The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hm, I applied to be a games maker and was successful. I assumed that if I got this too, I would be allowed to make the choice. But if I am rejected from this because of the games maker email I will be sad :-(
bluang31, Cornishot, Sheldon85 and Cinnamon- what were all your auditions for?
Reply 782
Original post by bluang3l
On the attachment on the Reserve list email it says "Please note that if you have already been selected as a Games Maker Volunteer, you cannot also participate as a Ceremonies Volunteers due to a conflict of time commitments."

Interesting, they must have added that , as my email never said that!
Never picked up a musical instrument in my life! I would have preferred dancing but that's life :smile: Definitely keen on some of the back stage jobs they have sent through on the reserve email - all sorts of things from costume construction to staging & props! I'm going to apply for that as well!

they do sound pretty good, i'm sure you'll get one of those!
Reply 784
Never picked up a musical instrument in my life! I would have preferred dancing but that's life :smile: Definitely keen on some of the back stage jobs they have sent through on the reserve email - all sorts of things from costume construction to staging & props! I'm going to apply for that as well!

My email never had this on it either!
Original post by Londondancer
Hm, I applied to be a games maker and was successful. I assumed that if I got this too, I would be allowed to make the choice. But if I am rejected from this because of the games maker email I will be sad :-(

i'm sure someone else had that and could choose?
Original post by Mandy_Panda
i'm sure someone else had that and could choose?

Let's hope so! This has been the most unproductive week of my life waiting for that email!
Really sorry to hear about more reserve list replies.

Remember the link I posted earlier - anyone can apply for one of the backstage roles:
https://www.london2012.com/games/ceremonies/get-involved/crew/application-stage-one.php
(edited 12 years ago)
Let's hope so! This has been the most unproductive week of my life waiting for that email!

i'm barely doing any work and everytime I get an email, I have a mini heart attack
Reply 789

I was successful as a games maker and as a London Ambassador. Im now on the 'reserve list' for the ceremonies volunteer. Never knew that it would affect my chances of being a ceremonies volunteer.
Reply 790
Original post by cinnamon
My email never had this on it either!

Strange!! That probably means that you're ahead of me in the selections. i.e. because I got the email for backstage work - they REALLY don't want me as a performer :wink:

Maybe follow the link that commonliner gave to apply for these?
i'm barely doing any work and everytime I get an email, I have a mini heart attack

me too!! now is the time of the day i wish i had too many meetings to keep me away from email and here!!

are we the only 3 that are yet to hear anything?
Reply 792
Chanchan, not sure it has affected. I know someone who is a Gamesmaker and was offered performer role. She now has to make choice.

I have had a reply from casting but it just repeats last night's message.
Original post by waiting ages
me too!! now is the time of the day i wish i had too many meetings to keep me away from email and here!!

are we the only 3 that are yet to hear anything?

me, you, London dancer, Essex girl, happy ending and jhaslam I think (sorry if I got names wrong). So quite a few. I think most of us had dance audition in Nov?
Reply 794
me, you, London dancer, Essex girl, happy ending and jhaslam I think (sorry if I got names wrong). So quite a few. I think most of us had dance audition in Nov?

myself and a friend who had our auditions together on the 13th and 19th Nov still waiting too!
Reply 795
hey guys- long time stalker here, not yet posted on this thread but it's been really good to follow so thanks to the regular contributors :smile:

I'm in the same boat re waiting to hear back. I had a hard jazz dance audition (to the Adele track) on Sun 27th, was for the closing ceremony. Still not heard anything yet, and 2bh not feeling massively confident as there were alot of semi-pros at the audition and i was nowhere near their level (still, i wasnt the worst!) also, i have a feeling that this closing dance routine will require less bodies than the opening ceremony one, just due to the nature of the type of dance... :s-smilie: Hoping they offer me a different role ie acting if i'm not successful but i have a feeling that's not really been the way things are working for people so far!

I still have other mates waiting to hear too, and their auditions were around the same time/after mine (and they are really awesome semi-pro peeps who i would be shocked if they didnt make it in) - still hope i'm sure!! xx
Original post by Flakeydom
Chanchan, not sure it has affected. I know someone who is a Gamesmaker and was offered performer role. She now has to make choice.

I have had a reply from casting but it just repeats last night's message.

flakey, sorry, sure I asked before, but when was your second audition and what for?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sukied00
myself and a friend who had our auditions together on the 13th and 19th Nov still waiting too!

I had same 2 auditions as you, hip hop? Feeling a bit more relieved now... Maybe
I had the Nov 26th dance audition, and am still waiting to hear...
Mine was on the 20th for Drumming - if I was a guy I probably would have got in!!!

Same here (I was a drummer who had 2nd audition on 20th Nov. too) - and I can help but think you have a point there being discriminated not only because of being female but being a more mature female as well - I am 47 btw - had I been a guy of the same age or even a younger, slim female with a pretty face I might have made it too !

Latest