The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have tried several times today to accept offer via the link and it keeps telling me the website communications have crashed. Will try again later/tomorrow and then ring or email if we get no joy.DD is so happy - she won the regional final of the biggest schools public speaking comp in the country on Tuesday and was "best speaker",now represents the south east of england in the national final - she's had quite a week! ;-)
Just a thought that there are some email clients and web mail sites that disable links in emails for safety. It might be that there is a setting to make them work that you need to change for it to work?
Original post by Pinnerite
No you need to be able to click that link and if it does not work you need to phone the cast coordinator today on 02012402040. There has been a case in the past - see Tylergardener- where the guy forgot to click the accept buttion and just sent off the forms and he was then put on the reserve list - all resurrected in the end but after that we made sure everyone knew the importance of accepting via the button to the extent that we were advising people to click the button twice, the second click bringing up the message that you had already accepted.

im having the same probs, iv just phoned the number and just an answer phone, hmmmmm what to do next?
Original post by Martelldance
im having the same probs, iv just phoned the number and just an answer phone, hmmmmm what to do next?

Keep trying the number but I think people often found that there was an answer phone on in the afternoons but had more chance of speaking to a live voice in the mornings. Not sure if the phone no. will be operating at the weekend but if not try Monday morning. Meanwhile send off the forms - several of us emailed and sent off the forms by recorded delivery to cover ourselves but you need to be able to accept via the button as well. At least it is a general problem so I am sure it will be sorted soon. Good luck!

And further congrats to Tinydancer tdm! Sounds like you have a talented one there !
(edited 12 years ago)
For the round of acceptances from the auditions last year, did people hear they would be on the reserve list about the same time as people were also being told they were being offered a place?

As I've not heard yet, just wondering if that means anything as a round of offers seem to have gone out this week - i.e. do they send out offers, make sure they're all accepted and then send out emails to the rest of us waiting with a thanks but no thanks?
Reply 5225
Original post by studiosonic
For the round of acceptances from the auditions last year, did people hear they would be on the reserve list about the same time as people were also being told they were being offered a place?

As I've not heard yet, just wondering if that means anything as a round of offers seem to have gone out this week - i.e. do they send out offers, make sure they're all accepted and then send out emails to the rest of us waiting with a thanks but no thanks?

there is no obvious pattern as several people were put on reserve before I eventually found out I had an offer, so try to relax and try hard not to work out a system as clearly its fairly random dependant on which section is being cast. Good luck, I found out on a Friday at 6.10pm...so here's hoping.......:goodluck:
Reply 5226
Original post by studiosonic

I am a reserve from the November auditions, and I heard approximately the same time as the people who got cast offers.
Although some people never got their Reserve email, due to a system glitch!
The offers came through at all times of day and night so its just a case of keep checking your emails. Hope this helps.
I am sure Flakeydom with the amazing spreadsheet will be able to cast more info on this!!
good luck.
Thanks for the info guys! :bl:
Not entirely sure how much more light I can shed on it.

Last time round, each segment did seem to come out quite distinctly - the 49ers and 44ers in the first week and then a batch of reserves, then closing ceremony segments and more reserves, then (from memory since no access to the spreadsheet here) the 47ers and more reserves. The only group that didn't have reserves on the following day were the 41ers although it was just afterwards that some reserves went astray. There was a theory then that you may be a reserve for a particular segment.

This time we have only had a few decisions and no reserves. We had about a 60% success rate last time whereas this time it is only at 20%. Not sure if that reflects that there is lots still to cast or that Olympic opportunities were scarce.

I don't think any of us thought in Jan that no reserve would be called up yet. It is beginning to feel, sad to say, that the reserve status may be a sneaky way to keep people onside just in case rather than giving an outright no. I greatly hope that this isn't the case though and that we do start to get some reserve promotions soon.
Hi gang,

Just a reminder: Tomorrow's meeting details are at
http://doodle.com/tew5r3a4iu762xtq

Please bring/wear something pink (even if just a name badge) to identify yourself.
Weather looks fine now, so we'll most likely stick to Plan A.
What was plan a? I was intending to be at Olympic viewing area in JL at 2, wearing pink. Or has it changed? it'll be fun to see what everyone looks like after all this time and if we can see any patterns re the people in different sections. I've already forgotten ages and genders of everyone, so it'll be very interesting to see the cross section that beautifully tragic brought together on this 'student' site, haha. Is anyone actually a student?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5231
Original post by Mandy_Panda
What was plan a? I was intending to be at Olympic viewing area in JL at 2, wearing pink. Or has it changed? it'll be fun to see what everyone looks like after all this time and if we can see any patterns re the people in different sections. I've already forgotten ages and genders of everyone, so it'll be very interesting to see the cross section that beautifully tragic bought together on this 'student' site, haha. Is anyone actually a student?

the plan as I understand it is : meet at 2pm at JL then move to the Cow/ Chestnut Plaza at about 3ish
Yes I will be in pink! and links bracelet and if I remember a sticky label with my nickname on it!! :smile:
Original post by Bignic12
the plan as I understand it is : meet at 2pm at JL then move to the Cow/ Chestnut Plaza at about 3ish
Yes I will be in pink! and links bracelet and if I remember a sticky label with my nickname on it!! :smile:

very organised. I'm always amazed by people that just happen to have things like sticky labels. I never think to buy things like that!
Just want to say how sorry I am to be missing out on the GBOMU (Great British Olympic Meet Up!) tomorrow! I'm visiting my family for the weekend but would have loved to come along and meet some of the most supportive people on the entire interweb! Have a brilliant time folks and throughly hoping there will be a bunch more people celebrating tomorrow at the GBOMU!!! :smile:
PS: Cinnamon: Definitely go for the Props/Staging!! Without meaning to sound like a stuck record, I've mentioned before how impressed I was with the role- they talked about attending the rehearsals in the 1:1 staging location that the performers will be at plus the role on the nights themselves. It seemed an awesome way to be involved in the whole brilliant thing!
Reply 5235
Original post by Pinnerite
No you need to be able to click that link and if it does not work you need to phone the cast coordinator today on 02012402040. There has been a case in the past - see Tylergardener- where the guy forgot to click the accept buttion and just sent off the forms and he was then put on the reserve list - all resurrected in the end but after that we made sure everyone knew the importance of accepting via the button to the extent that we were advising people to click the button twice, the second click bringing up the message that you had already accepted.

Good advice, thank you. I had the same problem, so e-mailed my acceptance and copies of the forms. I also just called on the number above and the guy who answered said there were problems with the link, but he would wonder over and ask someone to change my status to accept. So worth e-mailing and calling, just to be sure, I would suggest.
Reply 5236
Original post by Mandy_Panda
very organised. I'm always amazed by people that just happen to have things like sticky labels. I never think to buy things like that!

I am very organised...work in a primary school and have 2 kids, so....have all kinds of stuff in my "Special Box!"........
Original post by Bignic12
I am very organised...work in a primary school and have 2 kids, so....have all kinds of stuff in my "Special Box!"........

jealous, I have trouble even locating a pen most of the time, haha. I must remember to get one of these boxes, should I ever have children!
Reply 5238
Original post by timefortea
PS: Cinnamon: Definitely go for the Props/Staging!! Without meaning to sound like a stuck record, I've mentioned before how impressed I was with the role- they talked about attending the rehearsals in the 1:1 staging location that the performers will be at plus the role on the nights themselves. It seemed an awesome way to be involved in the whole brilliant thing!

Thanks for the info.
It does extremely interesting, I am not sure I have the specific skills mentioned on the website but if they want someone who has enthusiasm I have loads of it!
Reply 5239
Hope everyone has a brilliant time tomorrow. Can't make it as husband has a gig. Look forward to meeting fellow drummers in 51C when we have our first rehearsal.

Congratulations to all those offered places this week.:congrats:

Latest