCK YOU":rock:
Reply 3993
Original post by Maid.Marian
I replied saying I already had a date and had a nice friendly answer. Regarding your niece, I expect that there are still roles but they are expecting to fill them from the late auditions. Really looking forward to Friday.

Good luck for tommorrow to you Maid Marian and to Eve too.
SMILE SMILE SMILE!!
Reply 3994
Hi all,

Just got home from my paralympic recall. It was great fun yet again but I have a stinking cold so not feeling quite as euphoric as last time! It was a lot of dancing, mixed abilities but they certainly put us through our paces! It wasn't easy by any means, but much fun and full. They said we will hear back within three weeks whether it is yay or nay. They said they are still looking for people so anyone wondering whether or not they should ask if they can audition for the paras may as well give it a shot.
No clues as to what we were actually auditioning for or what the ceremonies will involve.
Original post by cinnamon
Good luck for tommorrow to you Maid Marian and to Eve too.
SMILE SMILE SMILE!!

Yes good luck Maid Marian and Eve and I look forward very much to the 31st! And remember :smile::smile::smile:
Original post by hutsulka
Hi all,

Just got home from my paralympic recall. It was great fun yet again but I have a stinking cold so not feeling quite as euphoric as last time! It was a lot of dancing, mixed abilities but they certainly put us through our paces! It wasn't easy by any means, but much fun and full. They said we will hear back within three weeks whether it is yay or nay. They said they are still looking for people so anyone wondering whether or not they should ask if they can audition for the paras may as well give it a shot.
No clues as to what we were actually auditioning for or what the ceremonies will involve.

Thanks for insight. :smile: I guess they are looking for various roles from one para audition. Good luck
Reply 3997
Wow amazing 200 pages and over 4000 posts.
I also had a recall this afternoon and it certainly stepped up a gear lots of dancing . I too had a streaming cold and the whole thing was a blur . I am certain I won't be offered a dancing role but hope lots of enthusiastic bouncing around and smiling may make up for having two left feet. at one point I was doing a completely different set of movements to the majority of the hall !!!!!....if you were at the back you couldnt see and you ended up watching the person in front you . it was like a form of Chinese whispers in movement!!
I had a super time and it was great chatting to people some of whom I met at the first audition . I don't recall how long we have to wait but I'm trying to forget about( easier said than done ) we were the first Para audition so our wait will be the longest of this cohort.
Just viewed the BBC London News on IPlayer and the feature on the Closing Ceremonies most definitely mentioned music from the London Symphony Orchestra that will be playing different styles of music as well as live bands and dancers.

Reading from past posts on this Forum as to the types of recalls that many of us did, it's all starting to make sense now.......

Latest