The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maclondon
arrrghh, still waiting, now the offers are flying in and rehearsals are actually happening, panic is setting in! :smile: I'm literally ... typing.

have you called them recently to explain you auditioned in Nov n most people you know have heard either way?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Flakeydom
If you have access to webmail, then try there. I couldn't see my attachments on either iPhone or on normal mail application on computer but was able to download them from gmail directly

rocks99 I had the same problem- I had some difficulty finding the attachments at first. Btw if you are still having difficulty getting through to casting you usually have more chance getting through to a live person in the mornings i believe but if you leave a message they are usually pretty good at geting back promptly although there maybe a rush at the moment of course....
Original post by Dancerwoman
Abs in, soft knees, heel ball toe, expand your chest, don't forget to breathe! :dance: - no prizes for guessing what my evening job is.......:biggrin:

We should have sprung floors and mirrors so we can each other out whilst busting out our best moves....."Fame! I wanna live forever" PMSL!

abs?! What abs?! :wink:
Original post by Pinnerite
Yes! cinnamon and Karan D are in the same group and fyrecracker, suzalt and hutsulka are in 87A so you are in good company!

Excellent!! Thank you. :smile: Good to know I'm not on my own.

I can't wait till the first Rehearsal!! SOOOO Excited!! :dance:
Original post by Mandy_Panda

"Abdominals" :biggrin: - although I do know someone that refers to them as "doms".
Congratulations dragonlung - welcome to the happy band of 44ers - another hunky man I assume! :elefant::beer::clap2:
Original post by Dancerwoman
"Abdominals" :biggrin: - although I do know someone that refers to them as "doms".

lol, I know what they are, i was referring to the fact that i'm not particularly 'abulous' :wink: haha. My abs are well hidden under about 3 feet of blubber, haha.
Reply 6167
Original post by Pinnerite
rocks99 I had the same problem- I had some difficulty finding the attachments at first.

How did you resolve the issue? Did you have to get them to re-send the attachments, or can i access them if I open the mail in a different browser?
Original post by maclondon
No - others in the same boat have and got told its still being decided.
which is what the email in feb said :frown:

I'm sure I'll find out SOON!

hmmmm, for peace of mind I think you should contact them too. Make sure they know you are from Nov and didn't get reserve or acceptance. Worst they can do is tell you the same as the others, but at least you checked. Don't want you to be lost in the system!
Original post by rocks99
I reckon there must be a large element of seeing what the drop out rate looks like after the first couple of rehearsals... if an earlier post on here is correct, and some people are simply litter-pickers (or similar), I can see there being a high drop out rate once the exact nature of the roles become clear, as the rehearsal schedule is a massive commitment for what could ultimately be a very anti-climactic role

I doubt that even the more utility roles will be anti-climactic. Even if you're a litter-picker you'll be one of the coolest, highest profile litter-pickers on the planet and part of something incredible. I think anyone who doesn't go to their rehearsal or drops out will be kicking themselves. But if they do it'll be good news for the reserves.
Reply 6170
What an abundance of activity!
Welcome to all the newbies, its great eh? to share the experiences with like minded people :smile:
So many different roles now being offered and with still some peeps to hear I feel that there will be good news and more unusual abbreviations!
So envious of those that have started their rehearsals..my mind is doing cartwheels as I try to imagine your excitement!

Did you get your oyster cards at the first rehearsal??
:0
Original post by rocks99
How did you resolve the issue? Did you have to get them to re-send the attachments, or can i access them if I open the mail in a different browser?

If you have tried webmail with no joy, perhaps try forwarding it onto another account and see if you can access from there? Gmail did work for me in a couple of browsers even though it didn't seem to download in my email program.
Reply 6172
Original post by Mandy_Panda

By July we shall have them. I'm less worried about the abs and more about the fitness levels. Not particularly unfit but not a gym bunny either. Have been nagged to eat more protein all weekend in preparation.
Reply 6173
Original post by Melodrama Queen
Excellent!! Thank you. :smile: Good to know I'm not on my own.

I can't wait till the first Rehearsal!! SOOOO Excited!! :dance:

Congratulations, We are in the same group YAY!
I too am excited, just want the rehearsals to start lol!

Congratulations to everyone that got roles today, its fabulous reading all this good news and the excitement is certainly catching.
Well done everyone!
Original post by Ropey1
By July we shall have them. I'm less worried about the abs and more about the fitness levels. Not particularly unfit but not a gym bunny either. Have been nagged to eat more protein all weekend in preparation.

I'll personally be stocking up on carbs and plenty of rest the night before the rehearsals. Speaking as someone who used to dance in events such as London's Notting Hill Carnival where we dancers would be parading "on the road" for up to a feet burning 8 hours! It's always advisable to do this preparation beforehand as this will help you get through the rehearsals without getting too knackered on the night.

Well, the above worked for me in the past - I used to really pig out the night before (large portions which for my small stomach can be a challenge) however, it did provided me with plenty of energy the following day.
Original post by Ropey1

chocolate and alcohol are protein, right...?

I'm as unfit as they come. It's ok, they have probably factored that in, and there will be 5 seconds of dance, then a movement that involves collapsing, celebrating that the dancing has finished. That is blates what our section title means. Makes sense.
Reply 6176
Hi Rocks99, I had the same issue with the attachment but just logged into my
email through a different browser and that worked just fine.
So great reading all the happy messages, looking forward to everyone hearing good news before the week ends!
Ok guys,

As some of you will think I am a negative thinker I just want to say that I about about to give up and accept what has been offered to me for the summer as I put my life on hold until now 7 weeks after my recall audition!!!

I am a bit disappointed about the fact that we do not know anything at this point! I understand there is a lot of people that have auditioned but we can't be left out without knowing... my guess is we are not selected and they don't worry on how stressed we can be or the fact that this was so important for us to even update us... So as far as now I am about to move on and get on with my life... Really sad cause I really wanted more than anything right now to be part of this exceptional experience...

Wishing all the successful people the best and enjoy to the fullest for those like me who dreamed one day to be part of the most amazing show on Earth

Peace and Love y'all
Original post by Petitsyeuxbleus
Ok guys,

As some of you will think I am a negative thinker I just want to say that I about about to give up and accept what has been offered to me for the summer as I put my life on hold until now 7 weeks after my recall audition!!!

I am a bit disappointed about the fact that we do not know anything at this point! I understand there is a lot of people that have auditioned but we can't be left out without knowing... my guess is we are not selected and they don't worry on how stressed we can be or the fact that this was so important for us to even update us... So as far as now I am about to move on and get on with my life... Really sad cause I really wanted more than anything right now to be part of this exceptional experience...

Wishing all the successful people the best and enjoy to the fullest for those like me who dreamed one day to be part of the most amazing show on Earth

Peace and Love y'all

:frown:

The 'one week to go til rehearsal' e-mail specifically mentioned that if we can't attend, let them know, because there are lots of willing reserves who want our places. Might be worth waiting a week or 2 til the rehearsals have started and see if you get called on?
Reply 6179
Original post by Petitsyeuxbleus
Ok guys,

Peace and Love y'all

I can understand your frustration and hope that whatever your decision you are happy about it! You know how fate works sometimes......just as you are about to let go of your dream it just happens...so please just hold on just for a few more days as I am sure they want to get it all sorted out soon too :redface:
Big hugs coming your way...

Latest