The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6800
Original post by timefortea
There aren't many of us Props peeps, so we'll stick out- come over and say hi!!

And for those attending rehearsals this week- if you can, print out a copy of the email with the rehearsal date/details on, which you need to present with your ID initially. Alternatively, the email shown on your phone is fine! Have fun tonight!

Will do, look forward to saying hi.

Just had email from casting saying thanks for attending rehearsals last week ..... bit of a shock and thought oh no! ..... but only reiterating oyster card use rules. Phew!!!
Original post by Redu
Hi All,

Sadly, I’ve yet to hear anything apart from a “We haven't forgotten about you” email on the 26th of March.

Here’s hoping!

Same here, don't worry!
Original post by Ropey1
It's getting very exciting. Suspect I'm unbearable in the office -

Your description of you boogieing to a meeting really did make me giggle!

Original post by Kit-Yan
Oh my goodness! I have not been on here for so long.

Hey... welcome back! So nice to have you back and sorry about your bro!

Original post by Mum of Students
I'm not so sure about that rocks99 because 44 is quite near the beginning - some of the dancing segments come afterwards.

Unless of course the numbers are a slight red herring... and in the show 49 comes before 44!
Original post by Mum of Students
Oooo thanks .... easy when you know how!

Another way to quote is to type the following, but without the spaces in the brackets,

[ QUOTE=NameOfPoster ]Copy of post[ /QUOTE ]

Or a simple [ Quote ]Without name[ /quote ]

Which produces this...

NameOfPoster
Copy of post

And
Without name

It can also be used make up quotes, like...

DannyBoyle
The Opening Ceremony will be all about The Spice Girls!
Original post by EllieAtWHL
Another way to quote is to type the following, but without the spaces in the brackets,

[ QUOTE=NameOfPoster ]Copy of post[ /QUOTE ]

Or a simple [ Quote ]Without name[ /quote ]

Which produces this...

And

It can also be used make up quotes, like...

Thank you! Think I'm ready to take my posts to a whole new level of sophistication!
Reply 6805
Sometimes I feel like a kiddy again singing "why are we waiting we are suffocating!". Quiet news day again it seems.

For anyone involved in props-do the props section have a direct e-mail? I'd like to chase up my application as I haven't heard anything. Ta muchly.
Aww rehersals were fab tonight! If you havent started yet then your in for a treat!

And thats all I'm gonna say :wink:
Original post by icanshowyoutheworld
Aww rehersals were fab tonight! If you havent started yet then your in for a treat!

And thats all I'm gonna say :wink:

Totally agree! Lots of fun tonight :biggrin:
Original post by aspire_dance
Totally agree! Lots of fun tonight :biggrin:

What number were you?
What number were you?

88 :smile: what were you?!
Ah, number ten :smile:
Reply 6811
Original post by decepticon87
Same here, don't worry!

Same here! :biggrin: another 22nd recall unheard thus far.

My attitude has calmed down a lot but I wasn't trying to attack: just to explain the circumstances that many people have been in and the frustration has been intense.

Many congrats to maclondon though for hanging in there- excellent news and that inspires me! I couldn't have that kind of staying power though! wow!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lanza101
Same here! :biggrin: another 22nd recall unheard- with a fellow torchbearer unheard from 22nd and a 23rd paras 1st/only audition unheard (as Flakeydom has included us in the stats too)

You're a torchbearer? Where will you be? V cool!

Anyhow to give all the Feb bods an update, here's the news for the February second audition dates. Bear in mind that 'Not Heard' may mean 'have heard but haven't posted result on TSR'

16 Feb - 1 person. 1 Opening
18 Feb - 13 people. 3 Opening, 5 Closing, 5 Not Heard
19 Feb - 8 people. 5 Opening, 1 Both, 1 Reserve, 1 Not Heard
21 Feb - 11 people. 1 Closing, 1 Para, 1 Reserve, 8 Not Heard
22 Feb - 12 people. 2 Closing, 4 Reserves, 1 No (redonionmarmalade's pal), 5 Not Heard
23 Feb - 10 people. 3 Para Open, 1 Para Both, 1 No (another redonion pal), 5 Not Heard
25 Feb - 1 person. 1 Not Heard
26 Feb - 2 people. 1 Para Open, 1 Not heard
29 Feb - 1 person, 1 Para Open
3 March - 1 person 1 Not Heard
Unknown Feb date - 29 people. 10 Opening, 2 Both, 4 Closing, 4 Para Open, 1 Para Both, 1 reserve, 7 Not Heard

Total 89 people. 19 Opening, 3 Both, 12 Closing, 9 Para Open, 2 Para Both, 1 Para somewhere, 2 Rejects, 7 Reserves, 24 Not Heard.

There are no Para Closing bods as yet so definitely still hope...
Ah, number ten :smile:

Don't think we could have been further away if we'd tried!
Reply 6814
Heya...pls help. I am in segment 51C for the opening ceremony but have recently moved house and cannot locate my paperwork (other than my rehearsal schedule) and have changed my email in the interim too. I am now unable to contact the segment leader to let them know re my change of email addy. Can anyone help? I initially emailed the segment leader in Jan to accept my place but of course now have no access to my old email. I tried calling a random number and leaving a message, but to no avail. ANY assistance would be so greatly appreciated. Cheers in advance.
A question for all you lucky people who have started rehearsals already.

If it states a rehearsal time of 5:30pm, should I arrive at the time to go through security, or will I need to arrive early to give time to get through security before rehearsal begins at 5:30, and if so how early? Trying to work out how much earlier I'll need to leave work.

If it states a rehearsal time of 5:30pm, should I arrive at the time to go through security, or will I need to arrive early to give time to get through security before rehearsal begins at 5:30, and if so how early? Trying to work out how much earlier I'll need to leave work.

Great question.

Well. I arrived 10 minutes late for my first rehearsal this evening - due to me driving around looking for a parking meter, couldn't find one, so ended up sitting in the car in a business permit parking space until after the parking restriction was lifted at 5.30pm.

Despite my [lateness], although I was amongst the last to arrive, they were still scanning people in and issuing passes.

It seemed to me that the Organisers had purposely waited for most / everyone to arrive before starting the introductions. I reckon (in my Segment's case) that this worked out about half an hour after the time mentioned in the rehearsal schedule.

I'm not too sure whether this was the case with other sections. Even if I was able to, I would have been reluctant to arrive early anyway because it would have meant waiting around outside. At least at the time I arrived and after showing my ID to security, I was able to walk straight in.

they don't open the doors til 530 and you are pre allocated numbers, isn't first come, first served or anything really. So no need to get there much before 530.

Latest