The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Its been a long weekend waiting for an email that never came!
Heres hoping that no news is good news!
Good luck to all of us still waiting.
Reply 401
I really hope we do hear soon! Like alot of you on here its been a long week checking the inbox and and an even longer weekend knowing others had heard. Still really excited at the thought of possibly being part of it all! Best of luck to everyone, im sure you will have all done really well!
Reply 402
Still nothing for any drummers then? I still laugh to this day about the girl in my audition who considered herself to be a intermidiate drummer and held her sticks the wrong way round!!! =] You had to be there to see it!!!!!!!

I check everyday, hopefully it'll arrive whilst i'm at work... Which i need to get to.. I'm late!
Original post by JessykarH

Original post by JessykarH
Still nothing for any drummers then? I still laugh to this day about the girl in my audition who considered herself to be a intermidiate drummer and held her sticks the wrong way round!!! =] You had to be there to see it!!!!!!!

I check everyday, hopefully it'll arrive whilst i'm at work... Which i need to get to.. I'm late!

They got me auditioning for drummer too and still waiting!! Omg lool really, the wrong way round? haha aww bless.
has anyone else heard anything yet? x
Reply 405
Original post by happyending
has anyone else heard anything yet? x

No still waiting!
Reply 406
Nothing for me yet
Just got my email. In as a dancer at the opening ceremony, I did the hip hop audition. So excited.

Do you think we're all going to get tracked down and get our knuckles rapped since we're not meant to be saying anything at all apparently?: http://mashable.com/2012/01/11/london-2012-olympic-facebook-twitter
Reply 408
Any general performers still waiting? I did a general performer audition, I've not heard yet.
Reply 409
Reckon we'll have to sign something...but until then..!!!

Still waiting- but looks like we're still on the dancers.
Reply 410
YAY! YAY! YAY! I have just been offered a place too. Part of 51-GROUP C. I went for drumming for my second audition....am so so so pleased. Good luck to everyone else, hope all your Olympic dreams come true too. xxx
Reply 411
Are you drumming or dancing? Well done!!!
Looks like we've finally got a drummer accepted on here - going to be a bit lonely though if they don't tell some of the rest of us on here who did the drumming audition soon whether or not we are required as that or general performers (or even not at all). Still nothing in my Inbox either btw - have checked a few times this morning again. Should really be using the time looking for paid work but until I know about this I am kind of in a catch 22 re. commitment to a new employer really - sad but true!
So Segment 49 appears to be dance and Segment 51 appears to be drumming (with sub-divisions groups under those headers) - is that right?
Reply 414
Feel like I'm waiting for my baggage at the airport hoping I don't miss the past train..
Reply 415
Well i did my second audition in ballet/pointe. I had 3 other friends who did the same and only one of them has heard back - she will be dancing in the opening ceremony (group 49).

However, Kim Gavin was auditioning us and he is the director for the closing ceremony, so I'm thinking (and hoping!) that we will still hear good news!
Reply 416
I'm in!!! Just got email- group 44- Character/ movement and Utility role...start rehearsals 1st May. Whoop!!
Drumming/Marshalling it is.
Reply 418
I'm in - group 51-A (movement/marshalling and "a proportion of drumming skills in one ceremony"). It clearly states that the role is for BOTH the opening and closing ceremonies - so a long rehearsal list!
Original post by GunnerJay
I'm in - group 51-A (movement/marshalling and "a proportion of drumming skills in one ceremony"). It clearly states that the role is for BOTH the opening and closing ceremonies - so a long rehearsal list!

Wow that sounds a bit like they couldn't quite make up their minds about you !

Latest